Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    24 Feb 2016 #1
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 286
    windows 10 pro x64 stable build

    eset and windows defender are both turned on


    Eset smart security says it is working properly, and windows security center says both are turned on.
    what to do? Leave it that way? If not, how to turn off defender?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    24 Feb 2016 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,314
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by shmu26 View Post
    Eset smart security says it is working properly, and windows security center says both are turned on.
    what to do? Leave it that way? If not, how to turn off defender?
    Sounds like Eset is replacing your Windows Firewall, so that should be turned off, and Defender is running as your AV for protection.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    24 Feb 2016 #3
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 286
    windows 10 pro x64 stable build
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Sounds like Eset is replacing your Windows Firewall, so that should be turned off, and Defender is running as your AV for protection.
    eset is running as firewall, and that's okay with me.
    now windows defender turned itself off, but is complaining about that.
    It does not seem to be detecting eset properly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    24 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,314
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by shmu26 View Post
    eset is running as firewall, and that's okay with me.
    now windows defender turned itself off, but is complaining about that.
    It does not seem to be detecting eset properly.
    Ok try a reboot and see what happens.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    24 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 286
    windows 10 pro x64 stable build
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Ok try a reboot and see what happens.
    I am after the reboot
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    24 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,314
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by shmu26 View Post
    I am after the reboot
    So just what is defender reporting?? post a screenshot if ya can
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    24 Feb 2016 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,314
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    As I have never run Eset, I'm not familiar with its settings, is this a paid program? If its a firewall AND AV then it could be conflicting with Defender.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    24 Feb 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 286
    windows 10 pro x64 stable build
    Thread Starter

    yes, after the trial period is over, it is a paid program. it used to be known as nod32 or something like that. It's a pretty popular program worldwide, I think, but I am considering uninstalling it at this point, because aside from the issue I posted about here, it also seems to have interfered with a pretty innocuous child's game called super mario that my kids like to play.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    24 Feb 2016 #9
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,314
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by shmu26 View Post
    yes, after the trial period is over, it is a paid program. it used to be known as nod32 or something like that. It's a pretty popular program worldwide, I think, but I am considering uninstalling it at this point, because aside from the issue I posted about here, it also seems to have interfered with a pretty innocuous child's game called super mario that my kids like to play.
    I suppose you could go thru all of Esets settings to see if you can change some of the defaults, to allow you to run the programs you want. I would think their should be options for you in Eset to choose what it monitors. ? But on the other side, lots of our members here only run Windows Firewall and Defender, along with the Free version of Malwarebytes.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    24 Feb 2016 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 286
    windows 10 pro x64 stable build
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Lots of our members here only run Windows Firewall and Defender, along with the Free version of Malwarebytes.
    I am doing just that on my main machine, but on my wife's machine, she doesn't like to have to worry about security concerns. she has enough on her mind. So I prefer to have a AV program that will do the hard thinking, just in case she doesn't.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Can Windows Defender be turned on in Windows 10 Home?
Since Home doesn't have Group Policy (the standard way to turn on Windows Defender), I tried the registry hack offered by Windows 10 Forums. It didn't turn on Windows Defender either. Can Windows Defender be turned on in Windows 10 Home?
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Solved Windows Defender Cannot Be Turned Off
As I use a proprietary antirvirus, and on a whim, I just thought to check my Windows Defender setting, only to find to find that it was turned on*. (I could swear I turned it off, sometime in the past. I was further surprised to find that the On/Off...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Can't disable "Windows Defender: This app is turned off..." Message
Hello! I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently on two separate PCs. After the upgrade, I installed Bit Defender Internet Security on both of them. My problem though is with only one of the two machines. On one of the PC's, as Windows...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Defender is turned on , but doesn't run.
Hi, I have windows Defender turned on (by default presumably) but it's greyed out and the slider is not active. Win 10 prompts me with an info box at start up saying Defender is turned off. This is a little odd. Just MS making decisions for me...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums