Windows 10: What extra software do I need with Windows 10 Solved

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 21,855
    Dual boot - Win 10 Pro & Win 10 Insider (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       27 Jun 2016 #91

    If you go to Device Manager, under Disk Drives, what does it show? Right click start button>Device Manager.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-06-27_15h23_44.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	215.1 KB 
ID:	87102
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-06-27_15h23_44.png  
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,224
    W10Prox64
       27 Jun 2016 #92

    Hey TC. Not to barge-in, because you are doing a tremendous job....but, do you think the Touro needs a CHKDSK? Also, I've run into this on older drives - the data is there from a while ago, you can read it, it connects to the system, etc., but try to write anything to it and it fails. It's a scary position to be in though, because all your data is at risk. Might you try PassMark Disk Checkup on the Touro to make sure it's in good health?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 189
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       27 Jun 2016 #93

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disk drives.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	87103
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 21,855
    Dual boot - Win 10 Pro & Win 10 Insider (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       27 Jun 2016 #94

    simrick said: View Post
    Hey TC. Not to barge-in, because you are doing a tremendous job....but, do you think the Touro needs a CHKDSK? Also, I've run into this on older drives - the data is there from a while ago, you can read it, it connects to the system, etc., but try to write anything to it and it fails. It's a scary position to be in though, because all your data is at risk. Might you try PassMark Disk Checkup on the Touro to make sure it's in good health?
    I only see one in Device manager. @simrick, I've never used PassMark. Can you walk her thru it? I'm also concerned the "Fix" she did last week has left some goodies on there.

    Lizzy, Simrick is a really good person to have a look at this. I would let her do it, if she's willing.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 189
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       27 Jun 2016 #95

    My Touro an ASUS docking station are both new. I bought them a couple of months ago when moving from my Dell desktop to ASUS laptop. I transferred all my files with Touro.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 189
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       27 Jun 2016 #96

    Any help is much appreciated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 21,855
    Dual boot - Win 10 Pro & Win 10 Insider (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       27 Jun 2016 #97

    Lizzy said: View Post
    My Touro an ASUS docking station are both new. I bought them a couple of months ago when moving from my Dell desktop to ASUS laptop. I transferred all my files with Touro.
    Ok, there is something we can do to see if there's something corrupt in the system files.

    Right click Start Button, open Command Prompt (Admin). Copy and paste this and press enter. It will run for about 10 minutes or less. SFC /SCANNOW Post a screenshot of the command window results.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.1198
       27 Jun 2016 #98

    Kari said: View Post
    Apart of Photo Creations, that is software and drivers for the HP Envy 4500 printer. I would not uninstall the printer from my system.
    Agree with you fully there I also have the same Printer and also would not recommend removing any thing to do with the printer
    As it will not work properly
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 11,224
    W10Prox64
       27 Jun 2016 #99

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    I only see one in Device manager. @simrick, I've never used PassMark. Can you walk her thru it? I'm also concerned the "Fix" she did last week has left some goodies on there.
    Happy to post some screenshots on DiskCheckup - wouldn't hurt just to make sure the thing is healthy. Give me a moment please.
    Not aware of this "fix" - can you elaborate?
    Lizzy said: View Post
    My Touro an ASUS docking station are both new. I bought them a couple of months ago when moving from my Dell desktop to ASUS laptop. I transferred all my files with Touro.
    Good, then chances are it's healthy. Let's make sure, just to rule that out.

    TC - might want to run CHKDSK /r on the Touro, no?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 21,855
    Dual boot - Win 10 Pro & Win 10 Insider (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       27 Jun 2016 #100

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Agree with you fully there I also have the same Printer and also would not recommend removing any thing to do with the printer
    As it will not work properly
    Donald? How did this post get here? It has nothing to do with the thread!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Extra partitions in Installation and Upgrade
In ADMIN TOOLS|COMPUTER MGMT|DISK MGMT the following are listed... C: 952 GB "healthy recovery partition" 450 MB (the box is shaded) "healthy recovery partition" 449 MB D: 909 GB How can I get rid of the recovery partitions (or at...
Solved Extra storage in Drivers and Hardware
I want to add extra storage to my Surface Pro 3. I have 128gb on my HDD and would like to add at least another 64gb. Would I be better with an SD card or Flash Drive? RogerB
Hi there. I observed that when creating an executable with Visual Studio, Windows 10 will launch one (sometimes even two) extra thread. This happens even for the simplest program: int main() { return 0; } If you break on return 0, Visual...
I downloaded the iso and installed 10 over 7, doing the clean install option instead of an upgrade. After everything setup, I noticed some extra partitions were created that 7 did not have. Both are on my main C: drive. One is 450 MB labeled...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.
Find Us