Windows 10: Hacking tools were stolen from NSA - Almost all Windows affected

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
  1.    16 May 2017 #131

    Hi there

    Whatt sort of "fake News" is this : Nr of infections per hour -- you might just as well be reporting on the old ways people could have faked calculations made on an old abacus. !!!

    Even now I'll bet that over 99% of computer users (Windows users) world wide --especially individual or HOME users have never had or never will get viruses on their machines --that's not to say people should be complacent or fail to apply security updates -- most of the failures are due to OVERPAID CEO's in PUBLIC SERVICE JOBS who get obscene amounts of money but are 100% clueless in organising I.T depts.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,111
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
    Thread Starter
       16 May 2017 #132

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    Whatt sort of "fake News" is this : Nr of infections per hour -- you might just as well be reporting on the old ways people could have faked calculations made on an old abacus. !!!

    Even now I'll bet that over 99% of computer users (Windows users) world wide --especially individual or HOME users have never had or never will get viruses on their machines --that's not to say people should be complacent or fail to apply security updates -- most of the failures are due to OVERPAID CEO's in PUBLIC SERVICE JOBS who get obscene amounts of money but are 100% clueless in organising I.T depts.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Sorry, you loose Make this around 50 %. From my knowledge about friends and people I know... I know for more than half of them, that they have some kind of malware on their machines in the past. Probably 3/4. numbers increased in last year or two with infections via respectable online sites.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Fafhrd's Avatar
    Posts : 1,927
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       16 May 2017 #133

    I guess you don't use IE any more than I do, Jimbo, but a lot of people know no better.

    They also use Outlook and don't patch their Windows 7 because the nuisance of waiting half an hour when shutting down, and another ten minutes on bootup is just another frustration too much.

    How do you think McAfee, Norton and Symantec, Avira, AVG, ESET and the rest manage to turn in profits and keep going year after year?

    I don't buy into any of them, neither do you, I'd bet. The people who do are those who've been hit by viruses and malware, and are desperate not to lose control again - but they do time after time, so they buy something different next time.

    You and I keep control by knowing what we are doing, and I know that the methodology on the malwaretech site is a reliable measure of the progress of a few major exploits going on in real time now.

    Your claim of "fake news" is baseless unless you can claim some knowledge of how the site works or who the people who run it are, and how they are faking it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,111
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
    Thread Starter
       16 May 2017 #134

    Never have had is a long time. I'm considering myself careful person, but there was period.. some 20 years ago, when I received e-mail and just opening it, my machine goes crazy. That accident was the cause, I used Pop Pepper for the next 10 or 15 years. Set to preview mail in plain text.

    Most of infection on my home computers was caused by floppies with games, that kids exchanged ... They were forbidden to do that, but go tell them. Anti virus caught most of them, some left behind to be caught later by regular scans. Scary time
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,111
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
    Thread Starter
       17 May 2017 #135
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Fafhrd's Avatar
    Posts : 1,927
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       17 May 2017 #136

    Since Wikileaks detailed the NSA exploits some time ago, aren't all the vulnerabilities exposed there patched yet?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,111
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
    Thread Starter
       17 May 2017 #137

    Fafhrd said: View Post
    Since Wikileaks detailed the NSA exploits some time ago, aren't all the vulnerabilities exposed there patched yet?
    Guess we should open new thread, cause that are (supposedly) new vulnerabilities .. Data offered could be from last attack
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 2,764
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 - 17134.5 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       17 May 2017 #138

    Sounds like they're getting scared, looking over their shoulders - wondering what the weather is like at Gitmo in the summer, and trying to sell off before they are dealt with.

    The NSA want their stuff back and are unlikely to pay for it, although maybe a free drone delivery service may be possible
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,801
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       17 May 2017 #139

    Scare stories abound....with all the Worlds security agency,s on full alert due to the disruptive effects of this last infection....I don't think so.

    It would take an enormous gamble to release new ransomware, with a high risk of being compromised....such as a long prison sentence, and depending in which Country they were apprehended in, maybe even death.

    These scumbags if they have any sense will wait for things to cool down before trying to drop a new bombshell.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,164
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       17 May 2017 #140

    dencal said: View Post
    Scare stories abound....with all the Worlds security agency,s on full alert due to the disruptive effects of this last infection....I don't think so.

    It would take an enormous gamble to release new ransomware, with a high risk of being compromised....such as a long prison sentence, and depending in which Country they were apprehended in, maybe even death.

    These scumbags if they have any sense will wait for things to cool down before trying to drop a new bombshell.
    I never knew any of these types of scumbags to have any common sense, Dencal. We may get a copycat bunch out there dumb enough to start something else.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Related Threads
Remote hacking in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
I believe I am being remotely monitored. My task manager spikes whenever this person uses their computer and I have very odd programs running. I have a dell windows 10 upgraded from 7. Can someone lead me thru steps on how to find it and eliminate...
Will dual boot windows 10 1511 and ubuntu 16.04 be affected by anniversary update. Henry
As the title says, my old laptop was stolen how do I remove access to my Microsoft account form it?
Stolen asus laptop s/n f6n0cv02692323a in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Hi guys, new to this forum and requesting any possible help. My laptop has been stolen and I didn't have any tracking program installed. Is there any way it can be located again? It also has a password on the startup lockscreen but I am not sure if...
Would Windows 10 Phone affected by the same virus with Win 10 PC? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
So I just had a thought: if Windows 10 for Phone can run continuum and be a PC, then a virus or any malicious software can infect a phone just like it would in a laptop/desktop? Another thought: what if the virus can manipulate OneDrive sync and...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:29.
Find Us