Download the MCPR tool from: http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp
and save it to a folder on your computer.
The MCPR tool is updated periodically when new products and updates are released. Always download a new copy of the MCPR tool before using it to uninstall your product.
Navigate to the folder where you saved the file, and double-click MCPR.exe
When you see the User Account Control dialog box, click Yes
At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next
At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next
to accept the agreement.
When prompted, type the Captcha information, which is case-sensitive, to validate to application security, and then click Next
- If you have Family Protection installed, type your Administrator user name and password and click Next.
- If you cannot authenticate, follow the on-screen instructions to obtain an uninstall code. If you do not have Family Protection installed, you will not receive this authentication prompt.
When you see the message CleanUp Successful
, restart your computer. Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until after the restart.
If you see the message Cleanup Unsuccessful
, save your MCPR log files for analysis by Technical Support:Source: McAfee uninstall tutorial
- At the Cleanup Unsuccessful dialog box, click View Logs. Your troubleshooting log opens in a Notepad window.
- Click File, Save As, and save the file to your Desktop. Name the file MCPR_date.txt (for example, MCPR_Jan10_12.txt).
- Contact McAfee Technical Support and provide the log file to your technician for troubleshooting.
- Confirm that all McAfee products have been removed from your computer