Macrium Reflect 7.2, Build 4228 Fails After Win 10 Update Today.

  1. gapi's Avatar
    Posts : 33
    Win 10 Pro 64x
       #1

    Macrium Reflect 7.2, Build 4228 Fails After Win 10 Update Today.


    First sign of trouble is my Reflect fails making the daily differential.
    And I see my Intel 82579 NIC is not showing and will not return, scanning for new hardware hangs device manager.

    I swap to my on board NIC OK.
    My differential error BU error = Backup aborted! - Unable to read from disk - Error Code 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

    I had to restore the previous day differential. It was a a pain. I had to boot up to it and it took a loooog time.

    Whats up with this update?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Macrium Reflect 7.2,  Build 4228 Fails After Win 10 Update Today.-image.png  
      My Computer

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,325
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #2

    gapi said:
    First sign of trouble is my Reflect fails making the daily differential.
    And I see my Intel 82579 NIC is not showing and will not return, scanning for new hardware hangs device manager.

    I swap to my on board NIC OK.
    My differential error BU error = Backup aborted! - Unable to read from disk - Error Code 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

    I had to restore the previous day differential. It was a a pain. I had to boot up to it and it took a loooog time.

    Whats up with this update?
    First glance.... looks like the drive letter got reassigned and your Macrium definition is looking for a drive to backup to that no longer is called what it was.

    Fix, for now: Edit your definition file to point to the correct drive letter. You havn't lost anything.
      My Computers

  3. gapi's Avatar
    Posts : 33
    Win 10 Pro 64x
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Thanks, You led me to it but not what you described. My destination drive was selected to be included in the BU. You got me to scroll down and see it.
      My Computer

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,325
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #4

    gapi said:
    Thanks, You led me to it but not what you described. My destination drive was selected to be included in the BU. You got me to scroll down and see it.
    Because the drive letters had been reassigned, and what was your destination drive letter was now assigned as input. Macrium goes by the letter( actually the SID), not the name, so it got confused by whatever happened in your update. But, all's well now.
      My Computers

  5. gapi's Avatar
    Posts : 33
    Win 10 Pro 64x
    Thread Starter
       #5

    The mystery unfolds, I hear you, but my destination drive letter did not change.
    I have it labeled 1TB WD Black (F:) and it is as it was before the update.

    So I have to be honest here.
    Its dawned on me to my fault. The day before the update I went in to clear out older Full Backups. I opened Reflect to select the drive to disable the guardian feature and clear the files which I did in explorer.
    I remember returning and re-enabling the guardian and may have not de-selected the drive.
      My Computer

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,325
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #6

    gapi said:
    The mystery unfolds, I hear you, but my destination drive letter did not change.
    I have it labeled 1TB WD Black (F:) and it is as it was before the update.

    So I have to be honest here.
    Its dawned on me to my fault. The day before the update I went in to clear out older Full Backups. I opened Reflect to select the drive to disable the guardian feature and clear the files which I did in explorer.
    I remember returning and re-enabling the guardian and may have not de-selected the drive.
    That is correct. Macrium itself would not change any letter assignments. What I am saying is Windows, somewhere somehow, re-assigned "F:" to another drive/partition, which was not the correct place for the backups. First step in a differential backup is to check the base full image for changes. If the base full image was no longer in what is now "F:", it will fail with error code 2. Can't find the file.
      My Computers


  7. gapi's Avatar
    Posts : 33
    Win 10 Pro 64x
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Now I Get Snap Shot Issue


    I hope you are still with me. I let Win10 update and get the following even on a new configured BU. Can you help?

    Macrium Reflect 7.2,  Build 4228 Fails After Win 10 Update Today.-reflect_snapshot_issue.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    Never Mind. I did a reboot. Thanks for your patience.

    This update is still not smooth. I keep loosing my NIC connections. No splats in DM. Scan for new Hardware does not apply. Unplug & replug fixes. Best driver already installed. Blah!
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums