Windows 10: New Macrium Reflect Updates Solved

  1.    23 Nov 2017 #1011

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Found this morning on G+ this morning:


    Attachment 165205
    Sure is a Great Deal Cliff, Wow!!!! 40% off, all I got was 20%off If I didn't already have 2 licensees I would garb this offer Fast. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    23 Nov 2017 #1012

    Of course, you cannot install MRH on more than one PC, but there is nothing stopping you using a bootable flash drive and using on other PC. I asked if that was legal and they kind of ducked the question just reiterating the single installation problem.

    You have to be able to use boot drive on a another pc, or else you could not use the redeploy feature. So, basically, there is nothing that says you can't use it to backup stuff. Having said that, you do not get all features in winpse mode but Rapid Delta Restore still works.

    Another perfectly legal operation is when you want to make an image backup of a Hyper-V VM, and you only have MRH licence on Host. Originally, I just installed MR Free in VM, and then I realised I could boot from MRH iso instead.

    Then I really realised that I was going about it completely the wrong way. All you need to do is mount vhd(x) file as a drive in host and run MRH from host. Perefectly legal and much faster.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 21,006
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       23 Nov 2017 #1013

    cereberus said: View Post
    Of course, you cannot install MRH on more than one PC, but there is nothing stopping you using a bootable flash drive and using on other PC. I asked if that was legal and they kind of ducked the question just reiterating the single installation problem.

    You have to be able to use boot drive on a another pc, or else you could not use the redeploy feature. So, basically, there is nothing that says you can't use it to backup stuff. Having said that, you do not get all features in winpse mode but Rapid Delta Restore still works.

    Another perfectly legal operation is when you want to make an image backup of a Hyper-V VM, and you only have MRH licence on Host. Originally, I just installed MR Free in VM, and then I realised I could boot from MRH iso instead.

    Then I really realised that I was going about it completely the wrong way. All you need to do is mount vhd(x) file as a drive in host and run MRH from host. Perefectly legal and much faster.
    Why would you want Macrium Reflect in Hyper-V?
    You can either create a checkpoint, and/or export the VM too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    23 Nov 2017 #1014

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Why would you want Macrium Reflect in Hyper-V?
    You can either create a checkpoint, and/or export the VM too.
    Sometimes you want to mess around with partitions, restoring and deleting etc.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 19,700
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       23 Nov 2017 #1015

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Why would you want Macrium Reflect in Hyper-V?
    You can either create a checkpoint, and/or export the VM too.
    Checkpoints are not backups.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 21,006
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       23 Nov 2017 #1016

    kado897 said: View Post
    Checkpoints are not backups.
    They are much more than backups Keith, much more.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 21,006
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       23 Nov 2017 #1017

    cereberus said: View Post
    Sometimes you want to mess around with partitions, restoring and deleting etc.
    Ah, ok, I get it.:)
    Plus I guess it's a good way to test something, before doing it on your host.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 19,700
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       23 Nov 2017 #1018

    Cliff S said: View Post
    They are much more than backups Keith, much more.
    Maybe they are different from VirtualBox Checkpoints which just freeze the state at a point in time but do not make a separate copy of the state.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 21,006
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       23 Nov 2017 #1019

    kado897 said: View Post
    Maybe they are different from VirtualBox Checkpoints which just freeze the state at a point in time but do not make a separate copy of the state.
    You can go back to them, you export them as a backup, if you have a bunch of them you can jump around the whole subtree any way you want, you can delete single ones, or merge the whole tree/subtree if you wish.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 19,700
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       23 Nov 2017 #1020

    Cliff S said: View Post
    You can go back to them, you export them as a backup, if you have a bunch of them you can jump around the whole subtree any way you want, you can delete single ones, or merge the whole tree/subtree if you wish.
    Ah right so it's exporting that's the backup.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Macrium Reflect... in Backup and Restore
Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it...
Macrium Reflect errors. in General Support
Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or...
If you ask me, Macrium Reflect should be obligatory, first application installed after installing Windows 10. Users often think it as just another backup application but in fact it is much more, giving more than any other free imaging solution....
New Macrium Reflect Update in Backup and Restore
New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225
Macrium Reflect FAILED in Backup and Restore
Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01.
Find Us