Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    16 Dec 2015 #11
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,648
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    The patch has been out since the end of November except not everyone has gotten it via liveupdate yet. I'm still on 22.5.4.24. The installers are all older versions but the objective is to get it working in Windows 10 first and let it update on it's own after doing the live updates manually.
    The patch I got was my 2nd one in last 2 weeks, so even thou the version # has not changed, Norton did give me a 2nd new patch 2 days ago. What the patch did....no idea.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    16 Dec 2015 #12
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 40
    Currently 8.1
    Thread Starter

    Thanks for the update people.

    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    16 Dec 2015 #13
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 951
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    The patch I got was my 2nd one in last 2 weeks, so even thou the version # has not changed, Norton did give me a 2nd new patch 2 days ago. What the patch did....no idea.
    When the 22.5.5.15 patch was announced, I was already on 22.5.4.24 and had the problem with the greyed out autoprotect that 22.5.5.15 fixed. Liveupdate did say it upgraded the engine but I remained at 22.5.4.24 but the autoprotect problem was gone so I'm not in a hurry for the 22.5.5.15 as apparently I got updated to the same version except some files were changed in the engine. I might have newer updates too but as of now it's still 22.5.4.24 and I'm using Norton Security 2016. I just wished they updated the installers as just like Windows Update, the liveupdate is done in phases except it was announced on November 26, 2015 and it's almost a month.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    16 Dec 2015 #14
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,648
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    When the 22.5.5.15 patch was announced, I was already on 22.5.4.24 and had the problem with the greyed out autoprotect that 22.5.5.15 fixed. Liveupdate did say it upgraded the engine but I remained at 22.5.4.24 but the autoprotect problem was gone so I'm not in a hurry for the 22.5.5.15 as apparently I got updated to the same version except some files were changed in the engine. I might have newer updates too but as of now it's still 22.5.4.24 and I'm using Norton Security 2016. I just wished they updated the installers as just like Windows Update, the liveupdate is done in phases except it was announced on November 26, 2015 and it's almost a month.
    Then that's maybe our difference, as mine is Norton 360 Premier. All thou even before these last 2 patches, I was having no problems with Norton & Windows 10.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    16 Dec 2015 #15
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 951
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Then that's maybe our difference, as mine is Norton 360 Premier. All thou even before these last 2 patches, I was having no problems with Norton & Windows 10.
    I actually was running Norton 360 Premier 22.5.4.24 until a month ago and I always had that problem ever since August 2015 while 22.5 worked fine under Windows 7 HP without problems. Something else is triggering that problem which 22.5.4.24 was supposed to fixed but apparently didn't. Symantec has always been a little on the buggy side with their products compared to Peter Norton Computing as I and others have experienced for the last 27+ years, they turned good products into buggy ones with their acquisitions of Delrina (WinFax), Norton (Norton Utilities) and the other tools from Quarterdeck and the company that made the product that became Norton Ghost.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    16 Dec 2015 #16
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,648
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    I actually was running Norton 360 Premier 22.5.4.24 until a month ago and I always had that problem ever since August 2015 while 22.5 worked fine under Windows 7 HP without problems. Something else is triggering that problem which 22.5.4.24 was supposed to fixed but apparently didn't. Symantec has always been a little on the buggy side with their products compared to Peter Norton Computing as I and others have experienced for the last 27+ years, they turned good products into buggy ones with their acquisitions of Delrina (WinFax), Norton (Norton Utilities) and the other tools from Quarterdeck and the company that made the product that became Norton Ghost.
    Like I said earlier My Norton has NO problems, why you did, I have no idea. I also have reinstalled my version twice, completely removing previous ones, then reinstalling same version again. Had to remove Norton before I did my clean install of Windows 10 Pro. Then after installing Windows 10, I ran Windows firewall and defender for about 3 to 4 days, then reinstalled my Norton again. And I always use Norton's un-install app which completely removes Norton. All I know is I have no problems running Norton with Windows 10 Pro what-so-ever!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    16 Dec 2015 #17
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 951
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Like I said earlier My Norton has NO problems, why you did, I have no idea. I also have reinstalled my version twice, completely removing previous ones, then reinstalling same version again. Had to remove Norton before I did my clean install of Windows 10 Pro. Then after installing Windows 10, I ran Windows firewall and defender for about 3 to 4 days, then reinstalled my Norton again. And I always use Norton's un-install app which completely removes Norton. All I know is I have no problems running Norton with Windows 10 Pro what-so-ever!!!
    Except you're in the minority, just like with Norton 360 before, some people had Norton's icon show up twice which never got fixed, I saw that problem before too but it disappeared on it's own. Otherwise it wouldn't be on the critical fix list as what both 22.5.4.x and 22.5.5.x fixes. This has nothing to do with installing or uninstalling as it is conflicting with something.
    Just saying it works with Windows 10 doesn't mean much as it all depends on how many applications and what applications you have installed. There are normal users and there are power users. My system is not the typical system either as I have a few hundred applications installed so all OSes and A/V's will get pushed to it's limits.

    It's listed under Hotfixes:
    HOT ISSUES FIXES - NIS/NAV/N360 22.5 | Norton Community
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 or 2016?
Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2016 does not appear on the Kaspersky UK page yet. Can KIS 2015 be used in Windows 10 and is it reliable pending UK support for KIS 2016?
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Funky Problem with Norton Internet Security
I am a registered user of Norton, and although it claims to be compatible with Windows 10 I am running into a strange problem. This actually affects Chrome, not Windows 10, and it only happens occasionally after waking from sleep. Basically, if...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Solved Norton Double Header Free Trials: Norton Utilities and Norton Security
Try them free for 30 days. Norton Security ask an email and a password to send the product key validation. Also, you need the email and the password to complete the installation. Norton Utilities won't ask anything. You'll be ask to reboot:...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
April 2015 security updates for Internet Explorer
Source: April 2015 security updates for Internet Explorer - IEBlog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
Windows 10 News
February 2015 security updates for Internet Explorer
Source: February 2015 security updates for Internet Explorer - IEBlog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:57.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums