This is not that big a deal, just kinda annoying, but I'd like an solution if there is one.

Lately, several times I tried to open some new program, and I saw the screen kind of blink and hear a ding, but nothing would launch. I thought maybe it was incompatibility/broken that was preventing it form opening. But it kept happening with different programs, ones that I knew should be ok.

I finally discovered that the UAC was opening up "invisible"...that's the best way I can describe it.

After clicking on something, I had to go outside of the folder it was in (i.e., "peek" at the desktop), and then go back to the folder, where the UAC would finally be revealed.

Apparently, it's a result of my choosing this UAC setting

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UAC.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	107868

instead of the one right above it.

I dont remember this happening until fairly recently, maybe a month or so ago.

Anyway, even if there is no answer for this, at least mentioning it might save some aggravation for someone else.