1.    26 Sep 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10

    Macrium Reflect does not find image file


    Been trying M. Reflect free edition on a Dell Studio XPS 8000. I did as usual and created a boot rescue CD with the PE file with no problem. Then I continued to make an image of my boot disk C and save it on my hard drive D.
    Went to D and the image is there.
    Next I booted with the restore disk without problems, but after choosing restore, I can't find the image that was created on the D hard drive. I noticed that the naming of the drives also has changed and as such I looked everywhere but I can't find the image and as such I can't restore.
    Please advise.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    26 Sep 2015 #2
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 102
    W7

    Hi! Not sure what your problem is?? Here's a link! See if this helps! I have been using Macrium for many years.
    If I can help you further, I would give it my best shot!
    http://www.macrium.com/help/v5/How_t...nvironment.htm
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    27 Sep 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,288
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by ameneses54 View Post
    Been trying M. Reflect free edition on a Dell Studio XPS 8000. I did as usual and created a boot rescue CD with the PE file with no problem. Then I continued to make an image of my boot disk C and save it on my hard drive D.
    Went to D and the image is there.
    Next I booted with the restore disk without problems, but after choosing restore, I can't find the image that was created on the D hard drive. I noticed that the naming of the drives also has changed and as such I looked everywhere but I can't find the image and as such I can't restore.
    Please advise.
    1) Which version of Macrium Reflect are you using (AND built the Rescue CD with)? Latest is v6 (6.0.753)
    2) Is your "D" and internal drive or an external drive?
    3) If you haven't already, it's much easier to spot the drive you're looking for if you assign a name to the drive/volume. Example: right click on the D drive in File Explorer, select Properties, and enter a volume name at top of the General tab, something like "Macrium Data", perhaps. If the Rescue PE environment is using a different drive letter than D, having a name like that makes it easier to spot.

    It would be easier to help with the 1) & 2) above answered. Note that Donetao's link is for v5 - not that it's much different from v6.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    27 Sep 2015 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,078
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Have you tried "Browse for an image?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (101).png 
Views:	6 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	39664
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    27 Sep 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Word Man View Post
    1) Which version of Macrium Reflect are you using (AND built the Rescue CD with)? Latest is v6 (6.0.753)
    2) Is your "D" and internal drive or an external drive?
    3) If you haven't already, it's much easier to spot the drive you're looking for if you assign a name to the drive/volume. Example: right click on the D drive in File Explorer, select Properties, and enter a volume name at top of the General tab, something like "Macrium Data", perhaps. If the Rescue PE environment is using a different drive letter than D, having a name like that makes it easier to spot.

    It would be easier to help with the 1) & 2) above answered. Note that Donetao's link is for v5 - not that it's much different from v6.
    Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the latest free version (6) and my backup drive is an internal separate drive (D) Actually the D drive does have a name and I can't find it when trying a restore.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    27 Sep 2015 #6
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 102
    W7

    If you have the latest free version of Macrium. You can click on "Add recovery boot menu option" at the top. That's the way I get into Macrium . This is a new feature and I really like it. I don't have to look for the rescue CD any more! Works great!.
    http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/dis...flect+recovery
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    27 Sep 2015 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,288
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by ameneses54 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the latest free version (6) and my backup drive is an internal separate drive (D) Actually the D drive does have a name and I can't find it when trying a restore.
    Cliff S posted what should have been my 3rd question just before I got to editing my post - you've drilled into the "Browse for an Image" on the Restore tab?

    Also, it would be helpful if you could post a screen shot of what Windows Disk Management displays for your disks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
MACRIUM REFLECT - Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"
I have the Purchased Retail Version of MR6 and have made several successful (NO Failed Yet) of my ENTIRE WIN 10 Computer (Image) onto my USB Seagate 1.5TB External HD. In the Log I get this: Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" ...
Backup and Restore
Solved Macrium 6 used 15 DVD+R's to Image 83.01 GB in WIN 10 Pro
Macrium Reflect Home 6 used 15 Verbatim DVD+R's and took OVER 2 Hours to Image my WIN 10 Pro (83.01 GB) on my new Dell Desktop XPS-8700. Is this Normal ??
Backup and Restore
Solved macrium reflect v6 home edition worth the price vs free
Macrium Reflect for Home Use I was looking at this home edition but, wanted to get some opinions vs the free edition as I plan to upgrade motherboards later on and would like to use the saved image I have the free v6 now. Thanks! :)
Backup and Restore
Booting Macrium usb image
We are discussing how to boot from a usb image made with Macrium Reflect in this thread: http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39538-cannot-boot-flash-drive.html I just thought I would mention it here. It contains good info about...
Backup and Restore
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:44.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums