Adverts  


  1. Posts : 179
    Windows 10
       #1

    Adverts


    I am using the latest version of Windows 10 and I think that the antivirus is Windows Defender. I am not using AVG or any other antivirus.

    My problem at the moment is that I am bombarded by adverts constantly and it is driving me nuts! I have spotted that there are a number of free anti-advert programmes available but I am wondering if there is one that is particularly good for Windows 10 users and can be recommended.

    Many thanks.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,400
    Windows 11 Home
       #2

    If you are talking about ADs in Windows:

    Disable Advertising in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

    If you mean ADs within a browser, ablocker discussion is not allowed here.

    I do not block ADs and do not have any problems, so it is most like malware, cookies or cache.

    Try to clean caches/cookies with CCleaner and scan with Emsisoft Portable Malware Scan and Removal.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 633
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)
       #3

    Adverts


    Sorry! Didn't know it's prohibited here to talk about ad blockers. I see my post was deleted, I'm fine with that!

    Cheers
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 179
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Thank you for the replies folks. I didn't realise that I was encroaching the 'naughty' area, so my apologies.
    I have made use of your links TairikuOkami, many thanks for those.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 56,725
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #5

    M4v3r1ck said:
    Sorry! Didn't know it's prohibited here to talk about ad blockers. I see my post was deleted, I'm fine with that!

    Cheers
    Bluenose1940 said:
    Thank you for the replies folks. I didn't realise that I was encroaching the 'naughty' area, so my apologies.
    I have made use of your links TairikuOkami, many thanks for those.
    No lasting harm done.

    We've all stumbled on that one before. #12 Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 179
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    f14tomcat said:
    No lasting harm done.

    We've all stumbled on that one before. #12 Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums
    Yep I've read the rules now thank you. Apologies once more.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums