New Macrium Reflect Updates Solved

  1. Wiley Coyote's Avatar
    Posts : 1,081
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.3162)
       21 Dec 2018 #1951

    You mean McaFiasco?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 6,564
    Windows / Linux : Centos, Ubuntu, OpenSuse
       22 Dec 2018 #1952

    Hi folks

    Patches coming in thick and fast (last one 21 Dec) - but shows MR do good work.

    Some people must be doing a lot of overtime -- We're done until 3rd Jan for our Christmas and New year holidays. !!!

    BTW I've written elsewhere but for HOME machines the chances of you getting any viruses are virtually nil these days if you use WD and obey decent safe surfing rules -- these days hacking is far more sophisticated -- people just want your money which is often got by scamming especially as people tend to give so much information away on Social media. No amount of A/V software can protect you against a lot of the common scams.

    Corporate security is another issue as hackers can make big money by stealing accounts from say cloud services or have political agenda such as attempting Denial of service techniques on big corporates, Govt websites etc.

    The days for domestic extra A/V software was fine with W7 as it didn't have any sort of sensible built in security -- Windows 10 security has improved no end --totally different ballgame to W7 --you really don't need any extra consumer grade A/V software for home use - WD is perfectly OK and it's updated almost daily-- just be safe and take regular backups - Macrium is 100% good for this.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. philc43's Avatar
    Posts : 3,868
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1809 Build 17763.316 and W10 Insider Build 18334
       22 Dec 2018 #1953

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi folks

    Patches coming in thick and fast (last one 21 Dec) - but shows MR do good work.

    Some people must be doing a lot of overtime -- We're done until 3rd Jan for our Christmas and New year holidays. !!!

    BTW I've written elsewhere but for HOME machines the chances of you getting any viruses are virtually nil these days if you use WD and obey decent safe surfing rules -- these days hacking is far more sophisticated -- people just want your money which is often got by scamming especially as people tend to give so much information away on Social media. No amount of A/V software can protect you against a lot of the common scams.

    Corporate security is another issue as hackers can make big money by stealing accounts from say cloud services or have political agenda such as attempting Denial of service techniques on big corporates, Govt websites etc.

    The days for domestic extra A/V software was fine with W7 as it didn't have any sort of sensible built in security -- Windows 10 security has improved no end --totally different ballgame to W7 --you really don't need any extra consumer grade A/V software for home use - WD is perfectly OK and it's updated almost daily-- just be safe and take regular backups - Macrium is 100% good for this.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Well said, thanks!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    22 Dec 2018 #1954

    happy holidays macrium users
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 39,329
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       1 Week Ago #1955

    Anybody interested, Macrium has a 2-fer Valentines deal out. 2 paid Home versions (pro) for the price of 1.

    Macrium Software | Valentines Promotion

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-02-04_20h18_13.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	255.4 KB 
ID:	223413
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    5 Days Ago #1956

    Recently bought a very lightweight (and cheap) laptop with 32GB emmc drive for travelling rather than carrying my main lappie (far more expensive to replace if broken/stolen).

    I set up both laptops with network sharing, and then used the new ability in Macrium Reflect to backup over wifi to my main laptop, and it worked great albeit a little slow (took 18 mins for c. 20GB).

    Nice one!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 10,175
    10 Home x64 (1809) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       5 Days Ago #1957

    cereberus said: View Post
    ...used the new ability in Macrium Reflect to backup over wifi to my main laptop, and it worked great albeit a little slow (took 18 mins for c. 20GB).
    Nice one!
    Nice to know it works, thanks

    For my 'travelling lappie' I like to back it up to a 32GB usb stick. With the recovery media on the same usb I can take it with me on my travels in case of emergencies.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    5 Days Ago #1958

    Bree said: View Post
    Nice to know it works, thanks

    For my 'travelling lappie' I like to back it up to a 32GB usb stick. With the recovery media on the same usb I can take it with me on my travels in case of emergencies.
    Sure - I do same as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 6,564
    Windows / Linux : Centos, Ubuntu, OpenSuse
       5 Days Ago #1959

    Hi there
    I actually have decent laptop cloned on to an external SSD drive made with WintoUSB (Hasleo) - the trick is to load the SSD on to a Linux system before booting the windows system you created the first time.

    You will need something like that to change 2 file names in the windows/system32/drivers as you run into all sorts of problems if you do it on a running windows system. I have a crappy one for travelling.

    Now when I take the crappy laptop on travelling I can run my stuff from the external SSD - so if old laptop gets broken or stolen there's only some out of date Windows 7 bits on its own internal HDD which itself is as slow as molasses. The external SSD performs a lot quicker even with an i3 CPU in the older laptop.

    1) rename uaspstor.sys to uaspstor.sys.old
    2) copy usbstor.sys as uaspstor.sys (i.e you will have 2 copies of usbstor.sys one with a different name)

    Don't do this on the Internal HDD / SSD of your main laptop of course !!!!

    Now the SSD will boot just fine from USB3-->Sata connector and you've got all programs, data, etc etc on a 100% portable HDD. Performance is fine too even on a modest laptop and you can of course run Macrium or any other windows installable stuff.

    If you don't do these changes the external SSD will give error on Windows boot after running the Hasleo clone system.

    You will have to take care of activations -- however as the old laptop has a similar mobo I didn't get asked for activation - seems digital licence is quite decent these days.

    I Like the latest updates to Macrium too -- decent product, reliable, and fast.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Macrium Reflect... in Backup and Restore
Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it...
Macrium Reflect errors. in General Support
Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or...
If you ask me, Macrium Reflect should be obligatory, first application installed after installing Windows 10. Users often think it as just another backup application but in fact it is much more, giving more than any other free imaging solution....
New Macrium Reflect Update in Backup and Restore
New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225
Macrium Reflect FAILED in Backup and Restore
Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:50.
Find Us