New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]


  1. Posts : 443
    Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 19042.1348 (20H2)
       #511

    Wynona said:
    @kitpzyxmsir - Now, if someone will explain how to make WinPE work on your machine, we'll be in business.
    simrick said:
    Thanks Wynona, that helps.

    Maybe now if kitpzyxmsir switches back to PE from RE it will work?

    Fabler2 said:
    Interesting read here 7.2 choices: WinPE or WinRE?
    Hi guys,

    For numerous reasons I was rewarded from my OP here. I had already created WinPE recovery media from previous Macrium versions, and they worked fine for my purposes, but as you know, in Macrium 4601, I was thwarted from creating a WinPe, as I had always done before. Thanks to Winona, all was remedied.

    I have a personal computer, so a lot of this WinPe vs WinRE stuff doesn't necessarily or immediately apply to me, but learning about these things gives me a greater understanding and opens up ideas about what might benefit me to implement.

    But I would like to add a heads up for those, like me, are less knowledgeable.

    I just launched Macrium, and I was notified to something like there was a 4601 update to the boot media or some drivers needed to be added. When that was completed, I rebuilt my "Windows Boot Menu", which completed normally.

    Then, to my surprise, I then noticed, under my "Rescue Media Settings", it was still listed WinPE, which I had previous changed to WinRE, as per instructions.

    So, firstly, I come to learn that somehow it is now actually possible to create WinPE media (but not the preference that suits me best), where it was not before. I will assume it has something to do with my prior switch to WinRE and the updating that ensued.

    That said, I went back to the advanced setting and switched back to WinRE, But when I thought I was all set to newly build the WinRE boot menu, it was still listed as WinPE.

    Turns out there's another little road bump of sorts. Even after changing your preference to WinRE in the advanced options, and returning to the main Rescur Media Builder interface, you must look below, and change the selection from WinPE to WinRE

    Attachment 264569

    If not, you're going to unwittingly Create WinPE media, which is what happened to me.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #512

    kitpzyxmsir said:
    Hi guys,

    For numerous reasons I was rewarded from my OP here. I had already created WinPE recovery media from previous Macrium versions, and they worked fine for my purposes, but as you know, in Macrium 4601, I was thwarted from creating a WinPe, as I had always done before. Thanks to Winona, all was remedied.

    I have a personal computer, so a lot of this WinPe vs WinRE stuff doesn't necessarily or immediately apply to me, but learning about these things gives me a greater understanding and opens up ideas about what might benefit me to implement.

    But I would like to add a heads up for those, like me, are less knowledgeable.

    I just launched Macrium, and I was notified to something like there was a 4601 update to the boot media or some drivers needed to be added. When that was completed, I rebuilt my "Windows Boot Menu", which completed normally.

    Then, to my surprise, I then noticed, under my "Rescue Media Settings", it was still listed WinPE, which I had previous changed to WinRE, as per instructions.

    So, firstly, I come to learn that somehow it is now actually possible to create WinPE media (but not the preference that suits me best), where it was not before. I will assume it has something to do with my prior switch to WinRE and the updating that ensued.

    That said, I went back to the advanced setting and switched back to WinRE, But when I thought I was all set to newly build the WinRE boot menu, it was still listed as WinPE.

    Turns out there's another little road bump of sorts. Even after changing your preference to WinRE in the advanced options, and returning to the main Rescur Media Builder interface, you must look below, and change the selection from WinPE to WinRE

    Attachment 264569

    If not, you're going to unwittingly Create WinPE media, which is what happened to me.
    Wow! I don't understand why I didn't have to do that . . . or, could it be I might have and forgot?

    Edit: Could you give us a screen shot of this? I don't seem to have it.

    you must look below, and change the selection from WinPE to WinRE
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #513

    kitpzyxmsir said:
    Hi guys,
    [snip]...
    Turns out there's another little road bump of sorts. Even after changing your preference to WinRE in the advanced options, and returning to the main Rescur Media Builder interface, you must look below, and change the selection from WinPE to WinRE

    Attachment 264569

    If not, you're going to unwittingly Create WinPE media, which is what happened to me.
    I noticed this on a system just the other day, and then on another one a couple days later. Yes, it does get confusing!
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #514

    simrick said:
    I noticed this on a system just the other day, and then on another one a couple days later. Yes, it does get confusing!
    Oh! That was the screenie! Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

    So, Simrick, is it a hit and miss thing?

    Edit: Found it! I had to click on "Show More" and there it is. However, mine is automatically at "Add boot menu - Windows RE 10 Build 19551 (64 bit)"

    First time I'd noticed "Show More"!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #515

    Wynona said:
    Oh! That was the screenie! Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

    So, Simrick, is it a hit and miss thing?

    Edit: Found it! I had to click on "Show More" and there it is. However, mine is automatically at "Add boot menu - Windows RE 10 Build 19551 (64 bit)"

    First time I'd noticed "Show More"!
    Nope, I think it shows when you have both PE and RE available, so you can chose what to put in your boot menu.
    Glad you found it.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 469
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 x64
       #516

    Wynona said:
    Wow! I don't understand why I didn't have to do that . . . or, could it be I might have and forgot?
    May be because you did what I did by installing only Macrium Reflect and when creating an image, we both chose to create Windows RE automatically as it is already present in Windows 10?
    I only installed 100MB+ Macrium Installation files.
    New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]-screenshot-114-.png
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 3,874
    Windows 10 preview 64-bit Home
       #517

    The boot menu option shows without clicking on 'show more'.

    New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]-screenshot_4.png

    Tried out PE and it always defaulted to PE after the download. So always had to change to RE if wanted. Had to uninstall/reinstall to get it to default back to RE. Too forgetful to always change to RE which I prefer.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #518

    RK1997 said:
    May be because you did what I did by installing only Macrium Reflect and when creating an image, we both chose to create Windows RE automatically as it is already present in Windows 10?
    I only installed 100MB+ Macrium Installation files.
    New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]-screenshot-114-.png
    First, there's only one way to install Macrium Reflect; it's all or none. As far as I know, there is no way to partially install Macrium Reflect.

    Second, the discussion is on Rescue Media, not creating an image.

    Third, unfortunately, for whatever reason, Macrium Reflect shows Win PE on some systems. It did for me until someone explained how to get to Win RE, it was on mine too.

    Fourth, I cannot explain why I didn't have the problem of it being reverted to Win PE as kitpzyxmsir did.

    See my reply to Fabler2 for more information.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 469
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 x64
       #519

    Wynona said:
    First, there's only one way to install Macrium Reflect; it's all or none. As far as I know, there is no way to partially install Macrium Reflect.
    I chose this (highlighted in the picture) while installing it.
    New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]-screenshot-117-.png
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #520

    Fabler2 said:
    The boot menu option shows without clicking on 'show more'.

    New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]-screenshot_4.png

    Tried out PE and it always defaulted to PE after the download. So always had to change to RE if wanted. Had to uninstall/reinstall to get it to default back to RE. Too forgetful to always change to RE which I prefer.
    I never saw the Boot Menu on the opening screen of Create Bootable Rescue Media. However, once I clicked, and Rescue Media Settings came up, the boot menu option was gone.

    When going back to search thoroughly for the Boot Menu, I happened to see "Show more" and clicked. I swear, I saw the Boot Menu options, but now when I click, I don't see anything like that.

    It may be that I've done the Rescue Media too many times, but here's the first screen I see this morning:

    New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]-rescue-media.png

    And now, here's what I see right now:

    New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]-rescue-media-2.png

    Even when I try Show More, I can't get what you get.

    This is getting stranger and stranger.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums