Windows 10: New Macrium Reflect Updates Solved

  1.    3 Weeks Ago #1331

    No, never used recovery drive. Wouldn't know how! Only recoveries I would use are from macrium images.

    There is a 510MB partition there but it is doing no harm so I ignore it!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 20,078
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       3 Weeks Ago #1332

    larc919 said: View Post
    Does anybody ever actually use the recovery partition? I can't find anything it does that Windows install media or a system repair disk can't do, so never include it when I'm doing a Macrium backup. In fact, I always delete the recovery partition on my non-insider machines after a major update creates it and merge that space back into C.
    I think that's there so John Q. Public will have something to go back to if things mess up. I'm pretty sure it's not for those "in the know".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    3 Weeks Ago #1333

    larc919 said: View Post
    Does anybody ever actually use the recovery partition? I can't find anything it does that Windows install media or a system repair disk can't do, so never include it when I'm doing a Macrium backup. In fact, I always delete the recovery partition on my non-insider machines after a major update creates it and merge that space back into C.
    I used to merge restore partition with C: but being an insider every new build creates one and as its only 454MB I now ignore it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 10,810
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       3 Weeks Ago #1334

    The Recovery Partition contains the WinRE recovery environment you get when your computer fails to boot a couple of times or you hold down Shift and restart. It has options such as run startup repair, command prompt, boot from another device and several more. Yes, you can do the exact same thing with the installation USB if you click 'repair my computer'. I think it is more of a convenience than anything else and is not necessary. It should not have a drive letter and it can be deleted if you don't want it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 410
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       3 Weeks Ago #1335

    essenbe said: View Post
    The Recovery Partition contains the WinRE recovery environment you get when your computer fails to boot a couple of times or you hold down Shift and restart. It has options such as run startup repair, command prompt, boot from another device and several more. Yes, you can do the exact same thing with the installation USB if you click 'repair my computer'. I think it is more of a convenience than anything else and is not necessary. It should not have a drive letter and it can be deleted if you don't want it.
    Exactly!!!
    If it wasn't recreated on every upgrade, it can be safely deleted and the space can be reclaimed, by merging it into C:.
    Now as @Wynona said be a John Q Public and leave it as is to save the hassle
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    2 Weeks Ago #1336

    Just noticed that my up-to-date MR is writing backup files with the wrong date. Wow, this is REALLY bad. Doing this on two 1803 and one Insider comp. The logs are fine but the date on the file is wrong.

    Some examples:-
    28/5 9am became 27/04 6:13 pm
    04/06 9am became 04/05 6:13 pm

    05/06 15:29 became 06/05 12:59 pm
    02/06 12pm became 02/05 9:10 pm

    etc
    Be aware this is in a dd/mm zone!

    The comps have the region date set correctly.

    Anyone seen this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    2 Weeks Ago #1337

    ddelo said: View Post
    Exactly!!!
    If it wasn't recreated on every upgrade, it can be safely deleted and the space can be reclaimed, by merging it into C:.
    Now as @Wynona said be a John Q Public and leave it as is to save the hassle
    On my pc, I leave it as space is no issue. I always delete it on my tablet with only 32GB drive. In fact, reset on tablets is decidely flakey and you can semi brick a tablet if it goes wrong as tablets often use special drivers not in MS isos. I ALWAYS use Macrium Reflect Free on my tablet as my recovery method.

    As an aside, I have extensively tested all the main image backup players on my tablet. Most fall over either in backup or restore stage as they just cannot properly handle 32bit uefi systems.

    Only two programs worked 100% i.e. Macrium Reflect and Easeus Todo but Todo was so sloooooooooooow compared with Macrium Reflect by nearly a factor of ten!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    2 Weeks Ago #1338

    linw said: View Post
    Just noticed that my up-to-date MR is writing backup files with the wrong date. Wow, this is REALLY bad. Doing this on two 1803 and one Insider comp. The logs are fine but the date on the file is wrong.

    Some examples:-
    28/5 9am became 27/04 6:13 pm
    04/06 9am became 04/05 6:13 pm

    05/06 15:29 became 06/05 12:59 pm
    02/06 12pm became 02/05 9:10 pm

    etc
    Be aware this is in a dd/mm zone!

    The comps have the region date set correctly.

    Anyone seen this?
    Mmmm, looks like my wdmycloud NAS is not syncing with the time server. Sorry, MR, bad wdmycloud.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    2 Weeks Ago #1339

    Everytime I see a New Post here, I think that there is a New MR Update...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    2 Weeks Ago #1340

    Hi,

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Everytime I see a New Post here, I think that there is a New MR Update...
    You're not the only one.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    Macrium Reflect... in Backup and Restore
    Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it...
    Macrium Reflect errors. in General Support
    Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or...
    If you ask me, Macrium Reflect should be obligatory, first application installed after installing Windows 10. Users often think it as just another backup application but in fact it is much more, giving more than any other free imaging solution....
    New Macrium Reflect Update in Backup and Restore
    New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225
    Macrium Reflect FAILED in Backup and Restore
    Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:21.
    Find Us