Windows 10: Bitdefender free 2016 is out of beta Solved

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    06 Dec 2016 #1

    Bitdefender free 2016 is out of beta


    As the title says. Bitdefender free 2016 is available on Bitdefender site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016_12_06_14_11_301.png  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    07 Dec 2016 #2

    Thanks for the heads up AndreTen.

    GOD. I hate those ONLINE installers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    07 Dec 2016 #3

    eLPuSHeR said: View Post
    Thanks for the heads up AndreTen.

    GOD. I hate those ONLINE installers.
    You're welcome Thought to post announcement here, since I used it before (Windows 7) and I was quite satisfied with it..

    Users guide...

    Someone on Malwaretips forums posted links to offline installers..

    removed direct links, since they didn't work for me (some error about not finding files) Test was on Insider and 1607 release. Online installer worked fine, but have to use admin account (as is noted in User guide - but who reads them) and restarted twice....
    Last edited by AndreTen; 11 Dec 2016 at 15:00.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 1,680
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       07 Dec 2016 #4

    AndreTen said: View Post
    As the title says. Bitdefender free 2016 is available on Bitdefender site.
    Have installed, complete scan only took a couple of minutes, thanks Andre for tip.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    07 Dec 2016 #5

    dencal said: View Post
    Have installed, complete scan only took a couple of minutes, thanks Andre for tip.
    Does this version have the quick scan option? Last time I tried, it didn't have the scan option.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 1,680
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       07 Dec 2016 #6

    RubberDucky said: View Post
    Does this version have the quick scan option? Last time I tried, it didn't have the scan option.
    Mine was a full scan, click on user guide in link #3 to do individual scanning.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    08 Dec 2016 #7

    I am currently testing it. So far, so good although I am not overly impressed. I was testing Qihoo 360 TSE yesterday and it feels lighter than BD Free. Too bad it missed some recurrent usb virus Windows Defender has no issues killing. I still have to try swapping 360's built-in BD engine with Avira one.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    08 Dec 2016 #8

    eLPuSHeR said: View Post
    I am currently testing it. So far, so good although I am not overly impressed. I was testing Qihoo 360 TSE yesterday and it feels lighter than BD Free. Too bad it missed some recurrent usb virus Windows Defender has no issues killing. I still have to try swapping 360's built-in BD engine with Avira one.
    Qihoo 360 is a cloud antivirus, that explain why it's lighter than BitDefender free because you don't need to store signature onto your hardware to get the latest virus protection. But the biggest weakness of Qihoo 360 is offline protection because when your computer go offline, Qihoo 360 will become dummy and just allow everything to run even that application is malicious.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    09 Dec 2016 #9

    RubberDucky said: View Post
    Qihoo 360 is a cloud antivirus, that explain why it's lighter than BitDefender free because you don't need to store signature onto your hardware to get the latest virus protection. But the biggest weakness of Qihoo 360 is offline protection because when your computer go offline, Qihoo 360 will become dummy and just allow everything to run even that application is malicious.
    Qihoo 360 TSE uses signatures too alongside cloud protection. It has five engines. It downloads signatures for BitDefender engine and/or Avira engine. Currently using Avira engine because the signatures seem to be more recent.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    09 Dec 2016 #10

    eLPuSHeR said: View Post
    Qihoo 360 TSE uses signatures too alongside cloud protection. It has five engines. It downloads signatures for BitDefender engine and/or Avira engine. Currently using Avira engine because the signatures seem to be more recent.
    At default, Bitdefender and Avira engines enable for manual scanning not for real time protection. Try to enable Avira engine as real time protection, and you will notice how much RAM it will increase. Normally, with internet access you don't need either of those two engines enable because 360 cloud + QVM II engine is already enough to detects known and unknown threats. You only need to engine Bitdefender and Avira engines if you go to offline mode very often.

    But the two problems of Qiho 360 is privacy and super huge false positives detection from QVM II engine. And because of that many people ditch Qihoo 360 for something else better with less annoying huge false positives detection.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
How to install bitdefender t0tal security 2016 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
I had to uninstall Bitdefender Total Security 2016. Then I tried to reinstall it but got the latest version Bitdefender Total security 2017 instead. I want the same one I uninstalled but don't know how to get it. I have my old activation code and...
sdfsdfasdf Read more: What happens to those free Windows 10 upgrades after July 29, 2016? | ZDNet See also: Windows 10 upgrade for assistive technology users
Bitdefender 2017 Beta in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
bitdefender free edition in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
to my surprise, it installed on windows 10. can I assume it does what it is supposed to? edit: I posted this question on the bitdefender forum. I saw that the latest build of free edition was announced with the hope that it would support windows...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums