Protect Your Privacy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #1

    Protect Your Privacy


    How to Fight Back Against Congresss Attack on FCC Privacy Rules

    TThis is merely an intro into keeping your ISP from gathering and selling your information.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #2

    Here's a good resource for selecting a VPN that's trustworthy
    https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/
    .
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #3

    And here's an article from ZDNet that explains things a little better.

    How to use a VPN to protect your internet privacy | ZDNet

    And . . . it looks like all the tech maggies and sites are getting on the security bandwagon. :)
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 12,732
    Windows 11 Pro
       #4

    Even before this came up, there have been many people advocating that everyone should be using a VPN all the time.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #5

    essenbe said:
    Even before this came up, there have been many people advocating that everyone should be using a VPN all the time.
    I know, but I think this just brought out our total lack of privacy.

    Case in point: I was looking for a kitchen faucet, since the one I had was leaking. I looked at Lowes and Home Depot. Now I can't surf without a gazillion ads for faucets coming up! Sheesh!

    I guess I'll still get ads for stuff I searched before installing m VPN.
      My Computer

  6.    #6

    Wynona said:
    I know, but I think this just brought out our total lack of privacy.

    Case in point: I was looking for a kitchen faucet, since the one I had was leaking. I looked at Lowes and Home Depot. Now I can't surf without a gazillion ads for faucets coming up! Sheesh!

    I guess I'll still get ads for stuff I searched before installing m VPN.
    The same thing was happening to me when shopping for something.
    I received emails for the thing i was looking at from other sources.

    Now with the VPN installed I have test shopped the past two days and have not received
    anything at all.
    No one see's where I go now.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #7

    COMPUTIAC said:
    The same thing was happening to me when shopping for something.
    I received emails for the thing i was looking at from other sources.

    Now with the VPN installed I have test shopped the past two days and have not received
    anything at all.
    No one see's where I go now.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #8

    COMPUTIAC said:
    The same thing was happening to me when shopping for something.
    I received emails for the thing i was looking at from other sources.

    Now with the VPN installed I have test shopped the past two days and have not received
    anything at all.
    No one see's where I go now.
    Wow! That is very good news Bob!
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #9
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 12,732
    Windows 11 Pro
       #10

    Wynona said:
    I know, but I think this just brought out our total lack of privacy.

    Case in point: I was looking for a kitchen faucet, since the one I had was leaking. I looked at Lowes and Home Depot. Now I can't surf without a gazillion ads for faucets coming up! Sheesh!

    I guess I'll still get ads for stuff I searched before installing m VPN.
    That has been the case with some retailers for quite a while. I have even tested it with Amazon and Newegg. No matter what you look at, if you go to another site with Amazon or Newegg ads, that same item will be there. It's just getting worse now. I suspect 'we ain't seen nothing yet.'
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:10.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums