Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
  1.    29 Jan 2017 #341
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Posts : 358
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I installed ver. 3.0.6. It is very slow to start. Anyone else seen this?
    Update - I removed ver 3.06 and reinstalled ver 3.05. Ver 3.06 was taking about 40 seconds to load. Ver 3.05 is instant.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    29 Jan 2017 #342
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    I decided to try Malwarebytes on my Insider build again. I did get one error when trying to install but I chose Ignore and it installed OK. I have it activated with my Lifetime key. So far I haven't experienced any problems. If I do I'll deactivate and uninstall it. I did notice that Windows defender is turned off now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Jan 2017 #343
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Covington, Louisiana
    Posts : 735
    Windows 10 1703 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I decided to try Malwarebytes on my Insider build again. I did get one error when trying to install but I chose Ignore and it installed OK. I have it activated with my Lifetime key. So far I haven't experienced any problems. If I do I'll deactivate and uninstall it. I did notice that Windows defender is turned off now.
    That's not good. MB should not have caused WD to be turned off. MB is designed to work with other AV's.

    Jim
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Jan 2017 #344
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 177
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I decided to try Malwarebytes on my Insider build again. I did get one error when trying to install but I chose Ignore and it installed OK. I have it activated with my Lifetime key. So far I haven't experienced any problems. If I do I'll deactivate and uninstall it. I did notice that Windows defender is turned off now.
    In my regular user account all settings for Defender are grayed out as they should be; but both Real time and Cloud based protections are in the On position and when Defender is opened it shows Real time protection as on. If working correctly MBAM 3 will play nice with Defender.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    30 Jan 2017 #345
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    I decided to deactivate MBAM and use the free version which does not do full time protection. Windows Defender turned itself off because MBAM 3.0+ apparently is now a A.V. Once I deactivated MBAM Windows Defender turned itself back on. Seeing how I'm on a Insider build and will keep getting updated I'm going to only use the free MBAM version. I'll install and activate MBAM on my OEM build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    30 Jan 2017 #346
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 177
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I decided to deactivate MBAM and use the free version which does not do full time protection. Windows Defender turned itself off because MBAM 3.0+ apparently is now a A.V. Once I deactivated MBAM Windows Defender turned itself back on. Seeing how I'm on a Insider build and will keep getting updated I'm going to only use the free MBAM version. I'll install and activate MBAM on my OEM build.
    Winuser, on the machine where MBAM disables Windows Defender I wonder what the setting is in MBAM for registering with Windows Action Center. From the MBAM 3 FAQ:

    Question: "Since Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium can be considered an anti-virus replacement, will it register itself in Windows Security Center in order for Windows to recognize it as security software?

    Answer: We have designed an innovative approach that allows us to run both as a recognized and certified/compliant primary line of defense as well as a layered or complement to other third-party security applications. Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium will only register in Windows Security Center if there is a third-party anti-virus program registered (i.e. a non-Microsoft anti-virus program). If there is a Microsoft anti registered and active, we will not register in Windows Security Center in order to preserve the benefit of layered security. If desired, users will be able to go into Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium Settings and change this behavior to force Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium to either “always register” or “never register”."

    Might want to check the MBAM Settings>Application tab and near the bottom is the setting for Windows Action Center (MBAM is confusing here in that they change terms from Windows Security Center here to Windows Action Center in the app).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    01 Feb 2017 #347
    Join Date : May 2016
    FL, USA
    Posts : 148
    Windows 10-Pro 64bit

    MBAM 3.0.6.1469 is terrible.
    Everyone is having problems on every version of Windows.

    Startup wouldn't even complete today, taskbar was empty.
    Had to crash the machine & restart. Before I remove it, am trying this: Settings---My Account--Deactivate license.
    This will turn off real-time protection.

    If this doesn't work, am going back to the older versions.
    They want a paid subscription for something that doesn't work?
    Products like this will put them out of business, don't waste your money.

    UPDATE
    This worked on 6 machines: Settings---My Account--Deactivate license
    Right click in tray: uncheck "Start with Windows"
    It now works like ver 2.
    Last edited by Comp Cmndo; 03 Feb 2017 at 10:39.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    06 Feb 2017 #348
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 56
    windows 10 home

    Not sure if I should be starting a new post or adding to this one.
    My MB is stuck on V3.05 yet V3.06 is now available.

    About 10 days or so ago I had the little red triangle stuck on the MB tray icon and a warning box saying something about REAL TIME PROCESSES are turned off?
    Turned out I had some how got 2 processes turned off being - Error 1- Remote Procedure Call (RPC) & Error 2- Windows Management Instrumentation (might also becalled WMI).
    Switching them back on fixed the problem.
    Now the red triangle is back with the same error but this time the processes above are turned on? However the web protedtion is off and just stays trying to turn on.
    I noticed the Version update was newer but I can not do it?

    What am I to do, I have Life time cover but don't have it working.
    Seems a little disappointing as previously it just sat there working away quietly in the background until this supposed bees knees version which has done nothing but cause me grief.

    Any advice greatly appreciated.

    PS I still have AVG internet Security running which they have previously said would be compatible. I'm going to try turning it off briefly to see if it fires up.

    Many thanks

    Barnaby
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    06 Feb 2017 #349
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,006
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby44 View Post
    Not sure if I should be starting a new post or adding to this one.
    My MB is stuck on V3.05 yet V3.06 is now available.

    About 10 days or so ago I had the little red triangle stuck on the MB tray icon and a warning box saying something about REAL TIME PROCESSES are turned off?
    Turned out I had some how got 2 processes turned off being - Error 1- Remote Procedure Call (RPC) & Error 2- Windows Management Instrumentation (might also becalled WMI).
    Switching them back on fixed the problem.
    Now the red triangle is back with the same error but this time the processes above are turned on? However the web protedtion is off and just stays trying to turn on.
    I noticed the Version update was newer but I can not do it?

    What am I to do, I have Life time cover but don't have it working.
    Seems a little disappointing as previously it just sat there working away quietly in the background until this supposed bees knees version which has done nothing but cause me grief.

    Any advice greatly appreciated.

    Many thanks

    Barnaby
    Just download the latest version from MB and run the install....link below. It will install right over your existing MB
    https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3


      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    06 Feb 2017 #350
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 56
    windows 10 home

    Wow many thanks Mike that was super fast.
    I'll do that right now and report back.

    Best

    Barnaby
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit
89528 Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Stand Alone Beta Latest beta version 1.11 Build 45 29 Nov 2017 ***Download page*** Changelog:
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Solved Latest version of Java
Download Java for Windows Recommended Version 8 Update 151 Release Date 08 October 2017 145927 Java 8 Update 151 (8u151)Release Highlights
Software and Apps
Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware
Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware BETA 8 Version: 0.9.17.661 Release Date: September 6th 2016 Information and Download: New version - BETA 8 - now available! - Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Forums
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Confirm latest Win 10 version
I have been away from my home in South Africa for over a month, visiting family in the UK & Ireland. I did not have my Win10 Pro 64-bit laptop with me while I was away from home. Is this the latest version of Win 10 available? 83978
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Problems installing Malwarebytes v2.2.0.1024 latest for Win 10
Hello. Windows Defender did something nasty to my machine and now I cannot access the Internet through any browser although my system shows I have connection. Just get the nutty "This webpage is not available" with "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"....
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums