Can't create System Image using the built-in image creator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 34,980
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #11

    No need to run that as if you can create Macrium images and restore points, you're fine.

    Remember it's useful to have both restore points and use disk imaging regularly- they are complementary, and different. Restore points are great- when they do succeed in completing a system restore.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 90
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    Thread Starter
       #12

    dalchina said:
    No need to run that as if you can create Macrium images and restore points, you're fine.
    Remember it's useful to have both restore points and use disk imaging regularly- they are complementary, and different. Restore points are great- when they do succeed in completing a system restore.

    Thanks and I'll be sure to create a disk imaging and a restore point regularly as like you said they are both are complementary to each other, but also different. Using Macrium images and restore points are better that using the built in system image tool and restore points or restore points alone.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 34,980
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #13
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 24,649
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #14

    cgrim1985 said:
    ...Using Macrium images and restore points are better that using the built in system image tool.....

    Almost anything is better than using the built in system imaging. It is possibly the most unreliable and temperamental such tool available. It's most common failing is that, for no apparent reason, it will fail to find an image that could be restored. And I speak as one who used to use it extensively....

    Google search "Windows cannot find a system image"

    It's no wonder that MS have deprecated it and say....

    Mi9crosoft said:
    System Image Backup (SIB) Solution
    We recommend that users use full-disk backup solutions from other vendors.
    Features removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 90
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    Thread Starter
       #15

    Bree said:
    It's no wonder that MS have deprecated it and say....
    Features removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
    Microsoft should just remove it completely if they have deprecated it, not sure why they haven't
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 56,064
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #16

    cgrim1985 said:
    Microsoft should just remove it completely if they have deprecated it, not sure why they haven't

    Still too many users relying on it. I'm sure they will in the future, with lengthy warning time periods. Most of the issue is there are still beaucoup Win 7 users out there that are slowly ramping up to Win 10. This is from Win 10 Backup settings. If they do the Win 10 and for some reason decide NO-WAY, then it's still there to restore back.

    Can't create System Image using the built-in image creator-2020-07-17_08h39_59.png
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:57.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums