Windows 10: Avira icon on system tray not showing

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1.    17 Nov 2016 #61

    p060477 said: View Post
    hope you followed very closely the 3d..the issue is in the avira service host that is really impossible to start..i mean that is stopped and if you try to start it it stopped in a while..
    this is the very BIG AVIRA BUG ISSUE
    "hope you followed very closely the 3d" I am not sure what you mean by this.
    I am trying to help you resolve the issue. I myself am not having any issues anymore. I was having the same issue as the OP. Hence, how I got to this forum. I solved the issue on my machine and now I am not. So.. I am unsure how you are able to sit and point fingers as to what the problem is.

    If the service is stopping then it is having a conflict with another service which has a higher priority. If I am wrong please someone correct me. However, this wouldn't be an issue of Avira as it would be an issue related to your machine and what software it is running. Check Event Manager and see if you can pin point what is turning the service off.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 42
    windows 10
       17 Nov 2016 #62

    Opinicus said: View Post
    "hope you followed very closely the 3d" I am not sure what you mean by this.
    I am trying to help you resolve the issue. I myself am not having any issues anymore. I was having the same issue as the OP. Hence, how I got to this forum. I solved the issue on my machine and now I am not. So.. I am unsure how you are able to sit and point fingers as to what the problem is.

    If the service is stopping then it is having a conflict with another service which has a higher priority. If I am wrong please someone correct me. However, this wouldn't be an issue of Avira as it would be an issue related to your machine and what software it is running. Check Event Manager and see if you can pin point what is turning the service off.

    here it is what you asked:

    - System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Service Control Manager
    [ Guid] {555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}
    [ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager
    - EventID 7034
    [ Qualifiers] 49152
    Version 0
    Level 2
    Task 0
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x8080000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2016-11-17T14:31:58.125144100Z
    EventRecordID 35643
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [ ProcessID] 848
    [ ThreadID] 936
    Channel System
    Computer pc
    Security

    - EventData
    param1 Avira Service Host
    param2 4
    410076006900720061002E00530065007200760069006300650048006F00730074000000


    Dati binari:

    In word
    0000: 00760041 00720069 002E0061 00650053
    0010: 00760072 00630069 00480065 0073006F
    0020: 00000074

    In byte
    0000: 41 00 76 00 69 00 72 00 A.v.i.r.
    0008: 61 00 2E 00 53 00 65 00 a...S.e.
    0010: 72 00 76 00 69 00 63 00 r.v.i.c.
    0018: 65 00 48 00 6F 00 73 00 e.H.o.s.
    0020: 74 00 00 00 t...



    ANY useful ideas now...??...

    this is a very BIG AVIRA BUG and it is a SHAME cause is also FOR ITS PREMIUM customers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    18 Nov 2016 #63

    "ANY useful ideas now...??..."

    After this, I am done. You're on your own. I mean I could and do, but there is principle involved.
    Best of luck.

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 42
    windows 10
       18 Nov 2016 #64

    Opinicus said: View Post
    "ANY useful ideas now...??..."

    After this, I am done. You're on your own. I mean I could and do, but there is principle involved.
    Best of luck.

    so you have plaied the fool with us having us lost lots of time followed yr questions..??
    lots of compliments..!!

    and also lots of compliments to this VERY BIG AVIRA BUG STILL UNSOLVED..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 42
    windows 10
       20 Nov 2016 #65

    the AVIRA BUG is still astonishing and shamely there...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    20 Nov 2016 #66

    p060477 said: View Post
    the AVIRA BUG is still astonishing and shamely there...
    Several people have said Avira is working fine on their computers. I understand . . . it's NOT working on your computer. Sometimes programs become damaged or corrupt. About two weeks ago it was suggested that you remove all traces of Avira from your computer and either use a different software or reinstall a fresh copy of Avira. (See posts #35 and #38.) Have you tried that?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 532
    Windows 10 Home
       20 Nov 2016 #67

    p060477,

    marsmimar's suggestion, based on that of others, is a very good step to take.

    If the problem still remains, then, your best bet is to go to the Avira support forum. Avira is the best source to solve this issue. It IS their program, they know best what problems exist, and they are the ones who can actually do something about it!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 42
    windows 10
       21 Nov 2016 #68

    marsmimar said: View Post
    Several people have said Avira is working fine on their computers. I understand . . . it's NOT working on your computer. Sometimes programs become damaged or corrupt. About two weeks ago it was suggested that you remove all traces of Avira from your computer and either use a different software or reinstall a fresh copy of Avira. (See posts #35 and #38.) Have you tried that?
    but have you read closely my posts..??..
    just done it for several times
    and i'm really not THE ONLY one affected by this
    VERY BIG AVIRA BUG
    what a real SHAME
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 42
    windows 10
       21 Nov 2016 #69

    cottonball said: View Post
    p060477,

    marsmimar's suggestion, based on that of others, is a very good step to take.

    If the problem still remains, then, your best bet is to go to the Avira support forum. Avira is the best source to solve this issue. It IS their program, they know best what problems exist, and they are the ones who can actually do something about it!
    the support is only for PREMIUM paying customers
    and this BIG is also on the PREMIUM customers
    and this is a very AVIRA'S SHAME
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)
       21 Nov 2016 #70

    Hi, @p060477:

    Why do you torture yourself (and the forum) over this day in and day out?
    We understand that the feature does not work for you on your computer.
    I'm sure that is frustrating for you.
    But many good-faith efforts to help you have been unsuccessful.

    It's futile to rant here over and over.
    With all the time & energy you've spent doing so, you could have long ago implemented a practical solution, such as:
    1. Live with the problem; or
    2. Consult the Avira forum; or
    3. Upgrade to the paid, Premium version, so that you are eligible for Avira tech support; or
    4. Uninstall the Avira free and replace it with a different free or paid AV.


    This is a community support forum where members try to help each other.
    Many people have patiently attempted to help you.
    But we cannot work miracles.

    EOD for me.
    Sorry,

    MM
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I searched to see if anyone addresses this issue and didn't find a thread for my exact problem, pardon me if I missed it... I used to have a bluetooth icon showing in my system tray/notification area, which was a nice convenience. It disappeared...
I would like to find out how I can customize the actual images(icons) displayed in the system tray. This is my current system tray --> 38744 Icons I want to change include BitDefender, Chrome, and OpenVPN to make them better fit the new...
I have been having some weird problem with One Drive and have received several suggestions to look at the settings of One Drive by right clicking on the System Tray One Drive icon. That icon is not in the System Tray. How do I find it? Thank...
My Windows 10 system tray looks like http://puu.sh/jB7xz/a2efac640e.png for both large or small taskbar icons. The spacing between systray icons are larger than in previous versions of Windows. Nearly everyone's screenshots of W10 have systrays...
Hello, Well as you can see in the screenshot Vuze is running, up 5 times apparently! It isn't obviously, and I can only right click on the icon on the lower right, but this is annoying. Any ideas of how to resolve it? 28067
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57.
Find Us