Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    25 Dec 2015 #1
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10

    Backup/Recovery Program?


    I am in of a "Free Back/Recovery Program" that is so EASY as pie to understand. I want to backup my pc and also be able to restore and all of this has to be easy for me to run it. I will be backing up onto my external harddrive.
    I have tried Acronis True Image and to hard to recover back my partitions and etc...

    Many thanks & God Bless
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 Dec 2015 #2
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,484
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by artic View Post
    I am in of a "Free Back/Recovery Program" that is so EASY as pie to understand. I want to backup my pc and also be able to restore and all of this has to be easy for me to run it. I will be backing up onto my external harddrive.
    I have tried Acronis True Image and to hard to recover back my partitions and etc...

    Many thanks & God Bless
    Hello artic, welcome to tenforums.com!

    Windows own backup utilities work fine, I have just recently tested them all in Build 10586.36

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000015.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	55283

    Other members swear by the likes of Macrium and others. Perhaps one of them will chime in with a review or two.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    25 Dec 2015 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2,114
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    Macrium Reflect Free is very good and goes well beyond what MS Backup can do IMHO.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    25 Dec 2015 #4
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Hello artic, welcome to tenforums.com!

    Windows own backup utilities work fine, I have just recently tested them all in Build 10586.36

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000015.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	55283

    Other members swear by the likes of Macrium and others. Perhaps one of them will chime in with a review or two.
    Many thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    25 Dec 2015 #5
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Hi,

    Macrium Reflect Free is very good and goes well beyond what MS Backup can do IMHO.

    Cheers,

    Many Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Dec 2015 #6
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 12
    win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Hi,

    Macrium Reflect Free is very good and goes well beyond what MS Backup can do IMHO.

    Cheers,
    I just created a backup on Macrium. I recommend. enjoy
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    25 Dec 2015 #7
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,813
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by lignja8 View Post
    I just created a backup on Macrium. I recommend. enjoy
    You need to restore it to prove it works for you though...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    25 Dec 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 2,196
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64

    Here's a short Video clip on how to backup Windows using Macrium Reflect Free

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    25 Dec 2015 #9
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    25 Dec 2015 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,073
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    You need to restore it to prove it works for you though...
    Not really thou I've never had one Macrium image backup ever fail. BUT after you make your backup, you can then have Macrium Reflect VERIFY the image backup you just made, if it passes, its just fine and will work.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Backup @ Recovery question
I just upgraded W7 to W10 on my old laptop. Now I want to create a backup in case my HDD fails. 1. Create Recovery Drive (windows utility) using USB drive. 2. Run Backup and Restore (windows utility) using external HDD. One think I noticed...
Backup and Restore
Windows 10 - Backup/Restore/Recovery
Windows 10 - Backup/Restore/Recovery (Computer Dummy) I would like to enquire how to go about creating a system restore/backup/recovery for installed Windows 10. Two of my computers (Lenovo and 2x Medion) have a factory installed Windows 8...
Backup and Restore
Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10
Just for info for those that have a Dell with all the Dell software still installed The Backup & Recovery software has been updated and it has updated the recovery partitions for Windows 10 I have no blank media at the moment to test, but you...
Backup and Restore
Dell Backup and Recovery Error
Hi, I installed the latest Dell Backup and Recovery 1.9.0.22 on my Windows 10 pro Dell 7720. But I get the below error while initializing ...
Backup and Restore
dell backup and recovery
My wife is thinking about upgrading to windows 10 BUT she gets this message to please be sure to update to the latest version of Dell back up and recovery before upgrading to windows 10..My question is how does she know if she even has this program...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums