Windows 10: Adware

  1.    09 Aug 2016 #1

    Adware


    Hello All,

    I have this "social2search Ads", "Youndoo", & "nusearch" things in my system. I removed them from my Programs list and reset / refreshed all my browsers. Still, these things are not going. What to do?

    Kindly Help me. It is very annoying.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Kannan
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    09 Aug 2016 #2

    Manually removing such things isn't likely to work - once infested you will find they have tricks that reinstall them.

    Suggest you need to use a tool such as Malwarebytes, or
    Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for PC - Free Browser Hijacker Remover
    AdwCleaner Download

    or research individually if necessary.

    Ultimately you can use Hijackthis and then you need to use a site such as
    Hijackthis.com | Spyware Removal | Internet Security | Registry Clean-up
    for truly expert help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)
       09 Aug 2016 #3

    dalchina said: View Post
    Ultimately you can use Hijackthis and then you need to use a site such as
    Hijackthis.com | Spyware Removal | Internet Security | Registry Clean-up
    for truly expert help.
    Actually, I don't think HijackThis is currently favored by malware removal experts these days, at least at the popular disinfection fora I follow.
    It has largely been supplanted by other, newer, more powerful tools (e.g. FRST, Delfix) that do a better job detecting/removing current threats and by a host of specialized online and offline tools, a few of which you already mentioned.

    The "trick" is knowing which tools to run and in which sequence, for the most effective detection and cleanup for different types of malware on different platforms/systems.

    Cheers,
    MM
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 11,233
    W10Prox64
       09 Aug 2016 #4

    kanjbi said: View Post
    Hello All,

    I have this "social2search Ads", "Youndoo", & "nusearch" things in my system. I removed them from my Programs list and reset / refreshed all my browsers. Still, these things are not going. What to do?

    Kindly Help me. It is very annoying.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Kannan
    Hi Kannan and welcome to Tenforums.

    I agree with Moxie Momma. Here's what I would do:

    Run RKILL.
    Then run TempFile Cleaner.
    Then run JRT (Junkware Removal Tool).
    Then run ADWCleaner.
    Run RKILL again.
    Run Malwarebytes Antinmalware Free This should be a full scan of your operating system drive, not just a threat scan.
    You should be good to go after this.
    p.s. When you run Malwarebytes, be sure to check the option for Rootkits, as it's not selected by default.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    09 Aug 2016 #5

    simrick said: View Post
    Hi Kannan and welcome to Tenforums.

    I agree with Moxie Momma. Here's what I would do:

    Run RKILL.
    Then run TempFile Cleaner.
    Then run JRT (Junkware Removal Tool).
    Then run ADWCleaner.
    Run RKILL again.
    Run Malwarebytes Antinmalware Free This should be a full scan of your operating system drive, not just a threat scan.
    You should be good to go after this.
    p.s. When you run Malwarebytes, be sure to check the option for Rootkits, as it's not selected by default.
    I don't think you need to run RKILL unless you're in heavily infected stage that you can't do anything in Windows normal mode. Adware is not dangerous as malware and they can easily remove with Malwarebytes Anti Malwware and Zemana Anti Malware Free and AdwCleaner.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,233
    W10Prox64
       10 Aug 2016 #6

    RubberDucky said: View Post
    I don't think you need to run RKILL unless you're in heavily infected stage that you can't do anything in Windows normal mode. Adware is not dangerous as malware and they can easily remove with Malwarebytes Anti Malwware and Zemana Anti Malware Free and AdwCleaner.
    Until you know what you're dealing with, it's best to run it, and since everything it does is undone with a reboot, it does no harm - only helps, and it doesn't take long to run either. Lots of these things bring in additional nasties once they get on your system. RKILL can identify that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
android adware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
could someone please explain what android pup.ewind.mb is, it was found by Malwarebytes on a cheep android phone I bought on ebay. when I try to delete it Malwarebytes cannot complete the task Chinese adds pop up every where ,thanks in advance ,...
Adware redirect virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Morning, hi i'm new in tenforums i want to ask about adware and redirect viruses i have some problem with redirect virus and adware, i try everything to solve this. i have try hitman pro and other similar software, and adblock too, but it...
Persistent immovable popups, adware, malware etc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Have use Win 10 successfully since released. two weeks ago I began being besieged by immovable persistent popups. Since then I have scanned HP Pavillion laptop with Norton, PC Cleaner, Reimage and AVG . All of them found and cured faults,...
Adware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
i m facing serious adware problem. redirecting webpage automatically, opening new browser windows and many more.... tried many things but not helping that much those are coming back again... any permanent or solid solution???
Solved Why does W10 FreeCell leave behind Adware????? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
I upgraded from W7 to W10 last July. I am an avid fan of Freecell. However, after leaving the game, I run SuperAntiSpyware (SAS) and the report from that run will show anywhere from 2 to 70+ pieces of adware (see below). I know MS is now a...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:06.
Find Us