Macrium repeatedly failing verification, out of ideas

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 15,392
    10 Home x64 (2004) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #11

    stealth2920 said:
    Strange I have had no issues with full backups or verification....
    Where do you keep your images? The OP said it only happens using their internal SSD drive...

    ...only on internal hard drives.I just put in a brand new 1tb evo plus...


    FWIW, I regularly make and verify a Full image to a seperate Data partition on the same internal HDD. That always works, as do all my external backups.
      My Computers

  2. stealth2920's Avatar
    Posts : 493
    Win 10 Pro 64 bit
       #12

    Bree said:
    Where do you keep your images? The OP said it only happens using their internal SSD drive...





    FWIW, I regularly make and verify a Full image to a seperate Data partition on the same internal HDD. That always works, as do all my external backups.
    On a 1TB internal SSD. A Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD
      My Computer

  3. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 22,758
    Win 10 Pro 19041.264
       #13

    Bree said:
    Where do you keep your images? The OP said it only happens using their internal SSD drive...





    FWIW, I regularly make and verify a Full image to a seperate Data partition on the same internal HDD. That always works, as do all my external backups.
    If your internal drive goes down then so do your backups. I use a eSATA port to an external Hard Drive for my imaging.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 663
    Windows 10 x64 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #14

    Bree said:
    Where do you keep your images? The OP said it only happens using their internal SSD drive...


    its FROM my internal SSD. not TO. I back it up to an internal standard HDD. a 4tb seagate archive. Tried another internal same issue.

    external is fine. ive done 3 to it now, passes every time. Its something with the specific model of drives, or the internal sata bus vs the usb bus or something. No idea but its maddening at this point.

    I get this Backup aborted! - 'E2CF3AF8EAA29519-00-00.mrimg' Verification failed at 7% (Block 114132 hash value is incorrect)
      My Computer

  5. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 22,758
    Win 10 Pro 19041.264
       #15

    klepp0906 said:
    [/FONT]

    its FROM my internal SSD. not TO. I back it up to an internal standard HDD. a 4tb seagate archive. Tried another internal same issue.

    external is fine. ive done 3 to it now, passes every time. Its something with the specific model of drives, or the internal sata bus vs the usb bus or something. No idea but its maddening at this point.

    I get this Backup aborted! - 'E2CF3AF8EAA29519-00-00.mrimg' Verification failed at 7% (Block 114132 hash value is incorrect)
    That is about the same error that I get at times.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 663
    Windows 10 x64 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #16

    Josey Wales said:
    That is about the same error that I get at times.
    you using a seagate archive drive by chance? Not that it matters i guess, as my internals all fail, theyre all the seagate archives. While the externals dont fail, yet theyre also seagate archives inside a shell :P

    Sooooo. its something with the sata controller vs the usb controller. Above my expertise unfortunately. Hoping someone comes along with some kinda idea before I lose whats left of my hair :P

    Obviously one could simply move their backups externally (even though id prefer not to) but that still leaves me wondering what is failing internally and where else it could affect me down the road. So i'd like to find and address the root cause.

    Imagine if its any of the newer editions of macrium. Hrm, to roll back like 5 versions to test.
      My Computer


  7. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 22,758
    Win 10 Pro 19041.264
       #17

    klepp0906 said:
    you using a seagate archive drive by chance? Not that it matters i guess, as my internals all fail, theyre all the seagate archives. While the externals dont fail, yet theyre also seagate archives inside a shell :P

    Sooooo. its something with the sata controller vs the usb controller. Above my expertise unfortunately. Hoping someone comes along with some kinda idea before I lose whats left of my hair :P
    No WD Black
      My Computer

  8. stealth2920's Avatar
    Posts : 493
    Win 10 Pro 64 bit
       #18

    Josey Wales said:
    If your internal drive goes down then so do your backups. I use a eSATA port to an external Hard Drive for my imaging.
    I do both internal and external backups. I only do external manually once a week where Macrium does auto backups every 3 days.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 663
    Windows 10 x64 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #19

    yea that points to it being something either macrium related, or internal bus related. How to suss that out and fix it hrmph...
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 663
    Windows 10 x64 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #20

    Josey Wales said:
    No WD Black
    what about other hardware? chip/mobo chipset? ram volume and number of dimms used?

    fwiw im on a z370 board w/ an 8700k and 4 dimms for a total of 32gb
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums