Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 16
    Windows 10
       #1

    Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button


    Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing
    Next, Finish buttons. This situation presents itself when I'm trying to do a restore of an image and booting from a USB restore media, as a result, I'm stuck. This did not happen with version 7, only with the recent version 8. Actually, I'm forced to use a rescue media created with version 7 which to restore Windows imaged with version 8. Please advise!
      My Computer

  2. idgat's Avatar
    Posts : 1,011
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    Check your resolution settings
    Settings > System > Display > Scale and layout

    Check Change the size of text, apps and other items > selected option should indicate "(Recommended)"

    Check Display resolution > selected option should indicate "(Recommended)"
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 16
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Thanks for your reply, but changing settings will not work after you boot with a rescue disk.
      My Computer

  4. Hazel123's Avatar
    Posts : 299
    Windows 10
       #4

    I just had this problem with the latest free version. I found I could get to the bottom of the page by doing full screen (F11) AND dropping the bottom bar (right click on bottom bar - taskbar settings - turn on the second option "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode". Just fits on then.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 16
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Hazel123 said:
    I just had this problem with the latest free version. I found I could get to the bottom of the page by doing full screen (F11) AND dropping the bottom bar (right click on bottom bar - taskbar settings - turn on the second option "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode". Just fits on then.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply, but your advice has to be applied "before" booting from the rescue disk. Once booted F11 etc is not available as you're not in the windows environment.
      My Computer

  6. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 20,122
    10 Home x64 (21H1) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #6

    I don't have a solution, but I can show a screenshot to explain what @ameneses54 is seeing. I have a little netbook with a low resolution screen and see the same problem when booting the v8 rescue usb. The Window is too large to fit the screen and cannot be resized or moved to make the bottom of the window visible.

    Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button-reflect-v8-rescue-too-big-screen.png

    This is what's missing off the bottom of that screen, and there's no way I can find to make it visible.

    Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button-image.png

    ameneses54 said:
    ...This did not happen with version 7, only with the recent version 8. Actually, I'm forced to use a rescue media created with version 7 which to restore Windows imaged with version 8....

    That is actually not a bad workaround for now. There are no changes to the format of the .mrimg files for v8, so v7 is perfectly capable of restoring an image made by v8.
      My Computers

  7. Hazel123's Avatar
    Posts : 299
    Windows 10
       #7

    You do appear to have a bottom bar on there - hiding that might do the trick.
      My Computer

  8. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 20,122
    10 Home x64 (21H1) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #8

    Hazel123 said:
    You do appear to have a bottom bar on there - hiding that might do the trick.
    We are talking about booting to the WinPE environment here. In WinPE that bar is fixed and cannot be hidden.
      My Computers

  9. Ghot's Avatar
    Posts : 11,488
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19043.1151 (x64) [21H1]
       #9

    ameneses54 said:
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply, but your advice has to be applied "before" booting from the rescue disk. Once booted F11 etc is not available as you're not in the windows environment.


    Most monitors have OSD controls (on screen display)

    I just checked mine and they don't have resolution, but they do have things like...

    fill, 16:9, 4:3, aspect, 1:1, etc.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 16
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Ghot said:
    Most monitors have OSD controls (on screen display)

    I just checked mine and they don't have resolution, but they do have things like...

    fill, 16:9, 4:3, aspect, 1:1, etc.
    Thanks for your replies. The only solution for the meantime is using version 7 rescue media which fortunately I did not discard. I hope somebody can get in touch with Macrium for a solution.

    Arturo

    - - - Updated - - -

    ameneses54 said:
    Thanks for your replies. The only solution for the meantime is using version 7 rescue media which fortunately I did not discard. I hope somebody can get in touch with Macrium for a solution.
    Arturo
    Hi,
    Now everything is even worse my rescue media created with Macrium 8 does not even boot into the rescue media, it defaults to an administrator screen which reads:
    Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.
    X=:\windows\systen32>upe in it
    X=:NuindousNsystnn32 >_
    Any ideas?
    Arturo
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums