Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1.    21 Sep 2015 #41
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Wyandotte, MI
    Posts : 108
    Win 10 Pro 64bit

    Malwarebytes Premium and Windows Defender for me...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    22 Oct 2015 #42
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,942
    W10Prox64

    Avast AntiVirus Free, Malwarebytes Antimalware Free, Malwarebytes AntiExploit, SuperAntiSpyware Free, CryptoPrevent Free

    All free, all do their own bit, all play together nicely, and this combination works very well for people who are *not* computer savvy and just want to be protected and not worry about things.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Oct 2015 #43

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Avast AntiVirus Free, Malwarebytes Antimalware Free, Malwarebytes AntiExploit, SuperAntiSpyware Free, CryptoPrevent Free

    All free, all do their own bit, all play together nicely, and this combination works very well for people who are *not* computer savvy and just want to be protected and not worry about things.
    While that seems like a lot of protection thats a good combo since the only real time protection thats running is Avast and Mbam anti exploit .

    The others are just on demand scanners which is a good thing to have , just got to remember to run them from time to time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Oct 2015 #44
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,942
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by fredc View Post
    While that seems like a lot of protection thats a good combo since the only real time protection thats running is Avast and Mbam anti exploit .

    The others are just on demand scanners which is a good thing to have , just got to remember to run them from time to time.
    Yes, exactly. One AV (Avast) and one zero-day anti-exploit (MBAE) for real-time protection. MBAM and SAS are run on demand. CryptoPrevent is a Group Policy modifier.

    And yes, I also remind people to run their manual scans every 15th of the month, *after* updating the virus databases.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    22 Oct 2015 #45
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 3
    Dual Boot 10 Pro v1607 10 Pro rs2 build 14971

    I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    22 Oct 2015 #46
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 91
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Yes, exactly. One AV (Avast) and one zero-day anti-exploit (MBAE) for real-time protection. MBAM and SAS are run on demand. CryptoPrevent is a Group Policy modifier.

    And yes, I also remind people to run their manual scans every 15th of the month, *after* updating the virus databases.
    My updates are done several times a day, they are streamed, but I use AIS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    22 Oct 2015 #47
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,868
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    My Malwarebytes Pro is updated twice a day......my firewall always has been Norton 360 Pro. These are not freeware apps.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    22 Oct 2015 #48
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 91
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    My Malwarebytes Pro is updated twice a day......my firewall always has been Norton 360 Pro. These are not freeware apps.
    Norton was a great Program when Peter Norton ran it. When he sold it to Symantec, it turned into Bloatware. I used to use it back in the day.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    22 Oct 2015 #49
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,868
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Norton was a great Program when Peter Norton ran it. When he sold it to Symantec, it turned into Bloatware. I used to use it back in the day.
    Oh I know how most people feel about Nortons on here.....but I like it, and I've used a lot of others before Norton, all were not free except windows firewall which I ran for about a week and a half on purpose after my clean install. THAT was the longest time I ever ran Windows firewall for at least the last 20 years.....or so....lol But I always get #hit on for running Norton's. AND that's ok too. Different strokes for different folks......

    Oh and its not bloatware if you turn some of the stuff off.....their are other programs with more.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    22 Oct 2015 #50
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,942
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    My updates are done several times a day, they are streamed, but I use AIS.
    Avast AV Free does as well. But MBAM Free, SAS Free and CryptoPrevent all need to be manually updated before running.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows Movie Maker not Available for Windows Ten, Please Recommend 1
Hi, Windows Movie Maker is not available for Windows Ten, please recommend one. Thanks!!
Software and Apps
Solved Recommend backup software for 10
Hi ... I'm curious if anyone is using a backup software with windows 10 ? And, if so which are you using ? I always been a Acronis True Image user but their latest version 2015 I really hate the whole interface of it . I did try it out but it has...
Backup and Restore
Solved VPN Recommend?
Hi, I'm looking to use a VPN on Windows 10 plus my iPhone 5S, anyone know of any good ones? I was looking at a few but no idea if there any good, anyone know if they are good? IPVanish.com | The Best VPN Service Provider with Fast,...
Network and Sharing
Recommend a cheap AMD machine
I am looking to spec up an AMD machine for dad as his machine is old and slow. All he does with his computer is write letters and play solitaire so it doesn't need to be anything fancy. I am unfamiliar with AMD hardware, specs and prices so I...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums