Recovering SSD with bad blocks?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

  1. Posts : 54
    Windows 10 64 Version 10.0.18363.628
    Thread Starter
       #31

    topgundcp said:
    then type:
    bcdboot C:\Windows /s Z: /f UEFI ====> put space in between options /s and /f
    Then what happens? Does it reboot itself or do I reboot it?
      My Computer

  2. topgundcp's Avatar
    Posts : 2,760
    MintMate19x64 Win10Prox64
       #32

    JeffFinnan said:
    Then what happens? Does it reboot itself or do I reboot it?
    Reboot
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 54
    Windows 10 64 Version 10.0.18363.628
    Thread Starter
       #33

    topgundcp said:
    Last try: Rebuild the BCD (boot config. data). Also restore all files that you made backup in config folder.
    Boot up KHYI's WinPE. Click on the menu and look for Disk Management, run it and identify the disk # of C drive.
    Open admin command and type:

    diskpart
    select disk # ====> where # is the disk of C drive
    list par ====> identify the EFI system partition
    select par # ====> where # is par # of EFI System
    assign letter=Z
    exit

    then type:
    bcdboot C:\Windows /s Z: /f UEFI ====> put space in between options /s and /f
    Recovering SSD with bad blocks?-diskpart.png

    It was Disk 0. As I did this, I would List Volume to watch things change. Went well until the bcdboot:
    Recovering SSD with bad blocks?-bcdboot.png

    Why drive C:? There is none now that I have changed C: to Z:.
      My Computer

  4. topgundcp's Avatar
    Posts : 2,760
    MintMate19x64 Win10Prox64
       #34

    The EFI partition (99 MB) is partition 2. You selected partititon 4 which is C: drive.

    diskpart
    select disk 0
    select par 4
    assign letter=C
    select par 2
    assign letter=Z
    exit

    then run bcdboot again.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 54
    Windows 10 64 Version 10.0.18363.628
    Thread Starter
       #35

    topgundcp said:
    The EFI partition (99 MB) is partition 2. You selected partititon 4 which is C: drive.

    diskpart
    select disk 0
    select par 4
    assign letter=C
    select par 2
    assign letter=Z
    exit

    then run bcdboot again.
    Yeah, I see I missed the EFI detail.

    Maybe some progress. I followed above. I also listed the volumes to check.
    Recovering SSD with bad blocks?-bcdboot2.png


    Then booted and got something different for a change.
    Recovering SSD with bad blocks?-2020-01-29-16.55.04.jpg

    While was looking at the screen, it boot by itself. I then got BSOD with stop code: Critical Process Died. It booted again and got the Recovery Screen again. I pressed F8 and got this screen.

    Recovering SSD with bad blocks?-2020-01-29-16.57.05.jpg

    I chose to not do anything until I got a consult here.
      My Computer

  6. topgundcp's Avatar
    Posts : 2,760
    MintMate19x64 Win10Prox64
       #36

    OK. Let's try this:
    download dism++ from: Dism++ | New Windows Utility
    Unzip and copy dism++64.exe if your windows is 64bit, else use dism++x86.exe. Copy to the root folder of KHYI's WinPESE.
    Boot up KYHI's, open file explorer and search for the dism++ executable, double click on dism++X64.exe or dism++X86.exe to run. You should get a screen as shown:
    Recovering SSD with bad blocks?-2020-01-29_152749.jpg

    The first block is WinPE X:, the second is your C: Windows, click on C: ->Open Session
    From the menu: Recovery, run those 3 commands: Scan Health, Restore Health, Bootmgr Repair
    Make sure everything ran successfully.
    Cross your finger then Reboot because I am running out of idea.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 54
    Windows 10 64 Version 10.0.18363.628
    Thread Starter
       #37

    topgundcp said:
    OK. Let's try this:
    download dism++ from: Dism++ | New Windows Utility
    Unzip and copy dism++64.exe if your windows is 64bit, else use dism++x86.exe. Copy to the root folder of KHYI's WinPESE.
    Boot up KYHI's, open file explorer and search for the dism++ executable, double click on dism++X64.exe or dism++X86.exe to run. You should get a screen as shown:
    Recovering SSD with bad blocks?-2020-01-29_152749.jpg

    The first block is WinPE X:, the second is your C: Windows, click on C: ->Open Session
    From the menu: Recovery, run those 3 commands: Scan Health, Restore Health, Bootmgr Repair
    Make sure everything ran successfully.
    Cross your finger then Reboot because I am running out of idea.
    Scan Health has a pop-up window saying The specified module could not be found. The same message window with Restore Health.

    - - - Updated - - -

    topgundcp said:
    OK. Let's try this:
    download dism++ from: Dism++ | New Windows Utility
    Unzip and copy dism++64.exe if your windows is 64bit, else use dism++x86.exe. Copy to the root folder of KHYI's WinPESE.
    Boot up KYHI's, open file explorer and search for the dism++ executable, double click on dism++X64.exe or dism++X86.exe to run. You should get a screen as shown:
    Recovering SSD with bad blocks?-2020-01-29_152749.jpg

    The first block is WinPE X:, the second is your C: Windows, click on C: ->Open Session
    From the menu: Recovery, run those 3 commands: Scan Health, Restore Health, Bootmgr Repair
    Make sure everything ran successfully.
    Cross your finger then Reboot because I am running out of idea.
    I also tried the bootmgr repair. It said successful.

    I also tried F8
    Recovering SSD with bad blocks?-2020-01-29-16.55.04.jpg
    followed F5 to Safe Mode/Networking in
    Recovering SSD with bad blocks?-2020-01-29-16.57.05.jpg

    but that failed too. It just rebooted back to the Recovery Screen shown earlier.
    Last edited by JeffFinnan; 30 Jan 2020 at 09:12.
      My Computer

  8. Compumind's Avatar
    Posts : 2,715
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
       #38

    Hi.

    I would extract all your user data and perform a nice clean install on your new SSD at this point.
    Reload all applications, verified clean user data, etc., and be done.

    FWIW.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 54
    Windows 10 64 Version 10.0.18363.628
    Thread Starter
       #39

    Compumind said:
    Hi.

    I would extract all your user data and perform a nice clean install on your new SSD at this point.
    Reload all applications, verified clean user data, etc., and be done.

    FWIW.
    Funny, I already started a couple of hours ago. I got a few things installed already. I do have a bunch of stuff saved at BackBlaze. I am waiting for the download to be prepared there.

    Thanks,
    Jeff
      My Computer


 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:23.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums