Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    21 Apr 2017 #11
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 44
    Win 7
    Thread Starter

    File Transfer


    In order for me to do a clean up on the flash drive I am having to inspect and transfer duplicate, or not, data from one to the other. They are both 16GB drives. Lots of dual data. I am about halfway done(I think).

    I should have done this last night.

    Back to the grind. I should be done shortly.

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    21 Apr 2017 #12
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,819
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce SX View Post
    In order for me to do a clean up on the flash drive I am having to inspect and transfer duplicate, or not, data from one to the other. They are both 16GB drives. Lots of dual data. I am about halfway done(I think).

    I should have done this last night.

    Back to the grind. I should be done shortly.

    Ah. No rush. I'll be in and out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    21 Apr 2017 #13
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 44
    Win 7
    Thread Starter

    Flassh drive clean


    Cleaned up the flash drive awhile back.

    Went to MaxiumReflect and downloaded the free back up version to do a back up. Clicked on finish and when I go into downloads and click on ReflectDL.exe it tells me it's already running.

    So how do I access the program to create a back up disc?

    Confused at this point.

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    21 Apr 2017 #14
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,819
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce SX View Post
    Cleaned up the flash drive awhile back.

    Went to MaxiumReflect and downloaded the free back up version to do a back up. Clicked on finish and when I go into downloads and click on ReflectDL.exe it tells me it's already running.

    So how do I access the program to create a back up disc?

    Confused at this point.

    I don't think you want to create an image of the drive, do you? If you restore the image, it will just put back everything (whatever is on there - we don't know). I think a copy/paste of data from the Libraries is all you'd want to do (not even appdata - just Documents/Pictures/Music/Videos).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    21 Apr 2017 #15
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 44
    Win 7
    Thread Starter

    Thanks


    I wasn't quite sure. I will start downloading the Documents/Pictures/Music/Videos to a cd; then proceed to download the Win10 ISO.

    Appreciated!

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    21 Apr 2017 #16
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 44
    Win 7
    Thread Starter

    Forgot to ask something


    Maureen asked me if the Word app she leased from Microsoft would be restored.
    I told her I didn't know; that I could download open office for her though she might not get all the same bells and whistles as available on Word.

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    21 Apr 2017 #17
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,819
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce SX View Post
    Maureen asked me if the Word app she leased from Microsoft would be restored.
    I told her I didn't know; that I could download open office for her though she might not get all the same bells and whistles as available on Word.

    If she is using O2013, O2016 or O365, all those are installed by accessing your MS account online, downloading the installer and reinstalling on the system.

    If you need keycodes to other software before clean installing, download and run Belarc Advisor (free)

    Products: Belarc Advisor

    This will give you a system inventory, including keys to most software. It will not, however, give you the key codes for the above Office programs I listed. For those, you need to go into your MS account and install that way.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    21 Apr 2017 #18
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,819
    W10Prox64

    Please log into her MS account from a clean computer and see what she's got there for software subscription before you proceed with the clean install.

    Download and install or reinstall Office 365 or Office 2016 on your PC or Mac - Office 365

    .
    p.s. Do NOT install the 64-bit version. Always install the 32-bit version of Office.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    21 Apr 2017 #19
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 44
    Win 7
    Thread Starter

    Word 2016


    Hi Simrick,

    I'm assuming that 2016 is the same as 02016. That's the best I could come up with looking through her system. I'm still not quite up to speed on Win10. I am on my pc using Win7.

    When she gets home I'll get her to log in to her Microsoft account using my pc before I start the clean install.

    Do I plug the flash drive into my machine to download her Word program, onto the flash drive, before doing a clean install?

    Or do I wait until she logs in to verify that her edition of Word is one of the 3 you mentioned above and let Microsoft work it's magic?

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    21 Apr 2017 #20
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,819
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce SX View Post
    Hi Simrick,

    I'm assuming that 2016 is the same as 02016. That's the best I could come up with looking through her system. I'm still not quite up to speed on Win10. I am on my pc using Win7.
    O2016 is short for Office 2016 (it's an o not a zero). You can have a look in the installed programs in Ccleaner and see what she's got on there. Then yes, have her log into her MS account when she gets home, and see what it shows for subscriptions. You don't have to download anything at this point - you can do that after you've clean installed her machine, and do it right on there. We just want to make sure what she's got, and that it's waiting for her in her account. She said it's "leased"(?) so I assume a subscription is what she means.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce SX View Post
    When she gets home I'll get her to log in to her Microsoft account using my pc before I start the clean install.

    Do I plug the flash drive into my machine to download her Word program, onto the flash drive, before doing a clean install?

    Or do I wait until she logs in to verify that her edition of Word is one of the 3 you mentioned above and let Microsoft work it's magic?

    [oops! Answered above.]
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Eliminate Groove Music
How to I get rid of that Groove Music garbage?
General Support
Solved Eliminate Sign-On Password
I am the only person to use my Windows 10 desktop. I would like to eliminate the password request that comes up every time I restart. Thanks, cb
User Accounts and Family Safety
How To Eliminate Sing In & Password Req's. From Sr. Citizen
Hello, Sr. Citizen now, very, so will blame my ignorance on that. Have a Dell Desktop pc. Driving Me, my Wife, and other family members crazy with the logging in/Password requirements each time we turn on the PC. My old W7 PC didn't have it....
User Accounts and Family Safety
Solved Eliminate use of password
I've got Win installed with one minor problem. I don't like to use the password when I start Windows. So I did what is generally done. I got the Run box and typed in netplwiz which has always worked or me. Now it works when it makes up its mind to....
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums