Windows 10: New Macrium Reflect Updates Solved

Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 164
    trying to install win10
       21 Oct 2015 #181

    There are sevearl imaging programs. They all seem to do the job in a broadly similar fashion.

    Just about which you prefer.

    I like Aomei - it is small, fast , easy to use, and has a lot of features. Even the free version has restore to different hardware. Not sure if it supports emmc drives though.

    Paragon has a particularly useful feature so you can exclude files/folders from an image.


    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Almost forgot to mention this, I have been using Acronis since 2006, have every version including the new 2016 version, that I just upgraded too. BUT now because of all you guys telling me about how good Macrium Reflect is, I have stopped using my Acronis and been only using Macrium Reflect...... all because of you folks!!! Thanks Guys
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 30,195
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       21 Oct 2015 #182

    SIW2 said: View Post
    There are sevearl imaging programs. They all seem to do the job in a broadly similar fashion.

    Just about which you prefer.

    I like Aomei - it is small, fast , easy to use, and has a lot of features. Even the free version has restore to different hardware. Not sure if it supports emmc drives though.

    Paragon has a particularly useful feature so you can exclude files/folders from an image.
    Yup I agree, their have been many imaging programs around for years. I just always used Acronis, as it never gave me any problems, but Acronis is not free. Its darn good thou. I switched to Macrium Reflect mainly cause it was a lot smaller, on my hard drive, runs very well also, no problems. Shows all my partitions, which Acronis didn't. Still doesn't. also MR can do partition management too . Which I have still to learn more about that feature. Plus its Free. Everyone has their options as to which programs they like and don't, I see nothing wrong with anyone's choice. I'm very happy that we have lots of choices.

    Mike....
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    21 Oct 2015 #183

    For me, the two added biggies to the MR free version are disk management and differentials. Disk management is crucial if you are going to set up automated backups for people who will/can not manage disk space themselves.

    The other thing I have noticed with ver 6 is the higher degree of compression giving smaller images.

    I had the paid ver 5 but the free ver 6 is all I need now. Win for me but loss to Macrium!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       21 Oct 2015 #184

    linw said: View Post
    For me, the two added biggies to the MR free version are disk management and differentials. Disk management is crucial if you are going to set up automated backups for people who will/can not manage disk space themselves.

    The other thing I have noticed with ver 6 is the higher degree of compression giving smaller images.


    I had the paid ver 5 but the free ver 6 is all I need now. Win for me but loss to Macrium!
    I bought the first 6.xx version not knowing they MR would give the same release for free, but I have some extra features and it was worth it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 15,730
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       26 Oct 2015 #185

    New version(again)!!!

    Macrium Reflect v6.1.887

    See 1st post for change log

    You need to also update your USB/DVD recovery disk!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    26 Oct 2015 #186

    Wow! Another update!
    Glad I'm using a USB recovery drive and not a DVD each time!
    Still, it's worth it!
    I've uninstalled Acronis 2016, which I paid for, and switched over to Macrium. I'm very impressed with it!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 30,195
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       26 Oct 2015 #187

    Got the patch Cliff, thanks for the info!!! Another new update today is CCleaner, just released today, also.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 15,730
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       26 Oct 2015 #188

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Got the patch Cliff, thanks for the info!!! Another new update today is CCleaner, just released today, also.
    I got it thanks Mike
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1,848
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
       26 Oct 2015 #189

    Beginning to wonder if 6.1 is stable
    or is it a preview release..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 15,730
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       26 Oct 2015 #190

    Kyhi said: View Post
    Beginning to wonder if 6.1 is stable
    or is it a preview release..
    In the last week...hmmm???
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Macrium Reflect... in Backup and Restore
Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it...
Macrium Reflect errors. in General Support
Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or...
If you ask me, Macrium Reflect should be obligatory, first application installed after installing Windows 10. Users often think it as just another backup application but in fact it is much more, giving more than any other free imaging solution....
New Macrium Reflect Update in Backup and Restore
New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225
Macrium Reflect FAILED in Backup and Restore
Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57.
Find Us