New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]


  1. Posts : 237
    windows 10 Build 20215
       #261

    I got a note in notifications to apply the patch.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 272
    Win 10 pro 64 bit Vs. 20H2 Build 19042.630
       #262

    Bad tinkering to my only backup program on Haloween 10 31 2019! Worst scare ever. Bravo
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 56,062
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #263

    Slippery said:
    Bad tinkering to my only backup program on Haloween 10 31 2019! Worst scare ever. Bravo
    If you also use a thumb drive/dvd as a Rescue Media, make 2 copies. The Rescue Media (current and prior versions, within reason), can be used to do a backup and/or restore if the installed app gets corrupted. Make the second copy of the Rescue Media only after you have tested the first, then test the second, also. The Boot Menu option can also be used as above, only if the drive has not been corrupted. When possible, it's best to have both. There is nothing more sacred than a good backup.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 272
    Win 10 pro 64 bit Vs. 20H2 Build 19042.630
       #264

    Thanks @f14tomcat, I do use thumb drives. 2 USB3 and 1 USB2 for backup and USB3 thumb drives for rescue media. I kept my last CD also. I have some writeable DVD's left, I will make one of those as well. If all that fails as has my old EVGA X58 MB, I have shopped for some sort of laptop. That is my future machine as I grow tired of gaming except solitaire. LOL
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 7,088
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #265

    Slippery said:
    Thanks @f14tomcat, I do use thumb drives. 2 USB3 and 1 USB2 for backup and USB3 thumb drives for rescue media. I kept my last CD also. I have some writeable DVD's left, I will make one of those as well. If all that fails as has my old EVGA X58 MB, I have shopped for some sort of laptop. That is my future machine as I grow tired of gaming except solitaire. LOL
    I have a separate USB recovery drive for each of my 3 PCs. Do I really need to do this or is there way of having one common USB recovery drive for the various hardware configurations?
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 272
    Win 10 pro 64 bit Vs. 20H2 Build 19042.630
       #266

    Trim that into a search @Steve C. I have read part of a thread about building one to do just that in here not too long ago. Not needing it, I have forgotten who or where. I have to lay me down to sleep or I would have taken a shot at it for you. Yawnnnnnnnn
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 56,062
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #267

    Steve C said:
    I have a separate USB recovery drive for each of my 3 PCs. Do I really need to do this or is there way of having one common USB recovery drive for the various hardware configurations?
    That kinda depends on the hardware, and it's drivers, particularly the I/O controllers (SSD/HDD). This may work, taking the option when creating to check for missing drivers on boot. If anyone would know, it would be @Kari.

    New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]-2019-11-01_05h53_05.png
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 17,638
    Windows 10 Pro
       #268

    Steve C said:
    I have a separate USB recovery drive for each of my 3 PCs. Do I really need to do this or is there way of having one common USB recovery drive for the various hardware configurations?
    When creating USB rescue media, regardless if WinRE or WinPE based, the most important thing is to check that RE / PE contains necessary drivers.

    Screenshot taken from Macrium Reflect v7 Knowledgebase shows an example about a missing USB Host Controller driver:

    New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]-image2015-3-5-22_19_36.png

    That driver should be manually added to rescue media, instructions on this page, scroll down a bit and click link Example of adding a device driver.

    If no such warnings were shown on any of your three computers, you are good to go, your RE / PE rescue media containing necessary drivers for all machines. You can just create one USB rescue media, and use it on all computers.

    Kari
    Last edited by Kari; 01 Nov 2019 at 07:52. Reason: Typos
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 7,088
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #269

    Kari said:
    When creating USB rescue media, regardless if WinRE or WinPE based, the most important thing is to check that RE / PE contains necessary drivers.

    Screenshot taken from Macrium Reflect v7 Knowledgebase shows an example about a missing USB Host Controller driver:

    New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]-image2015-3-5-22_19_36.png

    That driver should be manually added to rescue media, instructions on this page, scroll down a bit and click link Example of adding a device driver.

    If no such warnings were shown on any of your three computers, you are could to go, your RE / PE rescue media containing necessary drivers for all machines. You can just create one USB rescue media, and use it on all computers.

    Kari
    Thanks - I'll experiment with that. Sadly I can't give you 2 reps the same day!

    I just noticed after upgrading my desktop PC that Reflect shows the Free licence. I reinserted my licence key and I'm now back to the full version. I don't know how that happened.

    My Free Edition updated to v7.2.4524 but now I've reinstalled the full Home edition I'm on v7.2.4523!
    Last edited by Steve C; 01 Nov 2019 at 08:55.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 123,512
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.708
       #270

    Rescue Media Display Font is too small, its at 2560x1440 32 bit, and gives me no other resolution's to choose from. This has just happened recently, as it was always been at 1920 x 1080 before. Any ideas on how to change the resolution back to a larger font...
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums