Macrium Reflect 8 Update Discussion

Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
  1. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 42,457
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #141

    Chrysalis said:
    I would like to see the logs turned off by default rather than completely removed, many software companies seem willing to offer bug support pre release to testers, then when a product goes live this stuff gets removed and with it removed it can be hard to nail down what a problem may be.

    As a end user I would love for access to the area where can report bugs, and read updates etc. instead of having to pass triage on support forums.
    Would be nice but as with the MS Feedback Hub the issues get lost in the noise.
      My Computer

  2. FroggyTheGremli's Avatar
    Posts : 34
    WIndows 10
       #142

    f14tomcat said:
    How does the Dark Theme look? I have eye issues and am very much looking forward to it. Already bought a 4-pack of V7 to use instead of upgrading existing v7s.
    @f14tomcat, Check out their v8 Knowledge Base... there are some screen examples in there.
      My Computer

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 55,107
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #143

    FroggyTheGremli said:
    @f14tomcat, Check out their v8 Knowledge Base... there are some screen examples in there.
    Thank you. It does look good. They've cleaned up some clutter and the icons blend better with the background.

    If I can, a comparison V7 and V8 (Dark):

    Macrium Reflect 8 Update Discussion-2021-02-23_16h20_37.pngMacrium Reflect 8 Update Discussion-image2020-12-14_19-20-4.png

    Thanks, again.
      My Computers

  4. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,676
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #144

    f14tomcat said:
    Thank you. It does look good. They've cleaned up some clutter and the icons blend better with the background.

    If I can, a comparison V7 and V8 (Dark):

    Macrium Reflect 8 Update Discussion-2021-02-23_16h20_37.pngMacrium Reflect 8 Update Discussion-image2020-12-14_19-20-4.png

    Thanks, again.
    What I would like to see is a lot less "solid" black and more shades of gray. When I create tutorials, and print them, the solid black takes a lot more ink than even a dark gray.
      My Computer

  5. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 14,182
    19041.1237 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #145

    Wynona said:
    What I would like to see is a lot less "solid" black and more shades of gray. When I create tutorials, and print them, the solid black takes a lot more ink than even a dark gray.
    Do you not have the option to switch to the light/white GUI, then print and save even more ink?
      My Computer

  6. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,676
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #146

    steve108 said:
    Do you not have the option to switch to the light/white GUI, then print and save even more ink?
    When printing Macrium in the light/white GUI, Steve, it's so pale it's hard to read! The other problem with aging eyes is that we need more contrast. Instead of a pale gray font on white, it would be nice to have a nice black font like we used to have. Also, the Macrium Blue is really, really hard to read.
      My Computer


  7. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 14,182
    19041.1237 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #147

    Wynona said:
    When printing Macrium in the light/white GUI, Steve, it's so pale it's hard to read! The other problem with aging eyes is that we need more contrast. Instead of a pale gray font on white, it would be nice to have a nice black font like we used to have. Also, the Macrium Blue is really, really hard to read.
    My aging eyes prefer a solid black background and the primary use of the GUI is to be viewed on a screen, so changing the background from black to gray would be bad for my eyes. Maybe they can allow some level of customization of the background color and text color like I've seen done in other apps to make everyone happy
      My Computer

  8. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,676
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #148

    steve108 said:
    My aging eyes prefer a solid black background and the primary use of the GUI is to be viewed on a screen, so changing the background from black to gray would be bad for my eyes. Maybe they can allow some level of customization of the background color and text color like I've seen done in other apps to make everyone happy
    That would be very nice of 'em! Microsoft Word (Microsoft 365) has something like that, but they're not completely there yet.

    And, BTW, my preference is a dark gray background with white for reading; much more restful for the eyes. If I'm going to print the document, there are variances of "toned down" white but Microsoft has mostly done away with the really black fonts in favor of pale gray.

    No matter what we try, there are always going to be font colors that don't agree with our background of choice! Dark bright blue on my gray background, for instance . . .
      My Computer

  9. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 14,182
    19041.1237 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #149

    Wynona,
    Have you tried light theme, then print in black and white for possible better readability and minimum toner usage?
      My Computer

  10. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,676
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #150

    steve108 said:
    Wynona,
    Have you tried light theme, then print in black and white for possible better readability and minimum toner usage?
    No, because I need my tutorials to have the app color scheme so they know where they are.

    We're getting off the subject at hand; Macrium 8; maybe we should take it to a new discussion.
      My Computer


 
Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums