Windows 10: Latest Version of Malwarebytes

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1.    13 Aug 2015 #61

    My license was fine after the upgrade. Maybe contact support and see if they can reset it for you?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,858
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       13 Aug 2015 #62

    fredc said: View Post
    I have a Mbam lifetime license but when i upgraded to Win 10 it says it's no good anymore , all i did was upgrade from 7 and it's still the same computer . Bummer
    Check out this thread at Malwarebytes Forums: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
       13 Aug 2015 #63

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    Look on the MBAM forum's, I'm sure you're not the only one with this.
    Lifetime license's never expire.

    You would think lol, i will check it out. Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. MoxieMomma's Avatar
    Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)
       13 Aug 2015 #64

    Hello:

    fredc said: View Post
    I have a Mbam lifetime license but when i upgraded to Win 10 it says it's no good anymore , all i did was upgrade from 7 and it's still the same computer . Bummer
    First:
    What is the exact wording of the error message, e.g. "invalid license" or "error 403" or "error 404", or something else?
    (A screen shot would be helpful.)

    Next:
    OS upgrades/downgrades and use of System Restore can exert unpredictable effects on security programs, such as MBAM.
    So, the first thing to try would be a clean reinstall, as explained here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

    If that fails, here's a bit more information about license validation problems with version 2.1.8.1057....

    #1
    Please be sure you are not trying to activate your license on more computers than your license allows.

    #2
    Please be sure you are entering the correct alphanumeric characters in the correct format.
    For example, please be sure not to swap "0" for "O", "1" for "I", etc; and be sure not to add extra spaces.
    "Old" lifetime licenses have both a Key and an ID, each of which needs to be entered in its own field.
    The ID format is most likely XXXXX-XXXXX and the Key format is most likely XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    NOTE: "New" "replacement" licenses have just a Key, without an ID.
    There is more information here: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

    #3
    If those do not resolve your issue, the best way to get help -- especially for a "403" or "404" error code -- would be with the Support folks at the help desk:

    • If you already have a ticket at the Help Desk, please try to be patient. The Help Desk is busy, and they are also assisting users with technical support and malware cleanup cases.
      • Please do not open multiple tickets there -- doing so will slow down the process and could delay their response to you.

    • If you do NOT already have a ticket at the Help Desk, you may open one HERE.
      • Please provide the Help Desk with as much of the following information as possible (but do NOT post this sensitive information here in this forum):
        • Name of purchaser
        • Email address of purchaser
        • Date of purchase
        • cleverbridge reference number (or details about the seller, if it was NOT Malwarebytes online store)
        • MBAM license ID and Key information




    • Either way, please be sure to check your spam and junk mail folders, to verify that the emails from the Support team did not land there by mistake.


    In the interim, you may wish to perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM -- the setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues. (1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version)

    I hope this helps,

    MM
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
       13 Aug 2015 #65

    MoxieMomma said: View Post
    Hello:



    First:
    What is the exact wording of the error message, e.g. "invalid license" or "error 403" or "error 404", or something else?
    (A screen shot would be helpful.)

    Next:
    OS upgrades/downgrades and use of System Restore can exert unpredictable effects on security programs, such as MBAM.
    So, the first thing to try would be a clean reinstall, as explained here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

    If that fails, here's a bit more information about license validation problems with version 2.1.8.1057....

    #1
    Please be sure you are not trying to activate your license on more computers than your license allows.

    #2
    Please be sure you are entering the correct alphanumeric characters in the correct format.
    For example, please be sure not to swap "0" for "O", "1" for "I", etc; and be sure not to add extra spaces.
    "Old" lifetime licenses have both a Key and an ID, each of which needs to be entered in its own field.
    The ID format is most likely XXXXX-XXXXX and the Key format is most likely XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    NOTE: "New" "replacement" licenses have just a Key, without an ID.
    There is more information here: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

    #3
    If those do not resolve your issue, the best way to get help -- especially for a "403" or "404" error code -- would be with the Support folks at the help desk:

    • If you already have a ticket at the Help Desk, please try to be patient. The Help Desk is busy, and they are also assisting users with technical support and malware cleanup cases.
      • Please do not open multiple tickets there -- doing so will slow down the process and could delay their response to you.

    • If you do NOT already have a ticket at the Help Desk, you may open one HERE.
      • Please provide the Help Desk with as much of the following information as possible (but do NOT post this sensitive information here in this forum):
        • Name of purchaser
        • Email address of purchaser
        • Date of purchase
        • cleverbridge reference number (or details about the seller, if it was NOT Malwarebytes online store)
        • MBAM license ID and Key information




    • Either way, please be sure to check your spam and junk mail folders, to verify that the emails from the Support team did not land there by mistake.


    In the interim, you may wish to perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM -- the setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues. (1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version)

    I hope this helps,

    MM


    Yeah, it's error code (403) , i have reinstalled many times but it's ALWAYS on the same computer , don't even own a second computer . I have a ticket and will just wait , thank you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. MoxieMomma's Avatar
    Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)
       13 Aug 2015 #66

    fredc said: View Post
    Yeah, it's error code (403) , i have reinstalled many times but it's ALWAYS on the same computer , don't even own a second computer . I have a ticket and will just wait , thank you.
    The Help Desk folks are the only ones who can work with you to correct a "403" error.
    Please try to be patient -- there is a bit of a backlog because of recent issues with the ticketing system.

    In the interim, you may wish to perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM -- the setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues. (1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version)

    Thanks for you patience,MM (just an MBAM home user and forum volunteer)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
       14 Aug 2015 #67

    MoxieMomma said: View Post
    The Help Desk folks are the only ones who can work with you to correct a "403" error.
    Please try to be patient -- there is a bit of a backlog because of recent issues with the ticketing system.

    In the interim, you may wish to perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM -- the setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues. (1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version)

    Thanks for you patience,MM (just an MBAM home user and forum volunteer)
    Yeah, i am using the 14 day trial option now as a matter of fact , thanks MM.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,858
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       15 Aug 2015 #68

    I placed this here because 10 Forums doesn't have a Security News thread yet:

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. acmanten's Avatar
    Posts : 1,998
    MS Windows 10 Pro - Perm Activation of 10585
       20 Aug 2015 #69

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Check out this thread at Malwarebytes Forums: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help
    First of all - I will say thanks to all for helping me...

    Yesterday afternoon and last night I did the upgrade to Win 10 for my ACER 4-in-1 Desktop which started as win7, win8, and win8.1 to win 10 and it sure appears that all worked fine. It seemed to be doing all the right-stuff, so just leave it alone... and that is what I did. After it was done - I did reload and start my Norton 360 Security software again.. but that was all.

    And sometimes soon - I will be getting a new version of MBAM.

    Now I have a lot more to learn and do some catchup during this weekend. T
    hanks again... Cliff M.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. acmanten's Avatar
    Posts : 1,998
    MS Windows 10 Pro - Perm Activation of 10585
       20 Aug 2015 #70

    I am still not sure where to start a brand-new message with NEW TOPIC or SUBJECT.
    Where is info explaining how to do this ?

    So I will ask my question here.

    1. if I wish to save this information about MBAM to keep it for myself or store it as an info message in my "My Messages". "Win-10acm" folder - How that be done ?

    ...and I will be downloading a the latest MBAM.

    Thanks, Cliff M.


    Brink said: View Post
    Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Released


    information   Information
    WHQL Version: 2.1.8.1057
    Release Date: June 19th 2015



    Release history

    Release Notes:




    You can download the full 2.1.8.1057 installer by clicking here.


    Here's what’s new in v.2.1.8:


    Improvements:
    • License key is now displayed on the My Account screen
    • Remaining subscription duration now displayed on My Account screen
    • Implemented other licensing improvements to clarify license status
    • Enhanced protection capabilities of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Web Protection
    • Numerous enhancements to prepare for full compatibility with Windows 10
    • Enhanced Malwarebytes Chameleon's ability to fully restore Malwarebytes functionality when affected by a malware infection
    • Updated data collection techniques to improve malware research and analysis
    • Removed "Exclude" button on Website Blocked notification to reduce inadvertent allowing of malicious sites
    • Updated button text on Malware Detected and Non-Malware Detected notifications to clarify meaning
    • Added enhanced support for High DPI displays
    • Enabled the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version to receive incremental database updates
    • Added appropriate copyright notices and license statements for all third-party open source software
    • Corrected translation errors for core non-English languages (German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and Polish)
    • Added support for Chinese Traditional, which is provided as a convenience for our users by a community volunteer and is not an officially supported language
    • Several improvements to malware detection and remediation capabilities

    Issues Fixed:
    • Reverted the temporary change in v.2.1.6 that disabled checking for updates prior to scheduled scans
    • Fixed SDK Database load errors for error code 2 and 1812
    • Removed obsolete "Terminate program when no threats are found" setting since scans now run from the tray application
    • Fixed several crashes that could occur during scan and quarantine operations
    • Fixed crash that occurred when clicking the Clear Policies link on Access Policies screen
    • Fixed issue where "Show notification after successful update" setting was not properly retained during upgrade from v.2.1.4 to v.2.1.6
    • Fixed issue where "Close notification" setting was not retained during upgrade from v. 2.1.4 to v.2.1.6 if the user had changed that setting back to 7 seconds after installing v.2.1.4
    • Fixed issue on the Quarantine screen where unselecting a quarantined item disabled the Delete and Restore buttons
    • Fixed issue where incorrect program version was listed in the scan logs
    • Disabled option to specify rootkit scanning as part of a Hyper scan
    • Fixed issue in Windows 10 Tech Preview and Windows 8.1 where Malwarebytes Anti-Malware was unable to start in certain cases after self-protection was turned on
    • Fixed issue where Malwarebytes Chameleon did not load properly on Windows XP SP3 in certain conditions
    • Fixed issue which prevented Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v.2.1.4 (and higher) from upgrading over certain Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v.1.75 consumer builds

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
89528 Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Stand Alone Beta Latest beta version 1.09.1.1362 / 21 March 2017 Download page*** Changelog: This build has the following important fixes: 1. Fix to work around a conflict introduced by McAfee HIPS in...
Solved Latest version of Java in Software and Apps
Download Java for Windows Recommended Version 8 Update 121 Release Date January 17, 2017 117553 Verify Java and Find Out-of-Date Versions Check to ensure that you have the recommended version of Java installed on your Windows computer...
Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware BETA 8 Version: 0.9.17.661 Release Date: September 6th 2016 Information and Download: New version - BETA 8 - now available! - Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Forums
Confirm latest Win 10 version in Windows Updates and Activation
I have been away from my home in South Africa for over a month, visiting family in the UK & Ireland. I did not have my Win10 Pro 64-bit laptop with me while I was away from home. Is this the latest version of Win 10 available? 83978
Hello. Windows Defender did something nasty to my machine and now I cannot access the Internet through any browser although my system shows I have connection. Just get the nutty "This webpage is not available" with "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums