List of Anti-Viruses working in Windows 10 TP

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 19,209
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #11

    BunnyJ said:
    CountMike said:
    New AVAST 2015 still will not install in W 10.
    Thanks for the update.
    List of Anti-Viruses working in Windows 10 TP-capture.jpg
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 242
    Windows 7, 8.1, 10 | Linux
    Thread Starter
       #12

    SanyaIV said:
    I've been using Comodo Internet Security 8 Beta and it has been working fairly well for me in Windows 10 TP, I did notice that the "Fully Virtualized" sandbox wasn't working 100% correctly, sometimes things simply wouldn't launch in it. Worth bearing in mind is that it doesn't officially support Windows 10 yet.

    One issue I did notice was when updating to build 9860 of Windows 10 TP, the firewall of CIS got trashed so I had to reinstall.

    So generally it works fine, however it may have issues with Fully Virtualized sandboxing, although that could just be my system, don't know, either way I don't really use it, prefer HIPS.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, some antiviruses will cause problems because they are not currently build specially for Windows 10.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 54
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit upgrade
       #13

    Installing Avast in compatibility mode does not work either.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 19,209
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #14

    Nuccii said:
    Installing Avast in compatibility mode does not work either.
    If they do not make it compatible within a week, I'm changing AV on all my systems.
      My Computers

  5.    #15

    CountMike said:
    Nuccii said:
    Installing Avast in compatibility mode does not work either.
    If they do not make it compatible within a week, I'm changing AV on all my systems.
    Why don't you use Windows Defender ?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 19,209
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #16

    COMPUTIAC said:
    CountMike said:
    Nuccii said:
    Installing Avast in compatibility mode does not work either.
    If they do not make it compatible within a week, I'm changing AV on all my systems.
    Why don't you use Windows Defender ?
    I don't feel it's enough, if ever comes close to performance of commercial AVs I wil. But for something that even MS declares as not enough, no thank you. I do get into risky situations on internet and with other people's software media and every bit helps. I also keep McShield for USB born diseases, Mbam and few other to check during and after every risky action.
      My Computers

  7.    #17

    I guess if you get into risky stuff then Defender might not be enough.
    I've been using it since I got Win 8, about a year now. I also use MBAM, SAS, WOT and WinPatrol. Might be overkill but have not had any problems so far.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 19,209
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #18

    COMPUTIAC said:
    I guess if you get into risky stuff then Defender might not be enough.
    I've been using it since I got Win 8, about a year now. I also use MBAM, SAS, WOT and WinPatrol. Might be overkill but have not had any problems so far.
    Yeah, better safe (relatively) than sorry definitively.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 7,811
    Windows 10 Home
       #19

    I'm glad ESET works with 10.

    I'm not going to install any security software until Windows 10 is available for sale. Meanwhile I will live with what is available on 10.

    But after that......
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 928
    Win7-Win10-9879-Linux
       #20

    CountMike said:
    New AVAST 2015 still will not install in W 10.
    Workin on mine
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:05.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums