Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    17 Feb 2016 #21
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,389
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Not sure about what kind of options "Freecommander" has or how good it is at searching for file names. I use an app called Everything which is free of course. It can find any file name you put in, then gives you many choices as what you can do. This includes hidden files too. http://www.voidtools.com/ If you decide to check it out, grab the newest BETA as its better.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    17 Feb 2016 #22
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Posts : 11

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Pale Moon - that's a custom Firefox-type browser, right? Can you see if there's a proxy set in there for openyes? Or maybe reset the browser to default? Check what add-ons are installed?
    Please see if these instructions help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    17 Feb 2016 #23
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Not sure about what kind of options "Freecommander" has or how good it is at searching for file names. I use an app called Everything which is free of course. It can find any file name you put in, then gives you many choices as what you can do. This includes hidden files too. http://www.voidtools.com/ If you decide to check it out, grab the newest BETA as its better.
    Thanks for recommending the Everything search program. I'm amazed at how fast it does a search.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    17 Feb 2016 #24
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    This is what I have done so far. I booted into Safe Mode and ran Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. The only thing they found was some tracking cookies. Then I ran a online scan from the Eset web page and nothing was found. Then I ran CCleaner and cleaned some files. Then I rebooted back into Windows 10. I ran RKill then tried Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware and ADWCleaner. Then in Pale Moon and Edge I cleared all history. I tried using Regedit to look for anything in the registry. It froze so I downloaded Registry Finder and it didn't find anything in the registry. So Far I haven't see the warning pop up. Hopefully it's gone off of my system. If I still get the warning message I'll do a clean install and start all over again. Thanks everyone for the help. Much appreciated. Openyes.info must be new because there is very little information about it on the web.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 Feb 2016 #25
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,389
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    Thanks for recommending the Everything search program. I'm amazed at how fast it does a search.
    Glad you gave it a try, it's one of my favorite tools I use in Windows.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    17 Feb 2016 #26
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,588
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    This is what I have done so far. I booted into Safe Mode and ran Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. The only thing they found was some tracking cookies. Then I ran a online scan from the Eset web page and nothing was found. Then I ran CCleaner and cleaned some files. Then I rebooted back into Windows 10. I ran RKill then tried Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware and ADWCleaner. Then in Pale Moon and Edge I cleared all history. I tried using Regedit to look for anything in the registry. It froze so I downloaded Registry Finder and it didn't find anything in the registry. So Far I haven't see the warning pop up. Hopefully it's gone off of my system. If I still get the warning message I'll do a clean install and start all over again. Thanks everyone for the help. Much appreciated. Openyes.info must be new because there is very little information about it on the web.
    Sounds like it may be gone, but gosh, if it shows up again - before you go doing a clean install, did you reset Pale Moon and Edge and check your hosts file?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 Feb 2016 #27
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Sounds like it may be gone, but gosh, if it shows up again - before you go doing a clean install, did you reset Pale Moon and Edge and check your hosts file?
    Thanks! I'll definitely try a reset first. I honestly don't know if it's something with Pale Moon or if it was showing up because I used Pale Moon to search the net for openyes.info. I haven't seen it at all today so hopefully I removed it. I don't even know when it started . If I don't hover the mouse cursor over the message box it disappears quickly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    18 Feb 2016 #28
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    In a house with a crazy cat trying to kill me
    Posts : 16,151
    Win 7 32, Win 7 64 Pro, Win 8.1 64 Pro, Win 10 64 Education Edition

    If you want to check all you processes running to see if they are safe, there is a quick & easy way to do it.

    First, d/l Process explorer, it's free. When you run it you will see all the processes listed along with various info on them.

    Process Explorer

    If you want to check a process through VirusTotal, r click the process & select "Check VirusTotal", it will show you the results in the r hand column labeled Virus Total.

    You can also check them all at once by going to Options/VirusTotal.com & Check VirusTotal.com. This will check all processes & show the results in the R Hand column.
    Last edited by Borg 386; 18 Feb 2016 at 10:12.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    18 Feb 2016 #29
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Borg 386 View Post
    If you want to check all you processes running to see if they are safe, there is a quick & easy way to do it.

    First, d/l Process explorer, it's free. When you run it you will see all the processes listed along with various info on them.

    Process Explorer

    If you want to check a process through VirusTotal, r click the process & select "Check VirusTotal", it will show you the results in the r hand column labeled Virus Total.

    You can also check them all at once by going to Options/VirusTotal.com & Check VirusTotal.com. This will check all processes & show the results in the R Hand column.
    Thanks! Process Explorer is a handy little program to have. First time I ran it it kept crashing. I found out it needs to be run as administrator. If I'm reading it correctly there were a couple of processes that were flagged with a 1/53 and 1/54. I clicked on them to see the report. I know what they are and they are safe. I think I may have solved the problem. I'll wait until tomorrow and if I don't get any warnings I'll mark this as solved.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    05 Mar 2016 #30
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Update on my quest for openyes.info. I'm going to mark this thread as solved because I haven't had the warning popup since my last post. Now if you do a Google search for openyes.info there are web pages that give very vague instructions for removing openyes.info in Windows Add/Remove Programs. I find it strange that this info wasn't available 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Winuser; 05 Mar 2016 at 10:32.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Win 10 & Office Build info, tracking, downloads, win updates - Info
Just for reference purposes For those who are interested in viewing the status or tracking of Windows 10 & Office with respect to builds, packages, official updates, ESD's, etc., you can visit the following page via the link below. I did...
Installation and Upgrade
AFS Error Info
When I click to start some programs, I get this AFS Error Info window. After clicking OK, I then get the UAC window. Except for the extra step, nothing goes wrong--it's just annoying. Sometimes programs requiring a UAC show this AFS error, sometimes...
General Support
Need info on how to repair problems (chkdsk info)
Hello, i ran a chkdsk and as you can see this is what it says , i don't know how to proceed with this. Thank you for your help
Performance & Maintenance
Install Info
www.microsoft.com\en-gb\software-download\windows10 www.microsoft.com\en-us\software-download\windows10 Adjust accordingly to region if you want. Select upgrade if first time before activation. No need to wait for GWX notification. Do not...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums