Windows 10 Mail App Sends Mails Without My Permission

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Be4stElectrjc's Avatar
    Posts : 155
    Windows 10
       #1

    Windows 10 Mail App Sends Mails Without My Permission


    I am afraid that's a malware. What can i do? I use kaspersky internet security and malwarebytes. I have tried adwcleaner and junkware removal tool, i can't use combofix because i am on 10. A message like this:

    Hey!

    New message, please read ...
    Last edited by Be4stElectrjc; 08 Nov 2015 at 06:46.
      My Computer

  2. Be4stElectrjc's Avatar
    Posts : 155
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #2

    Anyone?
      My Computer

  3. hTconeM9user's Avatar
    Posts : 2,772
    Windows 10x64 Home Version 1909 (Build 18363) 900
       #3

    Hi can you please update your system specs.

    Also what you have posted makes no sense

    You put it is sending mail without your permission

    Then another message

    New message please read.

    You don't have by any chance
    Auto reply ticked do you as that will do what you describe

    Please supply as much information as you can.

    Has this only just started happening
      My Computer

  4. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,396
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       #4

    Be4stElectrjc said:
    I am afraid that's a malware. What can i do? I use kaspersky internet security and malwarebytes. I have tried adwcleaner and junkware removal tool, i can't use combofix because i am on 10. A message like this:

    Hey!

    New message, please read ...
    If you have run Kaspersky and Malwarebytes and problem still persists, then it is possible your Hotmail account has been hacked.

    Perhaps, you should stop using that account,
    and create a new Hotmail email address,
    then inform your friends, relatives and business associates of the new email address.

    Adding................. although " close the Hotmail account " sounds a very logical action, it really does not solve anything.
    If you were hacked, the hacker had your contact list. He/she could continue sending emails to your contacts.
    The only way to prevent your contacts from being scammed is to inform them of the fact and of your new email address.
      My Computer

  5. Be4stElectrjc's Avatar
    Posts : 155
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    hTconeM9user said:
    Hi can you please update your system specs.

    Also what you have posted makes no sense

    You put it is sending mail without your permission

    Then another message

    New message please read.

    You don't have by any chance
    Auto reply ticked do you as that will do what you describe

    Please supply as much information as you can.

    Has this only just started happening
    Hey!

    New message, please read ...

    This is the message the virus sends. I have updated my system specs.

    billy268 said:
    If you have run Kaspersky and Malwarebytes and problem still persists, then it is possible your Hotmail account has been hacked.
    billy268 said:

    Perhaps, you should stop using that account,
    and create a new Hotmail email address,
    then inform your friends, relatives and business associates of the new email address.

    Adding................. although " close the Hotmail account " sounds a very logical action, it really does not solve anything.
    If you were hacked, the hacker had your contact list. He/she could continue sending emails to your contacts.
    The only way to prevent your contacts from being scammed is to inform them of the fact and of your new email address.

    I have blocked the outgoing traffic and i opened a search on my email address even. All by my ISP.
    Last edited by Be4stElectrjc; 09 Nov 2015 at 03:14.
      My Computer

  6. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,478
    2004
       #6

    What exactly does the sent mail say? Can you post the subject and contents.
      My Computer

  7. Be4stElectrjc's Avatar
    Posts : 155
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Ok, but don't click the link.

    Hey!

    New message, please read http://topeleventokenhacks.com/supposed.php
      My Computer

  8. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,478
    2004
       #8

    Do you think these messages are being sent from your PC? Can you see them in sent mail for example?

    If you haven't change your email password.

    If it continues it could be someone is spoofing your email (sending a mail as if from you with a contact list obtained earlier). This doesn't mean your email is hacked. To know if this is the case you would need to look at the email header of one of these messages as this would tell you who the mail was actually sent from (rather than who it appears to have been).

    As @billy268 said there isn't much you can do about that.
      My Computer

  9. Be4stElectrjc's Avatar
    Posts : 155
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    I have these mails in arrived mails, not in sent mails.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 149
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #10

    So you're receiving mails then, not sending them?
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:10.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums