New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]

Page 11 of 249 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,261
    Windows 11 (22581.100)
       #101

    f14tomcat said:
    Have you tried the suggestion of using WinPE 10? As stated in the forum....... USB 3.0 driver issues in WinPE 3.1 (v7.2.4473)

    As a workaround, have you tried building Rescue Media using WinPE 10? You can do this by clicking Advanced, going to the Choose Base WIM tab, and choosing WinPE 10. It has USB 3.0 support already built in, and there's absolutely no requirement that your Rescue Media be built on the same kernel as your main Windows version.

    If this works for you, as an alternative until you get a better fix, you could boot from the rescue media built with WinPE 10 and do a backup and/or restore.
    Yes Tom, I have tried the workaround with no benefit and tried to disable CBT but unfortunately it was not available in free version.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 1,261
    Windows 11 (22581.100)
       #102

    magilla said:
    Been using HDD connected via USB3 port for years on 7 computers, none of which have caused problems and backups have been used to restore system as recently as over the last weekend. In fact 5 of computers use paid version but two use free version.
    Yes, it could be affecting certain motherboards, mainly it occurs in laptop motherboards I guess, most of the Desktop motherboards seem to be fine.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 1,020
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.572
       #103

    Since I just walked into this conversation, could you enlighten me on your "OS: Windows IP 19008.1" is it a insider version ?

    New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]-image.png
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 19,214
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #104

    storageman said:
    Since I just walked into this conversation, could you enlighten me on your "OS: Windows IP 19008.1" is it a insider version ?

    New Macrium Reflect Updates [2]-image.png
    Yes, it is, Fast/Skippy
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 27,484
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #105

    Did you try the USB override I mentioned?

    and the you deleted the driver folder in boot before creating media?


    I was unaware you needed to purchase to get on forum. I'm going to ask on forum, seems silly.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,261
    Windows 11 (22581.100)
       #106

    Caledon Ken said:
    Did you try the USB override I mentioned?

    and the you deleted the driver folder in boot before creating media?


    I was unaware you needed to purchase to get on forum. I'm going to ask on forum, seems silly.
    Thanks for trying to help me, yes I have tried your suggestion as well with no change, I am fine at the moment in one laptop which has USB 2.0 port which functions with external HDD, I am using an internal HDD for Macrium backups in the other laptop which has only USB 3.0 ports, I think I will wait for the next update in which they will fix the problem.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 27,484
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #107

    Okay. Still I'm waiting for their response. I find them very responsive. I had a lot of USB troubles on various machines.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,098
    Win 10 pro Upgraded from 8.1
       #108

    Interesting I'm backing up on 5 machines and all 5 are using USB 3.0 or 3.1 Gen 1 and one Gen 2, While I prefer eSATA for my external back up drives. I have been running USB 3.0 Back up drives on all 5. for about 3 years now. And the only issues I have experienced were in the beginning with USB 3.0 losing connection periodically on my 2 desktops and having to reconnect a drive I think since the industry has merged 3.0 and 3.1 that has solved the issue and I don't remember a disconnect in the last year or so. I have not tried a USB 3.0 Thumb drive for creating my recovery drives. So I can't comment on that part. While I am now confident in USB 3.0 3.1, I will continue using eSATA for as long as it is available. While there a bit more expensive I've never had one disconnect or the OS or MR lose track of them. Speeds are now about equal and they mostly come with eSATA and USB 3.0 I guess I'm just older and slower to change. Im like it ifs working great why change for something different thats only equal.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 27,484
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #109

    brummyfan said:
    Thanks for trying to help me, yes I have tried your suggestion as well with no change, I am fine at the moment in one laptop which has USB 2.0 port which functions with external HDD, I am using an internal HDD for Macrium backups in the other laptop which has only USB 3.0 ports, I think I will wait for the next update in which they will fix the problem.
    Indeed you need a license key.

    Stephen suggested posting a formal ticket as they are interested in problem. I asked if you can post a ticket without license.

    Worst comes to worse I'll post although would need machine make model and description.

    Lets see how they respond about raising formal ticket.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,261
    Windows 11 (22581.100)
       #110

    Caledon Ken said:
    Indeed you need a license key.

    Stephen suggested posting a formal ticket as they are interested in problem. I asked if you can post a ticket without license.

    Worst comes to worse I'll post although would need machine make model and description.

    Lets see how they respond about raising formal ticket.
    Thanks, my laptops are A515-51 with Insider Preview 19008.1, Predator G9-793 with 18362.448,.
    In A515-51, I could use USB 2.0 without any issues but USB3.0 port doesn't recognise the HDD which has my backups.
    In G9-793, I have no USB2.0 ports and none of the USB 3.0 Ports recognise the HDD, I have checked all USB 3.0 ports with USB sticks and no problem recognising them, so the Ports are not faulty.
    I must also tell you that Recovery media created with USB stick booting without any problem.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums