What extra software do I need with Windows 10

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 191
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #191

    Hi Tc,
    Homework done! The only thing I haven't done is "boot"it cause not sure exactly what to do.
    HP printer problem sorted too.
    My 2nd monitor is also working via the docking station as well as the keyboard, but not sure if the USB ports are reliable.
    Lizzy

    What extra software do I need with Windows 10-rescue-media.png
      My Computer

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,481
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #192

    Hi, Lizzy! Good job! Give me a minute to catch up.....
      My Computers

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,481
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #193

    Lizzy, can you tell me briefly how you fixed the printer issue?
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 191
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #194

    f14tomcat said:
    Lizzy, can you tell me briefly how you fixed the printer issue?
    I read on HP that you have to uninstall everything relating to HP before you can reinstall. I had left bits and pieces behind. So I did an in-depth HP uninstall, ran the install disk that I got with the printer and it worked.
    Lizzy
      My Computer

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,481
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #195

    Lizzy said:
    I read on HP that you have to uninstall everything relating to HP before you can reinstall. I had left bits and pieces behind. So I did an in-depth HP uninstall, ran the install disk that I got with the printer and it worked.
    Lizzy
    Got it! Now, do you know how to boot your machine from a thumb drive?
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 191
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #196

    I think I caused myself problems by upgrading to W10 with all my devices connected. I should have done it on my laptop then reconnected my devices one by one. You live and learn.
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 191
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #197

    f14tomcat said:
    Got it! Now, do you know how to boot your machine from a thumb drive?
    No I don't!
      My Computer

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,481
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #198

    Lizzy said:
    No I don't!
    hang on....
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 191
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #199

    f14tomcat said:
    hang on....
    Should I try connecting the thumb drive to one of the docking station USB ports, or is that asking for trouble. Otherwise I have to disconnect the docking station and plug into my laptop. I really need more USB ports.
      My Computer

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,481
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #200

    Lizzy said:
    Should I try connecting the thumb drive to one of the docking station USB ports, or is that asking for trouble. Otherwise I have to disconnect the docking station and plug into my laptop. I really need more USB ports.
    I'm downloading the manual for your computer now so I can see how to boot from the thumb drive.
      My Computers


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:41.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums