Windows 10: Windows defender off ? Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,511
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
       25 Oct 2014 #1

    Windows defender off ?


    Uninstalled Panda and now windows defender is stuck off,
    Not clearly listed in windows features any one know which feature defender is listed as in turn windows features on or off :/
    Thanks in advance,
    Cheers.

    Defender is still listed in control panel and in action center but the turn on is not engaging

    Still in programs and program x86 :/
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    25 Oct 2014 #2
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,511
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
    Thread Starter
       25 Oct 2014 #3

    Thanks but nothing there helped defender was set on manual and refused to turn back on in services.....
    So I refreshed the install and now everything is good again,
    Silly Panda screwed up something on the uninstall or it's just a bug with defender being shut off by Panda,
    Left feedback looks like it's a common issue although not exactly as mine was :/
    Cheers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    26 Oct 2014 #4

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Thanks but nothing there helped defender was set on manual and refused to turn back on in services.....
    So I refreshed the install and now everything is good again,
    Silly Panda screwed up something on the uninstall or it's just a bug with defender being shut off by Panda,
    Left feedback looks like it's a common issue although not exactly as mine was :/
    Cheers.
    AVs should be uninstalled with programs specially made for particular one to return to windows settings from before, normall uninstalls leave traces so defender will not turn on because it "thinks" AV is still installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,511
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
    Thread Starter
       26 Oct 2014 #5

    Thanks Mike,
    Unfortunately that means windows 10 has not made any improvements in this area that just sad imho,
    The only good thing was refresh worked but flash media was needed to do that,
    Not sure what happened to the restore point after the first update and video card driver updates were loaded it said creating restore point but not available,
    So there's another failure freshly made restore point nowhere to be found :/
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    26 Oct 2014 #6

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Thanks Mike,
    Unfortunately that means windows 10 has not made any improvements in this area that just sad imho,
    The only good thing was refresh worked but flash media was needed to do that,
    Not sure what happened to the restore point after the first update and video card driver updates were loaded it said creating restore point but not available,
    So there's another failure freshly made restore point nowhere to be found :/
    Almost same happened to me. I made a restore point myself but could not restore from it, not even from safe mode.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 2,284
    Windows 10.3 Home 1703 x64 (Home per choice)
       26 Oct 2014 #7

    Make sure, that its services are set to Automatic as well, MpsSvc can be enabled only through registry:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MpsSvc]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WdNisSvc]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinDefend]


    AVs disable them, because WD runs sometimes, even when disabled, causing high CPU usage.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,511
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
    Thread Starter
       26 Oct 2014 #8

    That doesn't sound very user friendly messing around in the regestry to activate win-defender when the options are presented in action center and just not responding to it's own Turn on button,
    Bug reported as Uninstalling a third party antivirus stops windows defender from being actived via action center prompt,
    Cheers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1,511
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
    Thread Starter
       26 Oct 2014 #9

    CountMike said: View Post
    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Thanks Mike,
    Unfortunately that means windows 10 has not made any improvements in this area that just sad imho,
    The only good thing was refresh worked but flash media was needed to do that,
    Not sure what happened to the restore point after the first update and video card driver updates were loaded it said creating restore point but not available,
    So there's another failure freshly made restore point nowhere to be found :/
    Almost same happened to me. I made a restore point myself but could not restore from it, not even from safe mode.
    Ha I forgot to leave feedback on the system restore not being found thanks for reminding me
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 487
    Windows 7/64 Professional
       26 Oct 2014 #10

    I have reported problems with saving restore points.
    All the restore points are shown when using VSSADMIN LIST SHADOWS but when you go to do a restore you get one choice or none at all.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Windows 10 Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
With Windows 10 about to be released, I'm considering upgrading from Windows 7 which I currently protect with a version Norton Internet Security compatible with Windows 7 but not 10. I'm not too keen on the later build of NIS & can extend my...
Solved Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
windows defender is turned of on my computer but every time I boot my system windows defender is telling me its turned of is there a way to stop this (I am using windows 10 pro insider preview build 10074)
When does Windows Defender scan? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
If I download an exe file from someplace, does Defender scan the file immediately for possible problems or do I have to request the scan? Alfred
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YR1H9idCdag/UtY0NZXQgFI/AAAAAAAAASM/ql1suHgbn4g/s1600/1.png With the killer features awaiting in the Threshold, pushing for a more converged OS, any ideas on how Windows Defender would prevail across all the platforms?...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56.
Find Us