Windows 10: Giving up Acronis in favour of FREE AOMEI

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       26 Feb 2015 #21

    whs said: View Post
    They are unnecessary. Just use this command to make an image:

    wbadmin start backup -backupTarget:X: -include:C: -AllCritical -quiet
    You can also use the System Image Backup button in the bottom left of file history.

    Attachment 13330
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 10,138
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       26 Feb 2015 #22

    That is how I always did my back up images before. For some reason the last image I did of my 8.1 did not work. That's why I'm going with AOMEI now. The interface looks good, and it works great. For a free program it works like a paid one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 4,562
    Win 10 Pro x64
       26 Feb 2015 #23

    adamf said: View Post
    You can also use the System Image Backup button in the bottom left of file history.

    Attachment 13330
    Never use that on Win 10. That is very unreliable.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    26 Feb 2015 #24

    Dude said: View Post
    That is how I always did my back up images before. For some reason the last image I did of my 8.1 did not work. That's why I'm going with AOMEI now. The interface looks good, and it works great. For a free program it works like a paid one.
    Right, that's the problem with Windows imaging - you never know whether the recovery will work. At one time we had so many cases of broken Windows imaging that I wrote a tutorial on how to recover from a broken Windows image. Those people were in a bad spot because they thought that they were covered with the images. They needed some help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       26 Feb 2015 #25

    badrobot said: View Post
    Never use that on Win 10. That is very unreliable.
    To be honest I haven't tried it on 10 but it was OK for me on 8. My VSS is bust at the moment so I can't make a restore point, recimg or backup at the moment. Just waiting for next build and then hopefully I can try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    26 Feb 2015 #26

    adamf said: View Post
    To be honest I haven't tried it on 10 but it was OK for me on 8. My VSS is bust at the moment so I can't make a restore point, recimg or backup at the moment. Just waiting for next build and then hopefully I can try.
    Check your VSS with these commands

    vssadmin list providers

    The Provider type should be system

    vssadmin list writers

    All modules should be stable
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       26 Feb 2015 #27

    whs said: View Post
    Check your VSS with these commands

    vssadmin list providers

    The Provider type should be system

    vssadmin list writers

    All modules should be stable
    Thanks - they are all OK. I've just messed up permissions for the mslldp.sys driver by incorrectly following this guide to fix VSS CAPI2 error https://social.technet.microsoft.com...w8itprogeneral - there was no problem before. I'm not authorized to reset permissions but I'll do a clean install soon anyway.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    26 Feb 2015 #28

    I downloaded the Beta version as mentioned above, I have tried to create a USB Bootable PE media but the program locks up at 10%, nothing happens!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 10,138
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       27 Feb 2015 #29

    Try the stable version. Version 2.2
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 713
    Windows 10 Build 14267
       27 Feb 2015 #30

    Humm ! I'll give it a try...

      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
Free - AOMEI Backupper Pro 2.5 in Software and Apps
AOMEI Backupper Pro 2.5 is free today. Key features: System, disk, partition, files and folders backup and restore; Restore a system backup image to dissimilar hardware; Support full, incremental, differential, and automatic backups; ...
Hi there Any of you using WINPE version of the AOMEI Free backup (create directly from W10) and you find you are missing drivers for example Wireless. I created my boot USB on a W10 desktop with no Wireless card. Anyway here's how to do it. I...
Solved In defence of Acronis ATH 2015 in Backup and Restore
Hi there I've long complained that the Interface on Acronis is just getting crazier and crazier. They reached the peak level of complexity with ATH 2014. I'm please to see that with ATH 2015 the interface has been totally re-written and has gone...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25.
Find Us