Windows 10: Hundreds of hidden Chrome now IE processes after installing software Solved

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

  1. Posts : 11,234
    W10Prox64
       26 Sep 2016 #41

    tacos team said: View Post
    Thanks for your reply and the tutorial link. I think the 450MB partition currently on the SSD must be the UEFI partition. I presume it's best to use UEFI? I have seen suggestion that if I just change the boot order in BIOS so the SSD is disk 0, you might not need to remove the other drive?
    UEFI is best. Please remove the other drive, unless you want Windows to mess up the boot info across the two!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 64 bit Home
    Thread Starter
       29 Sep 2016 #42

    simrick said: View Post
    UEFI is best. Please remove the other drive, unless you want Windows to mess up the boot info across the two!
    Thanks, did this, and all went smoothly . Had a bunch of updates to install immediately to anniversary update, also spent a while disabling cortana with a registry fix & removing a ton of Windows programs I didn't need, using powershell. I also turned off all of the background app refresh in privacy, but it seems the few I have left as live tiles, reenabled themselves

    How to Uninstall Windows 10ís Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 11,234
    W10Prox64
       29 Sep 2016 #43

    tacos team said: View Post
    Thanks, did this, and all went smoothly . Had a bunch of updates to install immediately to anniversary update, also spent a while disabling cortana with a registry fix & removing a ton of Windows programs I didn't need, using powershell. I also turned off all of the background app refresh in privacy, but it seems the few I have left as live tiles, reenabled themselves

    How to Uninstall Windows 10’s Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

    Great news! If you're satisfied, please mark the thread as solved. Cheers!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 64 bit Home
    Thread Starter
       29 Sep 2016 #44

    simrick said: View Post
    Great news! If you're satisfied, please mark the thread as solved. Cheers!
    Thanks again for your help on this . Unfortunately I just discovered yet another new interstat / Weatherman variant compiled in April, WeatherForecast, detected by no providers. It is version 1.0.3.40, compared to older version number 1.0.3.18 had by previous Weatherman and variants. Either they suddenly took over a new leaf since writing the original Weatherman trojan, and are just writing benign helpful programs, or they just made it more adept at avoiding detection - maybe by detecting a test system environment? Or maybe all these newer variants have simply not been specifically tested, only heuristically scanned?

    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/1d44605d58be5df7fe72a3412b486186d56d485365babf26f06efcfdd84efcf5/analysis


    And another of variant Network Monitor with varying version numbers, now detected by 15 providers as a Trojan

    1.3.4.2
    1.3.4.3
    1.4.3.2

    confirmed links to interstat from variant filenames in strings interstat.exe inetstat.exe bandwidthstat.exe

    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/6...9379/analysis/
    Last edited by tacos team; 29 Sep 2016 at 19:54.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 11,234
    W10Prox64
       29 Sep 2016 #45

    I don't understand - are you saying you installed this on your clean install? Where did it come from? What programs have you installed? It would have had to come in with something (a PUP).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 64 bit Home
    Thread Starter
       30 Sep 2016 #46

    simrick said: View Post
    I don't understand - are you saying you installed this on your clean install? Where did it come from? What programs have you installed? It would have had to come in with something (a PUP).
    Lol, no, fortunately not, just me being obsessive trying to find other clones of this malware, especially ones that look like they actually have been analysed properly by some AV/anti malware providers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 11,234
    W10Prox64
       30 Sep 2016 #47

    tacos team said: View Post
    Lol, no, fortunately not, just me being obsessive trying to find other clones of this malware, especially ones that look like they actually have been analysed properly by some AV/anti malware providers.
    Oh good! WHEW!
    Please go ahead and mark the thread as solved, unless there is something else that needs attention on your system. Cheers!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Related Threads
Hi there, I have upgraded my W7 64-bit to W10-64bit some time ago and been testing W10 since then. I had some random crashes and BSODs which I could not find the reason why as my W7 was running pristine. Last week I had a crash for Visual...
BSOD when installing software in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, Recently i upgraded my windows 8 laptop to windows 10. Now when i want to install vmware player 7 i get a BSOD. When i look at the dump files i see only the ntoskernel marked red. How can i fix this. I have added the zip file as in...
My Chrome has been acting, really, really weird since I updated to W10 a few weeks ago. I've reinstalled the browser multiple times with no sign of improvement. There are NO issues on any other browser (Edge, Firefox & Opera) Let me give you a...
Anyone had issues with this software when installing Win 10? Office 2007 This game - Battlefield Bad Company 2 FTP
Get Windows 10: Microsoft's hidden roadmap for the biggest software upgrade in history | ZDNet The above is a few paragraphs down into Ed Bott's article, but for me is the real purpose of letting us know what's next.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:33.
Find Us