Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       #1

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working


    Hi, i have recently upgraded my ASUS F555LP to windows 10, but the update gave me problems, so i decided to restore the laptop to "out of the box" conditions.

    When i try to press f9 to restore it, it show me a recovery enviroment that is not of the asus but it seems of windows 10, like if the system doesn't recognize the recovery partition of asus anymore.
    I've tried some solutions but nothing happen.

    Here's some screens of my partitions and recovery enviroment state:
    Is there any solution? i don't know what i have to do
    Thanks in advance


    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.em1172.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.q10288.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.q11936.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.uh3128.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.q10656.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.uh7424.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.p11516.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.hp5692.png
      My Computer

  2. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,189
    Windows10
       #2

    ArminZero said:
    Hi, i have recently upgraded my ASUS F555LP to windows 10, but the update gave me problems, so i decided to restore the laptop to "out of the box" conditions.

    When i try to press f9 to restore it, it show me a recovery enviroment that is not of the asus but it seems of windows 10, like if the system doesn't recognize the recovery partition of asus anymore.
    I've tried some solutions but nothing happen.

    Here's some screens of my partitions and recovery enviroment state:
    Is there any solution? i don't know what i have to do
    Thanks in advance


    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.em1172.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.q10288.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.q11936.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.uh3128.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.q10656.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.uh7424.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.p11516.png

    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working-grabilla.hp5692.png
    Vendor recovery partitions rarely work after an upgrade. Reinstall fron scratch using a windows usb flash drive.
      My Computer

  3. Samuria's Avatar
    Posts : 6,284
    windows 10
       #3

    Welcome to the forum. As some of the post isn't in English I am struggling. Did it come with Windows 10? If it came with 10 you can download the latest version free boot from that and do a clean install. You should be able to boot into Asus recovery by setting that partition to active you need some way to boot from partition software so if it doesn't work you can then set the old partition back to active
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 9
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Samuria said:
    Welcome to the forum. As some of the post isn't in English I am struggling. Did it come with Windows 10? If it came with 10 you can download the latest version free boot from that and do a clean install. You should be able to boot into Asus recovery by setting that partition to active you need some way to boot from partition software so if it doesn't work you can then set the old partition back to active
    I'm sorry for bad english xD
    it come with windows 8.1, i want to factory reset for some problems, i have all the files of asus recovery partitions, i only need to know how can i run them. The asus recovery partition is "Restore (R:)".
    I've heard of "Asus Backtracker", it will be useful for me?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 9
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    cereberus said:
    Vendor recovery partitions rarely work after an upgrade. Reinstall fron scratch using a windows usb flash drive.
    Can i upload the recovery files of asus on a usb flash drive and boot it from there?
      My Computer

  6. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,189
    Windows10
       #6

    ArminZero said:
    Can i upload the recovery files of asus on a usb flash drive and boot it from there?
    I doubt it. Are you saying you want to reinstall 8.1?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 9
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    cereberus said:
    I doubt it. Are you saying you want to reinstall 8.1?
    yes, from the recovery partition, cause i have a lot of problems like loud fans, illumination key doesn't work and more things, i've tried everything to fix them but nothing changes, so i decided to reset my pc to factory conditions
      My Computer

  8. Samuria's Avatar
    Posts : 6,284
    windows 10
       #8

    Did you set the paritions as active and try booting. there is a tool to make a usb from the parition details should be on asus site
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 9
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Samuria said:
    Did you set the paritions as active and try booting. there is a tool to make a usb from the parition details should be on asus site
    The recovery partition is set as recovery, must i change the type of partition or what?
      My Computer

  10. Samuria's Avatar
    Posts : 6,284
    windows 10
       #10

    All you do is set it active and the current active one to none active you don't do anything else that will make it the boot drive and it should boot into recovery
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:44.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums