Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
  1.    29 May 2017 #701
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,604
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Hiya is new Rescue Media needed now ?
    Yes Steph, it is always updated
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    29 May 2017 #702
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    England
    Posts : 14,106
    Windows 10 Professional x64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Yes Steph, it is always updated
    OK thanks Mike
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 May 2017 #703
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 176
    Windows 10

    I will see what Macrium say before I uninstalled ☺

    I am going to run a backup now and see what happens suppose could be a one off. ..

    As also mentioned do you need to create a new rescue USB after each Macrium software update?

    I did only create it on Friday☺
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 May 2017 #704
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,031
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by stuarttunstall View Post
    That's the thing... I have looked in there and default and it is set not to do it... very strange...
    Like Mike said, uninstall/reinstall may be your only recourse. Not having that issue, and haven't seen it posted by anyone else. The lastest was a Patch update, not an install over the existing. Sometimes that doesn't go quite right. Get a fresh copy of the Macrium Reflect from their site, uninstall the one you have, and start over with a clean Macrium Install. If it still comes back, we'll look at other things. Macrium Reflect Free | Macrium Software
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    29 May 2017 #705
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,604
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by stuarttunstall View Post
    I will see what Macrium say before I uninstalled ☺

    I am going to run a backup now and see what happens suppose could be a one off. ..

    As also mentioned do you need to create a new rescue USB after each Macrium software update?

    I did only create it on Friday☺
    Yes at least so far, after every update, Macrium has also updated our USB thumb drive too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    29 May 2017 #706
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 176
    Windows 10

    Well, just tried to manually run a incremental backup and it stick on "loading index file" for about 10 mins... so I uninstalled just the Macrium software but left all options in place...

    I have just reinstalled and ran the incremental back up, did it in about 6 mins which is quicker than the last couple, and no message...

    So I will see what it does when it automatically runs the differential back up tonight... So far so good
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    29 May 2017 #707
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,604
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by stuarttunstall View Post
    Well, just tried to manually run a incremental backup and it stick on "loading index file" for about 10 mins... so I uninstalled just the Macrium software but left all options in place...

    I have just reinstalled and ran the incremental back up, did it in about 6 mins which is quicker than the last couple, and no message...

    So I will see what it does when it automatically runs the differential back up tonight... So far so good
    That is Great news, hope everything works well for you tonight.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    29 May 2017 #708
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 176
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    That is Great news, hope everything works well for you tonight.
    Hope so... I installed on Friday, did the full back up in about an hour and the incremental on Friday, Saturday and Sunday took about 15-16 mins, this one just took 6 mins! so a lot quicker... and no message Lol... maybe the update, as you said did not quite go as it should

    So you would now recommend I wipe my USB recovery and do a new one?

    Thanks for the advice...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 May 2017 #709
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,604
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by stuarttunstall View Post
    Hope so... I installed on Friday, did the full back up in about an hour and the incremental on Friday, Saturday and Sunday took about 15-16 mins, this one just took 6 mins! so a lot quicker... and no message Lol... maybe the update, as you said did not quite go as it should

    So you would now recommend I wipe my USB recovery and do a new one?

    Thanks for the advice...
    You could do that, would not hurt. Then after making your new one, test it out to make sure everything works ok for you.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    29 May 2017 #710
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 176
    Windows 10

    Thank you... May do that later, the current one is only a couple of days old and I did test that to make sure it boots OK which it does...

    "Fingers crossed" it is fixed now Lol

    Joys of computers and software... Lol... ask the airports with there issues over the weekend
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Macrium Reflect...
Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it...
Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect errors.
Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or...
General Support
Installation & Upgrade Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot
If you ask me, Macrium Reflect should be obligatory, first application installed after installing Windows 10. Users often think it as just another backup application but in fact it is much more, giving more than any other free imaging solution....
Tutorials
New Macrium Reflect Update
New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225
Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect FAILED
Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in...
Backup and Restore
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:39.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums