Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    29 Dec 2015 #1

    Malware Alert


    There is a file called ShowKeyPlus v105835 Portable.7z doing the rounds.
    It appears to contain a downloader, possibly to steal keys. (Was just a matter of time, I suppose )

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	55859
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    29 Dec 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Now this stinks... thanks for the update.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Dec 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)

    Hi:

    Have you submitted it to VirusTotal, by any chance?

    <just asking>

    MM
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Dec 2015 #4

    Quote Originally Posted by MoxieMomma View Post
    Hi:

    Have you submitted it to VirusTotal, by any chance?

    <just asking>

    MM
    I didn't feel the need intially, but out of curiosity here are the results:

    https://www.virustotal.com/ro/file/2...is/1451378603/

    https://www.virustotal.com/ro/url/52...77c8/analysis/

    ..and Bitdefender TrafficLight reports this for the DNS request site listed:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.PNG 
Views:	64 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	55870
    Last edited by Superfly; 29 Dec 2015 at 03:48. Reason: Corrected first link
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Dec 2015 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)

    Thanks.

    It looks as if MBAM already detects the bugger (which is what I wanted to see).
    But I will report the URL to their "IP/web" team for possible inclusion in the malicious IP/domain database.

    Much obliged,

    MM
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    29 Dec 2015 #6

    Quote Originally Posted by MoxieMomma View Post
    Thanks.

    It looks as if MBAM already detects the bugger (which is what I wanted to see).
    But I will report the URL to their "IP/web" team for possible inclusion in the malicious IP/domain database.

    Much obliged,

    MM
    Cool... Thanx
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    29 Dec 2015 #7
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,929
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10

    be sure to post this warning in big bold letters on your forum posts and your website....
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Dec 2015 #8
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,011
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyhi View Post
    be sure to post this warning in big bold letters on your forum posts and your website....
    Craig, also maybe add the warning to your signatures, in all forums you participate in, to use. the download link you post, and don't forget to warn an hosting sites too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    29 Dec 2015 #9
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Craig, also maybe add the warning to your signatures, in all forums you participate in, to use. the download link you post, and don't forget to warn an hosting sites too.
    If we/I posted all the possible warnings the sig would be a mile long and I doubt John would let that fly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    29 Dec 2015 #10
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,011
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    If we/I posted all the possible warnings the sig would be a mile long and I doubt John would let that fly.
    I meant just Craig, and that he just makes a short warning to only use link in his sig....
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Device Manager alert
I installed Win10 Pro x64 from scratch on my desktop computer and that is the only OS I have on that computer. The Device Manager shows an alert - please check the attachment. I have Nvidia Geforce 9400 and have updated the drivers. How can I...
Drivers and Hardware
Second Try - Office 365 Alert Problem
Office 365 Alert Problem Windows 10 and Office 365 seem to not like each other in one respect important to me. I have had DestopAlerts TimeOn set in regedit...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums