Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,950
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       16 Jul 2015 #11

    Mystere said: View Post
    Notice the name.. .his was TaskmNgr, while yours is Taskmgr.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baseball-bat-smiley-emoticon.gif 
Views:	93 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	24697Beating myself on the head... Thanks for bring it to my attention, scanning a paragraph isn't reading it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 262
    windows 10 pro x64 stable build
       16 Jul 2015 #12

    Cliff S said: View Post
    It tells you how at the MD5 link you just posted:

    I recommend though that VirusTotal link to keep bookmarked in all your browsers. It can check site links too if you are not sure about them
    right, but I need to get the true hash value for the genuine ISO, in order to compare. where is that info available?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,950
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       16 Jul 2015 #13

    shmu26 said: View Post
    right, but I need to get the true hash value for the genuine ISO, in order to compare. where is that info available?
    I don't know, because, the original isn't an ISO, it came through Windows Update.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 262
    windows 10 pro x64 stable build
       16 Jul 2015 #14

    okay, so I restored the suspicious file, and then ran windows defender, and it removed it, too.

    this particular torrent -- Windows 10 Pro RTM 10240 x64 ISO - TankityTank -- is bundled with an activator, for people who need it for whatever reason. So I surmise that the suspicious file was added to the ISO to facilitate the activator.
    does that make sense to anyone?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 2,923
    Windows 10 Pro
       17 Jul 2015 #15

    shmu26 said: View Post
    I didn't get it. who had the name TaskmNgr?
    You did. Look at the title of this thread.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 262
    windows 10 pro x64 stable build
       17 Jul 2015 #16

    Mystere said: View Post
    You did. Look at the title of this thread.
    right, now I understand what that little misunderstanding was about.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       17 Jul 2015 #17

    shmu26 said: View Post
    okay, so I restored the suspicious file, and then ran windows defender, and it removed it, too.

    this particular torrent -- Windows 10 Pro RTM 10240 x64 ISO - TankityTank -- is bundled with an activator, for people who need it for whatever reason. So I surmise that the suspicious file was added to the ISO to facilitate the activator.
    does that make sense to anyone?
    To me it sounds like some malware or a virus that was added by whoever put that up. I would not use it at all. There are legitimate sources out there that have a clean ISO for download.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 16,465
    Windows 10
       17 Jul 2015 #18

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    To me it sounds like some malware or a virus that was added by whoever put that up. I would not use it at all. There are legitimate sources out there that have a clean ISO for download.
    That was my initial thought yesterday, downloading from non ms sources sounds dodgy to me (although there probably are genuine ones)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       17 Jul 2015 #19

    paulsalter said: View Post
    That was my initial thought yesterday, downloading from non ms sources sounds dodgy to me (although there probably are genuine ones)
    I found one.. Microsoft New... and I get my ISO's from them. Never had an issue to date,, but YMMV.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 262
    windows 10 pro x64 stable build
       17 Jul 2015 #20

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    To me it sounds like some malware or a virus that was added by whoever put that up. I would not use it at all. There are legitimate sources out there that have a clean ISO for download.
    I usually have good experience with the bay, but the particular author of this torrent is not a known figure. I took it because it downloaded faster than the known figure's torrent, which everyone else was using.
    okay, experience is a good teacher.
    I rolled back to build 10166 for the meantime.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:34.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums