Windows 10: Bitlocker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 12,192
    W10Prox64
       19 May 2017 #11

    pparks1 said: View Post
    I thought bitlocker was not available on home edition.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    19 May 2017 #12

    It says in the booklet that came with the tablet that it is Windows 10 Home

    regards T
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    19 May 2017 #13

    pparks1 said: View Post
    I thought bitlocker was not available on home edition.
    Device Encryption is available on Home if the device has TPM 2 and InstantGo (Connected Standby). Tablets basically.

    Windows 10 System Requirements Specifications | Microsoft
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    19 May 2017 #14

    lx07 said: View Post
    Device Encryption is available on Home if the device has TPM 2 and InstantGo (Connected Standby). Tablets basically.

    Windows 10 System Requirements Specifications | Microsoft
    Indeed - hence my comment in Post 2

    Me said: View Post
    Although Bitlocker is normally not an option on 'Home' versions of Windows 10, tablets and similar devices will encrypt themselves on any version of Windows10 if the hardware meets certain criteria.
    It does remind me though - one of the criteria is that Secure Boot is turned on.

    @tuksumduin, is it possible that you switched off Secure Boot in the tablet's BIOS? I suspect this would cause the symptoms you're seeing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    20 May 2017 #15

    [QUOTE

    @tuksumduin, is it possible that you switched off Secure Boot in the tablet's BIOS? I suspect this would cause the symptoms you're seeing.[/QUOTE]

    I dont know what secure boot is or how to get into the bios as i said in my first post

    I am not techy minded a lot of this stuff goes over my head am getting a bit long in the tooth now

    have been e-mailing the maker of the tablet will let you know how things turn out

    Regards T
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    31 May 2017 #16

    tuksumduin said: View Post
    [QUOTE

    @tuksumduin, is it possible that you switched off Secure Boot in the tablet's BIOS? I suspect this would cause the symptoms you're seeing.
    I dont know what secure boot is or how to get into the bios as i said in my first post

    I am not techy minded a lot of this stuff goes over my head am getting a bit long in the tooth now

    have been e-mailing the maker of the tablet will let you know how things turn out

    Regards T[/QUOTE]


    Hi
    Got this sorted .... got in touch with a Linx Tech firm they went through all what has been advised here ( microsoft account etc)
    The person i was e-mailing sent me a USB stick took a bit of doing for my tablet did not do as what their instructions were
    But got their in the end and it re installed windows

    Now the question is How do i stop windows auto updating i dont want this to happen again ??

    Regards T
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    01 Jun 2017 #17

    tuksumduin said: View Post
    Hi
    Got this sorted .... got in touch with a Linx Tech firm they went through all what has been advised here ( microsoft account etc)
    The person i was e-mailing sent me a USB stick took a bit of doing for my tablet did not do as what their instructions were
    But got their in the end and it re installed windows

    Now the question is How do i stop windows auto updating i dont want this to happen again ??

    Regards T
    I'm glad you got it going - sounds like good support from the people at Linx.

    Rather then stop Windows auto-updating, I would focus on making sure you can recover if it ever had this situation again.
    First on my list would be to find out if it's encrypted itself again, and write down or print out the encryption recovery key which should (this time) be at https://onedrive.live.com/RecoveryKey.

    Then I would create a backup image with something like Macrium Reflect Free, making sure to also create the bootable rescue media.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    02 Jun 2017 #18

    DavidY said: View Post
    I'm glad you got it going - sounds like good support from the people at Linx.

    Rather then stop Windows auto-updating, I would focus on making sure you can recover if it ever had this situation again.
    First on my list would be to find out if it's encrypted itself again, and write down or print out the encryption recovery key which should (this time) be at https://onedrive.live.com/RecoveryKey.

    Then I would create a backup image with something like Macrium Reflect Free, making sure to also create the bootable rescue media.
    Hi DavidY
    Thanks for the reply as i have said before i am not techi minded and a bit long in the tooth for this stuff and looking at the link for Macrium Reflect Free.... to be honest its just gone over my head
    I dont keep a lot on the tablet and whats on i am not bothered about loosing it so i think i will stick with the USB that linx sent me

    I would like say a big thankyou to all that replide to this thread as it was greatly appreciated

    Regards T
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Solved Bitlocker without TPM help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Hi all, I've been having a bit of trouble trying to get Bitlocker working on my Dad's laptop. He recently bought a new laptop with Win 7 pro and I upgraded it to Win 10. It all went smoothly except now when I'm trying to get Bitlocker to encrypt...
Solved BitLocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
This may sound Odd or maybe I have a memory block, But what is Bit Locker ? Did it com with win.10 And what is it's function I was thinking of Bit Defender Antivirus.But I know thats not it .
No Bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
I am unsure if this is applicable here, however, it is about security. I want to encrypt a drive and thought I would use Windows Bitlocker, I can't locate it on windows 10. Is there a substitute for bitlocker on Windows 10? :cool:
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:57.
Find Us