What antivirus are you using? Free or Paid?

View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows Defender

    48 39.34%
  • AVG

    5 4.10%
  • ZoneAlarm

    0 0%
  • Panda

    3 2.46%
  • Avast

    13 10.66%
  • Bitdefender

    7 5.74%
  • Avira

    5 4.10%
  • Other (Name it)

    41 33.61%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

  1. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #91

    Been using Qihoo's 360 Total Security (Free version) for better than one year, and, it would be hard to get me to change, frankly. Loaded with extras, does not slow down system, effective!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 353
    Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64
       #92

    I use free versions of:

    Avast on Win 7
    Avira on Win 8.1
    Panda on Win 10 RTM
    Windows Defender on Win 10 Insider

    They all work fine for me.
    The built in Windows Defender is the one i dislike most, it is too hard to control/configure (for me).
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7,457
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #93

    MDD1963 said:
    Been using Qihoo's 360 Total Security (Free version) for better than one year, and, it would be hard to get me to change, frankly. Loaded with extras, does not slow down system, effective!
    This Chinese guy does not have much trust in this Chinese software.

    DavidE said:
    The built in Windows Defender is the one i dislike most, it is too hard to control/configure (for me).
    I am using this one.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 353
    Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64
       #94

    I think most folks here use and recommend WD, and that's fine.
    I have problems with it because of what i see in Process Explorer and Task Scheduler history.
    I posted about this before, and found a fix for me.
    I don't think i should have to use Group Policy to control an AV program.
    Maybe things have changed since then, but here's my old thread/issue/question:
    Solved Build 10074 Windows Defender scheduled task scans ? - Windows 10 Forums

    Everyone should use whatever works best for them.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 256
    Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
       #95

    Right now I am using Eset Nod 32
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 305
    Windows 10
       #96

    Edward said:
    Right now I am using Eset Nod 32
    Edward, how well does that work? Over a decade ago, I bought a new computer with Nod 32 installed. It was the full version. It ran well, but after several months, it stopped running and refused to start. It was not a trial version, and I received no notifications that I needed to pay for a subscription.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 7,457
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #97

    It does not enable itself after being disabled by me.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 38
    Windows 10
       #98

    Using Windows Defender. Haven't come across with a virus that it wasn't able to detect...yet, so I guess I'll stick with it for the time being. And probably because my laptop is new. But I guess I'll be satisfied with it.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 7,457
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #99

    Krimstix said:
    Using Windows Defender. Haven't come across with a virus that it wasn't able to detect...yet
    I have come across very different opinions on a Chinese forum.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 256
    Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
       #100

    Vince Massi said:
    Edward, how well does that work? Over a decade ago, I bought a new computer with Nod 32 installed. It was the full version. It ran well, but after several months, it stopped running and refused to start. It was not a trial version, and I received no notifications that I needed to pay for a subscription.
    It works fine on my PC and it's fast removing any threats :)
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums