Windows 10: Avast using 15-30% CPU in idle Solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 236
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1703 15063.296
       27 Jun 2016 #11

    Yes Avast Paid Versions of Internet Security, and Premier--auto update items with Software update, manual updating with Free version

    "All Avast security products for home PCs let you update your software with a single click.
    Premier users donít even need to do that, as software updates automatically in the background." Seems just for Premier it updates autoly after reading there site
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,223
    W10Prox64
       27 Jun 2016 #12

    AMDMan2016 said: View Post
    Yes Avast Paid Versions of Internet Security, and Premier--auto update items with Software update, manual updating with Free version

    "All Avast security products for home PCs let you update your software with a single click.
    Premier users don’t even need to do that, as software updates automatically in the background." Seems just for Premier it updates autoly after reading there site
    Thanks for clarifying that!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 236
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1703 15063.296
       27 Jun 2016 #13

    Most Welcome
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    27 Jun 2016 #14

    eLPuSHeR said: View Post
    I thought AVAST was light on resources, at least some time ago. It seems it isn't true nowadays. I've heard good things about AVIRA, but I am quite satisfied with WD so far.
    Yeh it's a real shame when once-good free programs start getting bloated, ad-filled, never to be installed again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 185
    Windows 10 64-bit home
    Thread Starter
       29 Jun 2016 #15

    JP56 said: View Post
    I found Avast Free beginning to eat resource & stopped installing it on my family & friends' laptops. Avira free is my current selection
    I used to use Avira but after several issues that appeared after several of their updates, including dropping all my exceptions, and annoying pop-ups I couldn't disable, I gave up on them and switched to Avast.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,223
    W10Prox64
       29 Jun 2016 #16

    rivre said: View Post
    I used to use Avira but after several issues that appeared after several of their updates, including dropping all my exceptions, and annoying pop-ups I couldn't disable, I gave up on them and switched to Avast.
    Yeah, I've heard that Avira's popups are getting out of control.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 85
    Windows 10 64-bit
       29 Jun 2016 #17

    Used Avast for years but got disenchanted with it's bloatware and an instance that it wouldn't restore a known good file from the chest. I've been running Free Panda AV for the past seven months on all the PCs and, with the exception of a popup now and again to upgrade, it works pretty well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11,223
    W10Prox64
       29 Jun 2016 #18

    Fabler said: View Post
    Used Avast for years but got disenchanted with it's bloatware and an instance that it wouldn't restore a known good file from the chest. I've been running Free Panda AV for the past seven months on all the PCs and, with the exception of a popup now and again to upgrade, it works pretty well.
    Have not used Panda myself, but have heard good things about it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    30 Jun 2016 #19

    Just to justify my own opinion, I tried Avast yesterday. As soon as I installed it (custom install, only the three shields installed) I noticed a "noticeable" slowdown on my i7 and what is even worse, I had some minor failures with some software. I went back to trusty WD.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 11,223
    W10Prox64
       30 Jun 2016 #20

    eLPuSHeR said: View Post
    Just to justify my own opinion, I tried Avast yesterday. As soon as I installed it (custom install, only the three shields installed) I noticed a "noticeable" slowdown on my i7 and what is even worse, I had some minor failures with some software. I went back to trusty WD.
    Avast used to be really good; light on resources, excellent detections and good shields. I'm sorry to hear it's become a resource hog like others.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Solved Avast 12.1.2272 and Skype Possible issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Hi There Recently did a Clean Windows 10 Install to clean up system further since January, anyways now can't receive pictures on skype, reinstalled Avast on advice from online friend that I needed that for better security protection, well...
Avast Antivirus Problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Hi, I have a desktop PC and recently installed windows10 OS Then when that was up and running I went to install an antivirus. I wasn't aware that Windows Defender was part of the package and so I went to look for an antivirus program. I like...
Avast says its on, but not according to Windows in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
my mistake, please delete:)
Avast and SyncBack Free in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Upgraded to Windows 10 on all of my systems (desktop, laptop, tablet) and have been using Avast Free as my antivirus software. No problem until today (9/16/2015) when Avast reported SyncBack Free as Malware and moved it to quarantine. Downloaded...
Solved Cannot unistall avast. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
So i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I had as antivirus avast, now i want to unistall it but windows is coming up with an error "this program has compatibility issues. So what can i do now?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57.
Find Us