Windows 10: New Macrium Reflect Updates Solved


  1. Posts : 30,092
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17692
       08 Jan 2018 #1051

    Thank you Josey. First post updated. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    15 Jan 2018 #1052

    New Update v 7.1.2833

    Bug Fixes v7.1.2833 - 14th January 2018:

    • MIG Service install problem
      The Macrium Image Guardian Service could fail to start. This has been resolved.
    • EXT 4 File System image size
      Linux EXT 4 file system images could be unnecessarily large. This has been resolved.
    • Free Edition prompt for Windows PE rebuild
      The Free Edition of Macrium Reflect could prompt for a rebuild even if the rescue media was up to date. This has been resolved.

    Macrium Reflect Patch Details

    @Brink @Cliff S

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr.PNG 
Views:	105 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	172644


    Requires a Reboot on The CU only
    Last edited by Josey Wales; 15 Jan 2018 at 11:21.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    15 Jan 2018 #1053

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    New Update v 7.1.2833

    Bug Fixes v7.1.2833 - 14th January 2018:

    • MIG Service install problem
      The Macrium Image Guardian Service could fail to start. This has been resolved.
    • EXT 4 File System image size
      Linux EXT 4 file system images could be unnecessarily large. This has been resolved.
    • Free Edition prompt for Windows PE rebuild
      The Free Edition of Macrium Reflect could prompt for a rebuild even if the rescue media was up to date. This has been resolved.

    Macrium Reflect Patch Details

    @Brink @Cliff S

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr.PNG 
Views:	105 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	172644


    Requires a Reboot
    Thanks for the heads up Josey, but after the update, it did not ask for a reboot on my machine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    15 Jan 2018 #1054

    Yeah, did not ask for a reboot here either....
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    15 Jan 2018 #1055

    kipper said: View Post
    Yeah, did not ask for a reboot here either....
    It will only ask for a reboot on The CU and Not the FCU
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 20,873
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       15 Jan 2018 #1056

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    New Update v 7.1.2833

    Bug Fixes v7.1.2833 - 14th January 2018:

    • MIG Service install problem
      The Macrium Image Guardian Service could fail to start. This has been resolved.
    • EXT 4 File System image size
      Linux EXT 4 file system images could be unnecessarily large. This has been resolved.
    • Free Edition prompt for Windows PE rebuild
      The Free Edition of Macrium Reflect could prompt for a rebuild even if the rescue media was up to date. This has been resolved.

    Macrium Reflect Patch Details

    @Brink @Cliff S

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr.PNG 
Views:	105 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	172644


    Requires a Reboot on The CU only
    Thanks Josey, 1st post updated
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    15 Jan 2018 #1057

    kipper said: View Post
    Yeah, did not ask for a reboot here either....
    Me either since I had to use this program today restore a old image after about 10GB of disk space just vanished. Even after restoring the old image and updating running Macrium I did not have to reboot. If I download the installer and update it then it asks for a reboot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    15 Jan 2018 #1058

    reddice said: View Post
    Me either since I had to use this program today restore a old image after about 10GB of disk space just vanished. Even after restoring the old image and updating running Macrium I did not have to reboot. If I download the installer and update it then it asks for a reboot.
    If you read the post it states that it will only reboot in the CU.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    15 Jan 2018 #1059

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    If you read the post it states that it will only reboot in the CU.
    I had to reboot when I did a full install upgrade once when the program said it was up to date when it was not yet on there delta update. Not with the delta update method though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 20,873
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       01 Feb 2018 #1060

    New update!

    What's New v7.1.2885 - 1st February 2018


    • Missing files reported when mounting backups
      When mounting backup files, if required files are missing from the backup set then the original file names are now listed in the error message box.



    Bug Fixes

    • Synthetic Full re-started backup sets
      If all incremental images are deleted from a backup set with a synthetic full image, and the set is 're-started' by creating another Incremental then the error 'Invalid Parameter' would occur when mounting the Incremental image file. Additionally, a restore of this Incremental may result in the Full being restored. This has been resolved.


    • ReDeploy improvements for NVMe host controllers
      When migrating a system to an NVMe booting device, ReDeploy required the user to specify vendor drivers for this hardware, even when the target OS has native support. This has been resolved.

      We recommend creating fresh Windows PE rescue media after updating.




    • Macrium viBoot
      When running on systems that were configured in any language other than English, Macrium viBoot would sometimes fail to display information about virtual machines. This has been resolved
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    Macrium Reflect... in Backup and Restore
    Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it...
    Macrium Reflect errors. in General Support
    Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or...
    If you ask me, Macrium Reflect should be obligatory, first application installed after installing Windows 10. Users often think it as just another backup application but in fact it is much more, giving more than any other free imaging solution....
    New Macrium Reflect Update in Backup and Restore
    New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225
    Macrium Reflect FAILED in Backup and Restore
    Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06.
    Find Us