1.    08 Feb 2016 #1
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10

    Macrium V6 Rescue Disk Will Not Boot in W10


    I'm not familiar with the UEFI boot system in W10. Any pointers? Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    08 Feb 2016 #2
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    England
    Posts : 964
    Windows IP 17046

    Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, as soon as you switch on the laptop, press F2 button repeatedly, go to Boot tab in BIOS and select CD/DVD, press F6 to move up to the 1st position. press F10 to save the settings and exit. If you have access to another PC, create another Macrium recovery CD.
    Starting with the rescue CD
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    08 Feb 2016 #3
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, as soon as you switch on the laptop, press F2 button repeatedly, go to Boot tab in BIOS and select CD/DVD, press F6 to move up to the 1st position. press F10 to save the settings and exit. If you have access to another PC, create another Macrium recovery CD.
    Starting with the rescue CD
    Thanks brummyfan. Everything you posted worked up to the cd not running... it just hung... could be a dodgy disk. I went back to the Other Tasks menu in Macrium to make another and saw an option to add Macrium boot to the boot menu in the list, which I did, and this comes up now booting up... Windows will boot automatically after 10 seconds without user input:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Macrium Boot Menu Item.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	63096

    I haven't done a restore yet but it all looks normal when it's running. I think I will like this because I don't have to hunt for a disk when it all goes awry.

    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    08 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,361
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by stringjunky View Post
    Thanks brummyfan. Everything you posted worked up to the cd not running... it just hung... could be a dodgy disk. I went back to the Other Tasks menu in Macrium to make another and saw an option to add Macrium boot to the boot menu in the list, which I did, and this comes up now booting up... Windows will boot automatically after 10 seconds without user input:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Macrium Boot Menu Item.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	63096

    I haven't done a restore yet but it all looks normal when it's running. I think I will like this because I don't have to hunt for a disk when it all goes awry.

    Cheers
    You still need a boot disk or usb stick in case your hdd fails, or c drive gets badly corrupted.

    You can also reduce the count time to as low as one second (0 hides it altogether) in control panel, system, advanced system settings, startup and recovery (click settings button). I find 2 seconds is a comfortable setting i.e. long enough to react, but short enough not to be a pain.

    If you ever need to rebuild your boot sectors, you usually have to reinstate the boot menu option as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    08 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    You still need a boot disk or usb stick in case your hdd fails, or c drive gets badly corrupted.

    You can also reduce the count time to as low as one second (0 hides it altogether) in control panel, system, advanced system settings, startup and recovery (click settings button). I find 2 seconds is a comfortable setting i.e. long enough to react, but short enough not to be a pain.

    If you ever need to rebuild your boot sectors, you usually have to reinstate the boot menu option as well.
    Thanks for that. Have reduced the time and will try and make a disk later.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    08 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    England
    Posts : 964
    Windows IP 17046

    Quote Originally Posted by stringjunky View Post
    Thanks brummyfan. Everything you posted worked up to the cd not running... it just hung... could be a dodgy disk. I went back to the Other Tasks menu in Macrium to make another and saw an option to add Macrium boot to the boot menu in the list, which I did, and this comes up now booting up... Windows will boot automatically after 10 seconds without user input:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Macrium Boot Menu Item.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	63096

    I haven't done a restore yet but it all looks normal when it's running. I think I will like this because I don't have to hunt for a disk when it all goes awry.

    Cheers
    You are welcome and glad for you
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    08 Feb 2016 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 940
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro

    When Macrium Reflect v6 first came out, the boot disk was not compatible with some versions of Win10 -- I know because I tried to do a recovery using MR and ended up contacting their support department.

    Supposedly, with the upgrade to 6.1.1000, that has all been fixed -- and when I have booted from the USB I made of recent versions, it works fine in Win10.

    So, you should make bootable media of the current release (6.1.1023) and see if that works. It should.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved FYI: Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal/External USB HD/SSD
The Macrium Rescue environment is used to Backup/Restore/Fix Boot Problem and Copy personal data etc… There are 3 ways to boot into Macrium Rescue environment from: Bootable CD/DVD ----> Too slow. Might become unbootable if it's dirty...
Backup and Restore
Solved Macrium - Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal SSD
Hey Guys I was a poster on the SevenForums, but it appears that usernames and logins don't transfer from there? Anyhow ive registered a new account here to post my (hopefully simple) query: Ive just followed Brinks amazing Clean Install W10...
Backup and Restore
Solved Macrium reflect rescue usb problem
Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device...
Backup and Restore
Solved Backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive
Whether partitioning of pen drive is required to keep backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive?
Backup and Restore
Solved How to dual boot Windows 8/10 with Free Macrium Rescue.
With the paid version of Macrium. There is an option that allows you to create a dual boot environment with Macrium Recue disk. However, with the free version, this option is not available. The advantage to dual boot with Macrium Rescue disk are...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums