Macrium /Google drive Solved

  1. thomaseg1's Avatar
    Posts : 2,109
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1903
       #1

    Macrium /Google drive


    Back when I had some networking problems a purchased 200 gig of Google drive.
    I would use it to store programs ,graphics and other things so I could use them
    set up other computers.
    I was wondering How I could set up a macrium rescue disk so that it would
    Sign in to Google drive and use a Image stored there.
    I thought it would be easy but I'm missing something i can't put my finger on.
    Has anyone used used a cloud based storage this way and how did you set up
    Your rescue disk?

    thanks
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 713
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #2

    Have you tried to install Google drive on your computer and point Macrium to the folder.
    Download Google Drive
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. thomaseg1's Avatar
    Posts : 2,109
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1903
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Wouldn't work....well maybe I never tried to put the drive on another disk before. Google drive
    defaults to C (system drive) hhhmmm but kind of defeats the purpose of having cloud storage in the first place.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    #4

    With Google sync you can backup any folder or drive no problems
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. thomaseg1's Avatar
    Posts : 2,109
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1903
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Samuria said: View Post
    With Google sync you can backup any folder or drive no problems
    still defeating the purpose.

    1. unable to boot to windows (so can't engage Google sync)
    2.Macrium rescue disk reads from Cloud stored image to reinstall.


    Well That's the planned scenario.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #6

    I don't think Reflect (when started from a restore USB stick or CD) can read images stored in the cloud.
      My ComputerSystem Spec



  7. Posts : 713
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #7

    Sorry I misread your question and did not notice that you wanted to store the image in the cloud.

    I have not used the Macrium rescue disk in a long time but if it includes a browser you should be able to log on to Google and download the image and work from that.

    One other way you could do this is to create your own live USB with either Linux or Windows PE and install Macrium and Google drive on it, Then Download the image.
    Last edited by Digital Life; 27 Jun 2019 at 13:03.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. storageman's Avatar
    Posts : 734
    Windows 10 Pro 1903 18362.267
       #8

    thomaseg1 said: View Post
    still defeating the purpose.

    1. unable to boot to windows (so can't engage Google sync)
    2.Macrium rescue disk reads from Cloud stored image to reinstall.


    Well That's the planned scenario.
    I have been using my NAS system to hold backup images for all my systems. As long as the rescue media has the correct drivers (For WIFI support), I can restore everything I backup there. When you search for backup images, and you specify the NAS System, it asks me for the logon ID & Password. As long as those are correct, I have access to all of Images that I have backup there. This should work with Cloud storage. I don't have google but I do have ONEDRIVE and if I place an image out there, I can access it from my MR rescue disk.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. thomaseg1's Avatar
    Posts : 2,109
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1903
    Thread Starter
       #9

    storageman said: View Post
    I have been using my NAS system to hold backup images for all my systems. As long as the rescue media has the correct drivers (For WIFI support), I can restore everything I backup there. When you search for backup images, and you specify the NAS System, it asks me for the logon ID & Password. As long as those are correct, I have access to all of Images that I have backup there. This should work with Cloud storage. I don't have google but I do have ONEDRIVE and if I place an image out there, I can access it from my MR rescue disk.
    Just tried it , and it does work

    Thanks
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Source: Changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together See also: G Suite Updates Blog: Google Photos will stop syncing to Drive on July 10, 2019
Source: https://blog.google/technology/safety-security/update-project-strobe-new-policies-chrome-and-drive/
Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Launching new Google Drive / Microsoft Outlook integration, shutting down legacy plugin
Is there any reason for me to create a Windows recovery USB drive if I already have a Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive and a set of solid images? If anything goes wrong I can always restore an image, so Iím not sure what additional protections a...
I want to have Macrium Rescue and windows backup in one pendrive. If I create two partition in my pendrive, first for rescue and other for keeping backup, is it possible. Because windows only recognize the first primary partition of the pendrive. ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23.
Find Us