Macrium Reflect vs Acronis

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
  1. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,072
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #121

    hdmi said:
    Again, you'll lose the option to specify file/folder exclusions. It matters because it matters to me and others like me who don't want to wait for it to churn its way through the whole primary partition a large part of the data on which is not required to be included in the image, but, if it doesn't matter to you, then there's no arguing against that. Whenever I create an image of my primary partition, the target folder in which the image file gets created is a folder that is located onto this same primary partition. That's yet another feature that Macrium lacks.
    I was just including that as a tidbit to what SoFine posted. Had nothing at all to do with your posts. Nothing.
      My Computers

  2. hdmi's Avatar
    Posts : 381
    10 Home (20H2)
       #122

    f14tomcat said:
    I was just including that as a tidbit to what SoFine posted. Had nothing at all to do with your posts. Nothing.
    Same here, just including that as a tidbit to get the point across that the choice of merely omitting a feature that many people find important is still something that requires zero engineering.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Superfly said:
    I'm an MCSD,
    After I graduated in IT almost 20 years ago, I became a Java Enterprise software developer because they earn more money than an MCSD.
      My Computers

  3. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
       #123

    hdmi said:
    Same here, just including that as a tidbit to get the point across that the choice of merely omitting a feature that many people find important is still something that requires zero engineering.

    - - - Updated - - -


    After I graduated in IT almost 20 years ago, I became a Java Enterprise software developer because they earn more money than an MCSD.
    Pffft Java? LOL! Swing away.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,386
       #124

    "Swing away!" Mr. Baseball, Tom Selleck.
      My Computer

  5. MisterEd's Avatar
    Posts : 491
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v20H2
       #125

    I am in the process of replacing my E: hard drive with an SSD.

    • HD: WDC Black (2TB) Internal SATA
    • SSD: Intel 660P (2TB) Internal M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter


    I am using ATI 2021 within Window 10 to clone the hard drive. The estimated time is about 7 hours. Is this normal? Would booting the standalone ATI Rescue Media been any faster? Would Macrium Reflect work about the same?
      My Computers

  6. SoFine409's Avatar
    Posts : 1,285
    Win10 Pro
       #126

    MisterEd said:
    I am in the process of replacing my E: hard drive with an SSD.

    • HD: WDC Black (2TB) Internal SATA
    • SSD: Intel 660P (2TB) Internal M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter


    I am using ATI 2021 within Window 10 to clone the hard drive. The estimated time is about 7 hours. Is this normal? Would booting the standalone ATI Rescue Media been any faster? Would Macrium Reflect work about the same?
    I never clone. I make an image and then restore it to the new drive. Much less prone to failures. But that aside, it sure seems like a long time.
      My Computers

  7. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,013
    Windows10
       #127

    I can clone 50 GB with Reflect in about 10 mins, so 300 in 1 hr, so 2 TB in around 7 hours as well.

    Of course, that assumes 2 TB drive is full up. So if HDD is 50% full, it would take around 3.5 hrs. Reflect does not clone unused space (unless you tell it to).

    However if drive is full, it makes no sense to replace a full 2 TB hdd with a 2 TB HDD.
      My Computer

  8. MisterEd's Avatar
    Posts : 491
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v20H2
       #128

    cereberus said:
    I can clone 50 GB with Reflect in about 10 mins, so 300 in 1 hr, so 2 TB in around 7 hours as well.

    Of course, that assumes 2 TB drive is full up. So if HDD is 50% full, it would take around 3.5 hrs. Reflect does not clone unused space (unless you tell it to).

    However if drive is full, it makes no sense to replace a full 2 TB hdd with a 2 TB HDD.
    The hard drive is about 75% full. When I am done I plan to only have two M.2 NVME SSDs in that computer.

    I have a 12TB external hard drive for backups. I have an external SATA/USB enclosure. I may put the 2TB hard drive in the enclosure and use that as a secondary backup for the computer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    aussiekendoll said:
    yesterday Acronis failed to restore the image , no matter what it constantly telling there is a problem restoring the image and the Acronis GUI is very buggy and slow, i am not gonna use it again. Ill continue using Macrium reflect.
    Build 39216 March 30, 2021
    ATI 2021 now starts up a lot faster. Also, the navigation in the menus is much faster.

    Now it takes 10-15 seconds to start the program. It seemed like it took over a minute with previous builds.

    If I switch between backups in the main menu it now takes about 1 second. Before it must have been at least 10 seconds.
      My Computers


 
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:13.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums