Trojan, Trojan.Generic?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 26,993
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #21

    Vikdal said:
    I do have Administrator rights to open other things, but i just don't have higher rights than this program that stops me from running the AWCleaner. What file are you talking about, the html? i would not recommend opening it then

    The picture i get when trying to run AWCleaner is difficult to get, but it looks similar to this.
    https://gyazo.com/da0bdcaa06859ee53507d99d316b8619
    few posts back by you...

    Also, Do you want me to post the MBAR log files here? from both the first and 2nd time i ran it?
    dencal said:
    Have you tried running link on post #16.
    It does not install on your computer....its run from the cloud.
    Agree
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 250
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #22

    dencal said:
    Have you tried running link on post #16.
    It does not install on your computer....its run from the cloud.
    Running it Right now
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 250
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #23

    Here you go
    Trojan, Trojan.Generic? Attached Files
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 26,993
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #24

    Vikdal said:
    Here you go
    You have to reboot PC and scan again. You was hit by Adware.Elex malware. Scanning with HitmanPro should do the rest. Please report back,

    We'll have to check that Administrator rights problem again (preventing running Malwarebytes)
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 250
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #25

    Okay so Hitmanpro was done running it found 1 malware and 1 Trojan. What to do next? haha

    Pictures of what it found: https://gyazo.com/51db5a4bc560ff45d398bd4eb8dd806e and
    https://gyazo.com/9a4c1b95beb330df07f33cff22e351e7
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 26,993
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #26

    Vikdal said:
    Okay so Hitmanpro was done running it found 1 malware and 1 Trojan. What to do next? haha

    Pictures of what it found: https://gyazo.com/51db5a4bc560ff45d398bd4eb8dd806e and
    https://gyazo.com/9a4c1b95beb330df07f33cff22e351e7
    Still traces of multiple infections on your system.

    SystemHealer and Goobzo. For both of them ADWcleaner and Malwarebytes are reccomended, but you can't run them. HitmanPro will only remove them if you start 30 day trial. Removal guides for them are malwaretips.com/blogs/system-healer-removal and malwaretips.com/blogs/pup-optional-goobzo-removal
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 3,080
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       #27

    Can you open Windows Defender? if so do the following.
    In Settings click on Update Security, then Windows Defender, open Windows Defender Security Centre.
    Open Virus and threat Protection, then Advanced Scan....tick third one down.....Windows Defender Offline Scan....see attachment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trojan, Trojan.Generic?-offline-scan.jpg  
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 250
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #28

    dencal said:
    Can you open Windows Defender? if so do the following.
    In Settings click on Update Security, then Windows Defender, open Windows Defender Security Centre.
    Open Virus and threat Protection, then Advanced Scan....tick third one down.....Windows Defender Offline Scan....see attachment
    I'll do this if what AndreTan, in post 26 does not work. Thanks again.

    update; I'm doing this next now. as i was not able to get MalwareBytes on the PC
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #29

    A suggestion: Sophos Virus Removal Tool
    Overview of the Sophos Virus Removal Tool (SVRT) - Sophos Community

    Scroll down to find the download here:


    Trojan, Trojan.Generic?-image.png


    If that doesn't work, you guys may need to work from a FRST scan to manually ferret out the garbage, to at least get it to a point where ADWCleaner can be installed and run.

    Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download

    .
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 26,993
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #30

    Vikdal said:
    I'll do this if what AndreTan, in post 26 does not work. Thanks again.

    update; I'm doing this next now. as i was not able to get MalwareBytes on the PC
    @Vikdal if that windows defender offline scan doesn't enable Malwarebytes to run, please take simrik's advice and run farbar. Check "additional" in options and run scan. Post both .txt files.

    This will enable us to check what user accounts you have, if any are disabled etc...
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums