Windows 10: openyes.info Solved

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 12,432
    W10Prox64
       16 Feb 2016 #11

    Winuser said: View Post
    I did find out it's trying to connect to the Netherlands. If the message pops up I'll try to get a screen shot.
    Okay!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 15,627
    Win 7 32, Win 7 64 Pro, Win 8.1 64 Pro, Win 10 64 Education Edition
       17 Feb 2016 #12

    Winuser said: View Post
    The programs on my list of suspects are CyberGhost, eM Client, Genie9, and IObit Uninstaller. CyberGhost isn't running but the other programs are running in the background.
    IObit has had several articles written about it using shady tactics. That might be a good suspect there. I know this is not the exact program you have, but being it is an IObit product, you may want to put it on the suspect list.

    If you want a uninstaller program, suggest you go with Revo. It is free & effective. Be sure to read the documentation as using it incorrectly can hose your OS.

    Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems


    For those who may be unaware; IObit is the Chinese software company accused of stealing intellectual property from Malwarebytes some time back.

    Now, with the release of Malware Fighter, I believe my stance has been vindicated. Why? Because IObit Malware Fighter wants to change the default home page and search engine, and comes bundled with a variety of PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs). In a program described as being ‘anti-mlaware’, this type of behavior must surely be the epitome of antithesis. Or hypocrisy perhaps.
    Beware: IObit Malware Fighter |

    Additional tools I would suggest are RKill & AdwCleaner to see what they find.

    When you run RKill it will attempt to terminate any malware processes & show which ones it did. DO NOT REBOOT after running Rkill.

    RKill Download

    As RKill only terminates a program's running process, and does not delete any files, after running it you should not reboot your computer as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again. Instead, after running RKill you should immediately scan your computer using some sort of anti-malware or anti-virus program so that the infections can be properly removed.
    AdwCleaner Download

    AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using AdwCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.

    The types of programs that AdwCleaner targets are typically bundled with free programs that you download from the web. In many cases when you download and install a program, the install will state that these programs will be installed along with the program you downloaded. Unless you perform a Custom install, these unwanted programs will automatically be installed on your computer leaving you with extra browser toolbars, adware, and other unwanted programs. AdwCleaner is designed to search for and remove these types of programs.
    Last edited by Borg 386; 17 Feb 2016 at 08:44.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 4,771
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       17 Feb 2016 #13

    This is off topic.
    Just want to mention about Revo Uninstaller.
    I used it couple of times a few years back, but not recent 2 years.

    Yesterday I tried to uninstall Google Chrome via Programs and Features.
    I couldn't. Google Chrome kept saying there was another Google program running and I was to close it first.
    There wasn't any other program running. Period.
    Finally, I installed the recent version of Revo Uninstaller and it got rid of Chrome in a flash.
    Not only that, it also asked to search for remnants in the registry. I consented and it found 7 or 10 of them. I deleted them and now I am "Chrome free ".
    Last edited by davidhk; 17 Feb 2016 at 09:24.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 15,627
    Win 7 32, Win 7 64 Pro, Win 8.1 64 Pro, Win 10 64 Education Edition
       17 Feb 2016 #14

    Glad to hear you had a good experience with it. Yes, it does a good job of finding everything. Most uninstallers will leave reg keys/files scattered across your system. Revo is pretty thorough in finding everything. Your best bet is to use the advanced option, but you also need to be careful as you can hose your system if you check the wrong reg keys.

    Anyone who is going to be using this down the road, be aware, when the reg keys are presented for deletion, only select the BOLDED ones. If you select the non bolded ones you risk hosing the OS.

    Here is a link to a users guide that will help anyone using this program down the road:

    http://www.revouninstaller.com/manua...are%20Help.pdf
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4,771
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       17 Feb 2016 #15

    Yea. Thank you.
    I forgot to mention the ones in BOLD prints only.
    Thank you for pointing out this crucial fact.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    17 Feb 2016 #16

    I'm still trying to track down where this file is located. I did a search in FreeCommander XE for openyes. It found 67 entries. Most were log files for Malwarebytes and a few were listed in AppData\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\ydu7aa3.default. I'm going to use Edge for awhile and see if I still get the warning. According to the listing for the Malwarebytes this goes back to December 2015 when I bought the computer. I'm going to search my other computers to see if they list openyes.info. If they don't I'll see what programs I have on this computer that I don't have installed on them. IObit Uninstaller is definitely going to be uninstalled. I'm tired of every update if your not careful their SystemCare Program gets installed. I forgot all about AdwCleaner. I never used RKill, I'll give it a try. What surprises me is that there is so little info on openyes.info.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    17 Feb 2016 #17

    davidhk said: View Post
    This is off topic.
    Just want to mention about Revo Uninstaller.
    I used it couple of times a few years back, but not recent 2 years.

    Yesterday I tried to uninstall Google Chrome via Programs and Features.
    I couldn't. Google Chrome kept saying there was another Google program running and I was to close it first.
    There wasn't any other program running. Period.
    Finally, I installed the recent version of Revo Uninstaller and it got rid of Chrome in a flash.
    Not only that, it also asked to search for remnants in the registry. I consented and it found 7 or 10 of them. I deleted them and now I am "Chrome free ".
    I agree with you 100% I actually bought Revo years ago, they come out with updates about once a year, unless their is a bug reported. Also, never had a problem letting Revo Clean my registry. But, this is another good reason to make image backups regularly
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 x64 Home Build (Redstone(1)) 15063.608
       17 Feb 2016 #18

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    I agree with you 100% I actually bought Revo years ago, they come out with updates about once a year, unless their is a bug reported. Also, never had a problem letting Revo Clean my registry. But, this is another good reason to make image backups regularly
    Because not long ago you gave a good recommendation to someone I installed and paid for it.
    All I can say it certainly does its job 100% and so glad I now have it
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    17 Feb 2016 #19

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Because not long ago you gave a good recommendation to someone I installed and paid for it.
    All I can say it certainly does its job 100% and so glad I now have it
    Very glad to hear Don, Wish more folks would install Revo
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 12,432
    W10Prox64
       17 Feb 2016 #20

    Winuser said: View Post
    I'm still trying to track down where this file is located. I did a search in FreeCommander XE for openyes. It found 67 entries. Most were log files for Malwarebytes and a few were listed in AppData\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\ydu7aa3.default. I'm going to use Edge for awhile and see if I still get the warning. According to the listing for the Malwarebytes this goes back to December 2015 when I bought the computer. I'm going to search my other computers to see if they list openyes.info. If they don't I'll see what programs I have on this computer that I don't have installed on them. IObit Uninstaller is definitely going to be uninstalled. I'm tired of every update if your not careful their SystemCare Program gets installed. I forgot all about AdwCleaner. I never used RKill, I'll give it a try. What surprises me is that there is so little info on openyes.info.
    Pale Moon - that's a custom Firefox-type browser, right? Can you see if there's a proxy set in there for openyes? Or maybe reset the browser to default? Check what add-ons are installed?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Just for reference purposes For those who are interested in viewing the status or tracking of Windows 10 & Office with respect to builds, packages, official updates, ESD's, etc., you can visit the following page via the link below. I did...
AFS Error Info in General Support
When I click to start some programs, I get this AFS Error Info window. After clicking OK, I then get the UAC window. Except for the extra step, nothing goes wrong--it's just annoying. Sometimes programs requiring a UAC show this AFS error, sometimes...
Hello, i ran a chkdsk and as you can see this is what it says , i don't know how to proceed with this. Thank you for your help
Install Info in Installation and Upgrade
www.microsoft.com\en-gb\software-download\windows10 www.microsoft.com\en-us\software-download\windows10 Adjust accordingly to region if you want. Select upgrade if first time before activation. No need to wait for GWX notification. Do not...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:19.
Find Us